IGNORED

Today's Pre Match Presser

Tomo

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Naismith was injured at Leeds, calf tightened in last 5-10 minutes.  Heard about it earlyish in international break, so not something that happened on return.  I think some posters alluded to it without saying so during the break, because they’d heard the same.

This is a simple example of how a bit of “information” (mis-information - who knows), gets put out there and people start making 2+2 calculations.

Thats not having a go at you Mr P. btw, it’s just how these things work.  And it’s fine to question based on new information, the problem is being able to tell what is truthful and what isn’t.

Thanks Dave, he had a tightened calf at Leeds late on? Of course with a slightly deeper squad he could have been substituted and it may have changed the trajectory which is something to criticise the hierarchy above the first team for ie the board.

The injuries still feel too high compared to our peers though, the rolling and persistent nature does remain a concern. Even if one or two errors were made, it feels a very convenient excuse to get rid. The injury situation seems to have been above average for years though.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, chowie said:

Zak says 'split the fanbase'" I'm not seeing that.

You’re clearly not looking in the right places.  If you seriously think that 97% of fans are angry about Pearson going then I suspect you’re way off the mark.  Most fans have seen it all before.  Managers come and go.  It’s part of football.  Pearson had a good run, and has done some very good work, but at the end of the day, we’re in the same position we were in four seasons ago and have just lost a manager with one of the worst win percentages in the clubs history.  I’ve talked to Pearson and I liked him, but it’s hardly a huge surprise that he’s gone.  Time to move on.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You’re clearly not looking in the right places.  If you seriously think that 97% of fans are angry about Pearson going then I suspect you’re way off the mark.  Most fans have seen it all before.  Managers come and go.  It’s part of football.  Pearson had a good run, and has done some very good work, but at the end of the day, we’re in the same position we were in four seasons ago and have just lost a manager with one of the worst win percentages in the clubs history.  I’ve talked to Pearson and I liked him, but it’s hardly a huge surprise that he’s gone.  Time to move on.

Time the Lansdowns and Tinnion moved on as well, mind. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You think we are in the same position as we were 4 years ago? Pearson has done wonders and made huge improvements.  To say thar, sorry mate, but you ain't got a clue

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just watched the Vyner interview. Got some bloke holding the microphone. Spotted a hand about 10 minutes in . Surely they can put a couple of microphones on the table. Seems so amateur 

Could also hear kids shouting in the background, or maybe it was JL interviewing new candidates. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Perhaps not 97% across the fanbase but I doubt there are many who taking positives.

We were much more fiscally expansive 4 years ago, and the football was arguably worse- certainly the position and points were not really underpinned by performance level.

Put another way, how would Pearson do with Lee Johnson's squad prior to the rot setting in and how would Lee Johnson have done with Pearson's post rot, post disaster.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 7

Just now, hinsleburg said:

This has been posted a lot

And I'm extremely grateful every time it comes up as it gets me every time!

'And that's it really' 

Funniest, and most apt, thing I’ve seen all year. I will never get bored of watching that! Nail on the head! 🤣

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

…. and being in the same position, rather than League 1 is a pretty impressive feat, considering the restrictions NP’s had to work under, wouldn’t you think?

No two ways about it, this sacking is stinking the place out.  Imho, no supporter who cares about the integrity of this club will find it acceptible, or justified.

• Like 6

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

…. and being in the same position, rather than League 1 is a pretty impressive feat, considering the restrictions NP’s had to work under, wouldn’t you think?

No two ways about it, this sacking is stinking the place out.  Imho, no supporter who cares about the integrity of this club will find it acceptible, or justified.

Exactly this it stinks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well put.

• Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, Street red said:

Vyner improved as man that tells you what a great man manager Pearson is.

Weimann posted something very similar, really struck me that that a player as experienced as him felt the value of working with Nige, not just as a football manager, but as a person.

Can you imagine any of our players saying anything along those lines for certain previous managers!

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Spot on.

It remains an absolute joke. The bunch of ******* clowns never deserved him.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 3