IGNORED

Today's Pre Match Presser

Tomo

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looks very likely that the new head coach won't have been appointed by Saturday, which is quite surprising when you consider 

a) they've already been considering Nige's replacement for over three weeks

b) Jon said that for the first time in over 20 years of running the club they have absolute clarity on the type of head coach they want

I understand they need to be diligent, and in fairness a not outrageous period of time has passed since Nige's sacking, but you really would have thought they'd at least be very close to an appointment by now - and I'm not getting those vibes.

May I jog your memory back to the 6 weeks of deliberation that brought about the unveiling of Holden....... unbelievably an internal appointment!

Who really knows what is going on with these clowns in charge!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Wow what a post! Spot on mate. I almost saw a glint in Curtis’s eye of “you don’t know what the **** you’ve done you clowns”. That experience oozing out of him with every word, credibility, knowledge, assurance. All that culture undone by a ******* imbecile in charge of our club. Anyone still supporting Lansdown really needs to wipe the shit out of their eyes. 

It’s where I am. If anything, getting more angry/depressed over the whole thing as time passes.

Seen more of the wider team than usually do, Absolutely clear they are all experienced, hugely committed, have a clear purpose and as a team that respect each other. Alongside that comfortable in their own skin and seem they were totally committed to this club. They clearly saw it as a journey that was only half way there and just all frustrated they cannot see it through. It’s as if we sacked Dicks three years in.

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Slightly paraphrased but main takeaways:

• Players and staff in shock
  • Knock on to 30 or 40 people, other employees, when a manager goes - not just one person is sacked.
  • Nige will be back and they will work together again
  • David Rennie one of the best in the business and has done a fantastic job
  • 2 wins in next 2 games and table would have/will look very different
  • 4 weeks time and the conversations over injuries would be very different - i.e many are returning over next 4 games or so, already 3 back in contention for Saturday
  • His focus is on Saturday and that's it - focus is on the boys(players) - absolutely no conversation about putting name in the hat
  • Talked a bit about Nige's achievements and legacy - culture installed and proud of what they've done here.
  • Sad to be leaving, it's a great club, who wouldn't be sad

Our board are absolute ****ing morons.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

REINSTATE PEARSON, RENNIE, EUELL

Someone start the petition FFS

Dear Steve, you have a chance to repair your reputation. Sort it out.

I would sign this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Don’t know to be honest. 
I know for sure it’s not LJ - a friend of mine has been speaking to him today about Fleetwood, so he’s definitely not lined up for us. 

My take on it is :

Lampard was someone’s fantasy. 
Rowett was clearly approached a couple of weeks ago, so if it was gonna be him it surely would’ve been done by now. 
For me it points to someone who is currently in work and we’re trying to work on compensation. That’s either Manning or Mousinho I reckon. 

Is it likely one of them would want to come to City?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Don’t know to be honest. 
I know for sure it’s not LJ - a friend of mine has been speaking to him today about Fleetwood, so he’s definitely not lined up for us. 

My take on it is :

Lampard was someone’s fantasy. 
Rowett was clearly approached a couple of weeks ago, so if it was gonna be him it surely would’ve been done by now. 
For me it points to someone who is currently in work and we’re trying to work on compensation. That’s either Manning or Mousinho I reckon. 

From what I understand Mousinho is one of the names in the hat, originally we weren't given permission to talk but this changed in the week 

I know someone connected with Bolton who knows that a Championship side have been in contact about talking to Ian Evatt 

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

SL won't be there and was never intended to be 

JL is scheduled to be at the game 

Serious question, do you know when SL last saw us play live? How many times a season do you think he actually does?

Been at 2 recent rugby matches, I believe.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nope.

Which bit? 

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Got ya

Starts off with needless and baseless antagonism, tied in to a conspiracy theory about Bristol Sport bots, a bit of projection and then cod psychology too 

Cracking post, *rolls eyes* 

Perhaps you need to look closer to what has been happening on this forum 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Haven't watched either press interview yet, but reading the comments, it's starting to sound like Curtis is more popular than 'Pembo'.

Great record, Pembo, as Numero Uno here: 4 games, 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Just the one goal conceded. Tightened us up at the back and turnt us around. Beat that, Flem-o!

1 minute ago, Ashtongreight said:

I’ve a feeling this is going on for a while. We are going to have to go down the route of a young mid table League 1, league 2 coach who’s willing to have a go just to have the chance to prove themselves at championship level. Which begs the question, why get rid of a top quality championship level coach. 

because they are morons

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

What a lovely guy Fleming comes across as. No doubt has a fierce competitive edge to him but can’t help but have time for the guy. Will be missed I’m sure. 

I've chatted to him quite a bit and he's a top bloke.