IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We are literally waiting for Robins to get fired aren't we?

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Mentioned this today…..Robins can’t be far off getting the chop and then SL finally gets his man!

Signed a new 4 year deal in May. Can’t see Coventry sacking him & paying that off. He’s so far in credit with them it’s unreal as well, going to take more than this to sack him

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Signed a new 4 year deal in May. Can’t see Coventry sacking him & paying that off. He’s so far in credit with them it’s unreal as well, going to take more than this to sack him

Who says we won't have Curtis on Temp duties for 18 months...........................

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He literally dragged them from league 2 to within a penalty of the prem whilst winning a trophy, as you say it is going to take a hell of a lot for him to get the chop. Even if they finish 21st,he is still in credit!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Nigel Pearson thanks. However would go for Dean Smith, Mark Robins or Lampard. We need a name for PR, financial purposes. And no I have zero interest in watching League One or Two, but I did see how easily we swept aside Oxford in August. Spent years doing it, if we want promotion we need proven. 

I’m making the point that it’s a cushty club who keep ex players (like no other) 

You have no interest in League One football, but you want Lampard 🤦🏽‍♂️

31 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

As a player! We're talking about management. Successful spells at Derby and Chelsea? Sorry have we lived in parallel universes.. what proven managerial accomplishments can you name he's done? Yeah I know Mark Robins did that.. I clearly acknowledged that in my last post however, you said you had no interest in League 1/2 football so why are you quoting it now?

Oh come on! He took Derby to the play off final! More than any manager has done for us since GJ! He also built a terrific young side at Chelsea and developed the likes of Mount, Tomori, Tammy etc and qualified Chelsea for the UCL without spending a penny. He’s a perfectly good candidate for Bristol City. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Much as I wish Pearson had not been sacked, I could not give a flying **** whether the new manager is an “inspiring” appointment or not.

I don’t want an “inspiring” appointment. I want a good one. The two best appointments over the last twenty years - Johnson and Cotterill - weren’t inspiring in the least but they did the bloody job.

Whoever gets it - whether that be Manning or someone else - will be judged by me on their results, not how “inspiring” the appointment is.

I agree with this totally! This lads coached for 13 years before taking up management he has a wealth of coaching experience also on the continent in Belgium and clearly brings an attacking brand of football which he has proven he can implement as a head coach at both mks and Oxford! People say about lampard yes he was a great player but what makes him stand out as a innovative coach ? A motivator? A tactician? A technical teacher of the game ? This appointment makes absolute sence to me given the way we want to Try and play football to get us promoted! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Oh come on! He took Derby to the play off final! More than any manager has done for us since GJ! He also built a terrific young side at Chelsea and developed the likes of Mount, Tomori, Tammy etc and qualified Chelsea for the UCL without spending a penny. He’s a perfectly good candidate for Bristol City. 

Didn’t need to spend a penny, Chelsea with **** all transfer budget with their squad size and loan squad is a very different place to Bristol City.

Very average manager playing off the back of a stellar playing career and the family name.

The only thing you’d get with him is a bit more media focus until Sky get bored. 

I’ve just put a max bet on Manning, might as well make some money from the appointment. 

Not the appointment many were hoping for but I’m pretty sure Postecoglou wasn’t the fans first choice either. 

Todays game was clear there is a lot of ability within the squad but lacking that final third instinctive play. Let’s hope Manning can maximise this group of players.

According to Bristol Live, Manning has said in his post match presser that he has had ‘no contact with BCFC and has heard nothing’. Does this suggest he’s not our man?

Don’t want to be naive but everyone is so cautious and media trained these days aren’t they. You’d obviously dodge a direct question like this (like politicians do) but you wouldn’t just outright lie, would you? You’d find another way of answering it.

Is it possible that he’s the Lansdwon’s main man but still hasn’t actually spoken to them yet? Can’t see it.

3 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

According to Bristol Live, Manning has said in his post match presser that he has had ‘no contact with BCFC and has heard nothing’. Does this suggest he’s not our man?

Don’t want to be naive but everyone is so cautious and media trained these days aren’t they. You’d obviously dodge a direct question like this (like politicians do) but you wouldn’t just outright lie, would you? You’d find another way of answering it.

Is it possible that he’s the Lansdwon’s main man but still hasn’t actually spoken to them yet? Can’t see it.

Well hes hardly going to say yes, im off tomorrow is he!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Reading the Oxford forum, they are all resigned to losing him saying he would be mad to turn it down. 

1 hour ago, BCFC31 said:

I agree with this totally! This lads coached for 13 years before taking up management he has a wealth of coaching experience also on the continent in Belgium and clearly brings an attacking brand of football which he has proven he can implement as a head coach at both mks and Oxford! People say about lampard yes he was a great player but what makes him stand out as an innovative coach ? A motivator? A tactician? A technical teacher of the game ? This appointment makes absolute sence to me given the way we want to Try and play football to get us promoted! 

Must admit I knew nothing of Manning until I read his bio earlier. Having read that, as you say, he does sound like the type of person that would fit the bill for the owners based on what they have indicated they are looking for. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Manning was appointed. 

Just now, eardun said:

Must admit I knew nothing of Manning until I read his bio earlier. Having read that, as you say, he does sound like the type of person that would fit the bill for the owners based on what they have indicated they are looking for. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Manning was appointed. 

He’s the sort of appointment Brentford, Brighton or Swansea of a few years ago might’ve made in the Championship based on his profile.

I don’t know enough about him to have a particularly strong opinion - but if they do go for someone like him at least they're being consistent in following their messaging from earlier in the week. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Nigel Pearson to Liam Manning. This is a wind up I assume?

Nope. It's Brian Tinnion - sorry - teacher's pet, Guerney's puppet, geordio brown-nosio, call him what you will.

I'll settle for c***.

Whoever gets the job is irrelevant- the way Pearson has been treated tells you all you need to know.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, eardun said:

I’ve said this elsewhere but, based on what the owners have said they want then it feels like it is going to be one of 

1) Manning 

2) Mousinho (less experienced)

3) Schumacher (potentially not enough id a step up)

4) Williams (who were apparently not after)

5) someone from overseas 

6) someone who does not fit the profile.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-candidate-liam-manning-8884017

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

Could just be that we are going about it the proper way, i.e. trying to agree a compensation figure with Oxford. Conversations with Manning would only come after that is agreed and they give their blessing for us to talk to him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JackMarch said:

Can’t say I know too much about him but seeing he currently plays a back three will he try the same here if appointed or is he flexible in his formations? Feels like another 3 transfer window transition phase🤷‍♂️

Jon and/or Tinns said the new person would be chosen because they will be ready to coach in the same way we’ve been coaching/playing so no need for assembling a new squad.

Or something like that

• Like 1