IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

• Admin
1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Jon and/or Tinns said the new person would be chosen because they will be ready to coach in the same way we’ve been coaching/playing so no need for assembling a new squad.

Or something like that

Surely in a better way seeing as we have used our training methods to decondition the playing squad. You can see this from the injury time goals we concede every single game.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Surely in a better way seeing as we have used our training methods to decondition the playing squad. You can see this from the injury time goals we concede every single game.

Well the same style of play more than the physical side, days off or whatever 

Edited by ralphindevon

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Jon and/or Tinns said the new person would be chosen because they will be ready to coach in the same way we’ve been coaching/playing so no need for assembling a new squad.

Or something like that

JL also said it wouldn't be an uninspiring appointment..

Manning may well be a good appointment, not sure, but with all due respect I wouldn't call it an inspiring appointment by any stretch (if he is appointed of course).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Manning may well be a good appointment, not sure, but with all due respect I wouldn't call it an inspiring appointment by any stretch (if he is appointed of course).

Yeah that was odd, imagine him saying I’ve got someone in mind, he’s not at all inspiring but he’ll do.

If Manning ticks enough of Jon’s boxes to employ him then Jon’s going to find him inspiring.

I must admit I haven’t read up enough on him to judge yet.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Was upset when he clarified that. I was hopeful for an uninspiring one, as are most fans when their club is looking for a new manager 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah that was odd, imagine him saying I’ve got someone in mind, he’s not at all inspiring but he’ll do.

If Manning ticks enough of Jon’s boxes to employ him then Jon’s going to find him inspiring.

I must admit I haven’t read up enough on him to judge yet.

Two options I’m hearing:

Italian - Stabilo

German - Staedtler

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Super said:

I'd take Lampard over Manning.

Why ? He’s not going to put his boots back on for us . I’m not impressed in any of the linked names if I’m honest but at least manning has some coaching credentials . It would turn into a circus if lampard was appointed. Every interview turned into a chelsea love  in just like Rooney talking about the mancs at his . 

On 03/11/2023 at 21:00, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep- I'll continue to support OTIB and also BCFC. As SL loses c£30,000,000 per annum keeping the club afloatt:BCFC are , were, and will be a loss making football club so I don't share your flippant disregard to money and sustainability. 

I support OTIB because there are a number of people who behind the scenes give up their time (unpaid) to give us a largely great forum. This seems lost on those who feel entitled.

Robin 🦬

I think I'd be happy/optimistic about this.

@Harry's posts about team/formation/style differences are interesting and do raise a few concerns or questions. Particularly whether Manning will need to adapt his systems to accommodate our "top 6 squad" or whether the squad will be told to adapt to Manning's methods. Either way is fraught with a danger of going pretty wrong.

But his history is good, he improves teams, he's in work rather than on the scrapheap, and should be a positive appointment.

As always there will be a risk and he could be gone in July, but I'm much more optimistic about Manning than some of the other names we've seen discussed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Will be formally appointed in next 24-48 hours.

Backed him and Williams from the start as felt type of appointment we would go for, but personally can’t see it. No leak from either our side or oxfords - hope I’m wrong as if correct a tidy few quid but can’t see it 

Edited by daored

Just now, BCFCGav said:

I’m warming to this idea. 

Though I’d be SO tempted to wait until next weekend to see if Cov pull the trigger on Robins. I know he’s a manager not a coach - but I really like him. 

No, Robins is not the one for us. If we cannot have an aged Pearson why should we have another one from Coventry?

If it is Manning it will be someone with fresh ideas and a real target to aim at.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

No, Robins is not the one for us. If we cannot have an aged Pearson why should we have another one from Coventry?

If it is Manning it will be someone with fresh ideas and a real target to aim at.

Politely disagree. Whoever comes in will have a job on to get us promoted, of course, but I’d be more confident Robins could pull it off than Manning. 

1 minute ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Didn’t someone say we would be impressed by the appointment?  This is not!

I've heard "them" call the appointment immpresive and also exciting.

I agree, if it is Manning it will be a bit of a let down tbh - far from exciting or impressive.