IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

20 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

JL also said it wouldn't be an uninspiring appointment..

Manning may well be a good appointment, not sure, but with all due respect I wouldn't call it an inspiring appointment by any stretch (if he is appointed of course).

JL said Holden was the best man for the job three years ago and from recent interviews, it doesn’t look like he’s sharpened up since. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Where has this German link come from?

A couple of ‘ITKs’ dropped it in and haven’t really gave any details.

Theres a lot of people saying what isn’t happening, truth is, I don’t think anyone really knows. I think it’s unlikely it will be tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Jon Lansdown was quoted as promotion didn’t be? In that case, whoever comes in needs to get the club promoted this season. Below that is failure if that is the standard being set by the club.

They can’t move the goalposts to what suits them…but I’m sure they will.

Behave , I don’t like him either , certainly wanted Nige to stay , but whoever comes in will need some time but hopefully get us near this year, but to hang them out to dry because Lansdown says we have a top six squad is unfair 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Who is asking for a big name ?

The only big name has been Lampard and that hasn't exactly been met with enthusiasm.

I think what people are asking for is what they said they would deliver - inspiring, exciting, etc etc.

So, a head coach with a CV which includes some successes at a decent level.

If they get rid of such a manager/coach, they need to replace him with at least his equal. Someone inspiring, exciting, etc etc.

Has NP ever been exciting.?

Are we looking for another manager who did well over 8 years ago & hasn't seen out a permenant contract at any of his 4 jobs since then..?

What is Phil Brown up to these days..? Would he qualify as a good shout..?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, Cov 77 said:

Behave , I don’t like him either , certainly wanted Nige to stay , but whoever comes in will need some time but hopefully get us near this year, but to hang them out to dry because Lansdown says we have a top six squad is unfair 

Why is it unfair? The chairman of this football club has come out in public and expects promotion. Whoever comes in has to achieve that this season, or the very least knocking on the door. 

Going by the clubs logic.  Failure to do so should result in removal of position end of season.

The club have put their foot in it. Made their bed, now lie in it.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Well it's what happened to the last one.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, The Coach said:

Why is it unfair? The chairman of this football club has come out in public and expects promotion. Whoever comes in has to achieve that this season, or the very least knocking on the door. 

Going by the clubs logic.  Failure to do so should result in removal of position end of season.

I know people are pissed off with the Lansdowns and what the boy said but just shit stirring 

3 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I would expect a manager to get a full campaign to achieve top 6.  They didn’t think pearson was going to do that so moved him on.  I doubt they will expect a new manager to pick it up from here and achieve it. 

15 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

If it is Manning  it’s really uninspiring appointment, always feels like lansdown is trying to copy other clubs, rather than actually sourcing the right man for our club,  would of taken Lampard , Jones, Beadle all over Manning personally 

Beadle? 

Bit late for that. 

Unless you mean Jeremy, in which case... yeah... definitely a bit late for that.

6 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

The Lansdownes have not got a scooby doo. Blatantly obvious.

Appointing a “yes man” rather than someone who challenges is a clear sign of weak leadership/lack of direction and quite frankly an uninspiring appointment if it is Manning.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I would expect a manager to get a full campaign to achieve top 6.  They didn’t think pearson was going to do that so moved him on.  I doubt they will expect a new manager to pick it up from here and achieve it. 

Again why not? We are 4 points of the play offs. Not 14. 

Whoever comes in, has to get in the top 6 then if that’s what the club are expecting.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Or did he say they expected promotion & now want someone who can push us on.?

Did I miss him say "whoever the new manager is will be expected to get promoted come the end of this season"..?

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Has NP ever been exciting.?

Are we looking for another manager who did well over 8 years ago & hasn't seen out a permenant contract at any of his 4 jobs since then..?

What is Phil Brown up to these days..? Would he qualify as a good shout..?

I think Phil Brown runs a franchise of tanning salons now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or did he say they expected promotion & now want someone who can push us on.?

Did I miss him say "whoever the new manager is will be expected to get promoted come the end of this season"..?

He didn't say that. 

But he expected it of Pearson. 

What's the difference, do you think? 🤔

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Again why not? We are 4 points of the play offs. Not 14. 

Whoever comes in, has to get in the top 6 then if that’s what the club are expecting.

Because the new manager won't have has 2.5 years to have an impact.

In 2.5 years, we started day 1 in 18th position & the last day saw us in 15th place. Fact.

Steady, gradually progress in difficult circumstances - yes.

Someone who looked like being a long term answer to taking us forward - 2.5 years, health problems & whatever possible disagreements didn't indicate so.

• Like 1

Just now, Superjack said:

He didn't say that. 

JL and GM said one of the reasons for sacking NP was that they are looking at promotion this season and they didn't think that would happen under NP. So I assume they expect it of the new bloke ?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

He didn't say that. 

Whether you agree with it or not I don’t think it’s that hard to understand. They didn’t feel that the performances were good enough for us to challenge for the play offs.  I think most fans would agree that on the whole this season we haven’t produced many top 6 performances.  

They are then hoping a new manager can improve performances.  That doesn’t necessarily mean they expect a new manager to achieve top 6 in just 7 months time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, bcfc01 said:

JL and GM said one of the reasons for sacking NP was that they are looking at promotion this season and they didn't think that would happen under NP. So I assume they expect it of the new bloke ?

I'll give you a clue. 

They don't dislike the new bloke.

Yet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

They won’t sack whoever they appoint if they miss out on top 6 and I think you know that and are just being a bit flippant 

The next incumbent will be cut Johnson levels of slack and will be backed heavily as well. If this one goes t1ts the lansdowns are going to look stupider than ever and they’ll move heaven and earth to try and make sure that it doesn’t happen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

He didn't say that. 

Isn't the difference obvious..?

It won't be the new man's squad & he will be starting already adrift of the play off places, unlike the level pegging at the start of the season.

He will only have 2/3's of the season to claw that back.

Hopefully he will have his own ideas on players he'd like/not like to achieve his goals & won't have until January to make any changes to the squad whatsoever.

Is it really that hard to fathom out how the situation & expectations might differ..?!

• Like 1

Just now, milo1111 said:

The next incumbent will be cut Johnson levels of slack and will be backed heavily as well. If this one goes t1ts the lansdowns are going to look stupider than ever and they’ll move heaven and earth to try and make sure that it doesn’t happen.

And I repeat...

Rookie manager = "Here's a load of money, go buy yourself some toys".

Experienced manager = "You've got us out of the shit, but you can't have any money".

SELL UP AND **** OFF.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1