IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn't the difference obvious..?

It won't be the new man's squad & he will be starting already adrift of the play off places, unlike the level pegging at the start of the season.

He will only have 2/3's of the season to claw that back.

Hopefully he will have his own ideas on players he'd like/not like to achieve his goals & won't have until January to make any changes to the squad whatsoever.

Is it really that hard to fathom out how the situation & expectations might differ..?!

I feel that there is still so much anger and some fans will take longer to accept what has happened 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

You assume wrong I believe. 

Well, we'll find out at the end of the season.

FWIW, I think the Landowns are desparate to get into the EPL to make a sale quicker and easier. They may well fork out a few quid in January. 

• Like 3

It won't be the new man's squad & he will be starting already adrift of the play off places, unlike the level pegging at the start of the season.

Hopefully he will have his own ideas on players he'd like/not like to achieve his goals & won't have until January to make any changes to the squad whatsoever.

Is it really that hard to fathom out how the situation & expectations might differ..?!

This squad should be challenging at the top end of the table. That was what was said. It doesn’t matter who comes in, that’s what should be expected of him. His squad or not. We all know full well he won’t be held to that but hey ho. 

• Like 3

Apparently we already have a top 6 squad.

if there is another churn of players then that makes sacking Pearson even more brainless. I thought we haven’t got much money 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I won’t be judging the new manager on whether they achieve promotion this season. I’ll be judging Jon & Brian. 
Whoever comes in gets a fair shot in my eyes. But promotion was clearly stated as the goal and if new boss doesn’t achieve it then it’s on JL & BT. I won’t be screaming for the managers head, I’ll be expecting changes at the top. 

Yep. Well said, Tinnion is the one I’ve got my eye on. Failed at this club once, lucky to have a second chance. 

• Like 3

Just now, Galley is our king said:

Well why didn't they fork out a few quid in the summer then?

Because they wanted Pearson gone. They did it at the first opportunity and it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the new man has a bit of cash in January.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The parameters have been set.   Lansdown Jnr clearly said that this squad is the best since he’s been here and that the change has been made as he believes the squad is good enough to compete this season.  It’s there on the record as to why Pearson has gone.  So that’s how he has to be judged.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I won’t be judging the new manager on whether they achieve promotion this season. I’ll be judging Jon & Brian. 
Whoever comes in gets a fair shot in my eyes. But promotion was clearly stated as the goal and if new boss doesn’t achieve it then it’s on JL & BT. I won’t be screaming for the managers head, I’ll be expecting changes at the top. 

100%

I don’t think it matters who we appoint. With this set up we will not achieve anything. I’ve been saying it for years. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Why is it unfair? The chairman of this football club has come out in public and expects promotion. Whoever comes in has to achieve that this season, or the very least knocking on the door. 

Going by the clubs logic.  Failure to do so should result in removal of position end of season.

The club have put their foot in it. Made their bed, now lie in it.

No your just being pedantic.

Hypothetically, if we reach the play-offs but don't go up I want you to post with that same energy.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I guess the difference is the at we are supposedly NOT starting from scratch. We’re 4 points off the playoffs with the next match against the 23rd placed team. The new head coach is being brought in to supposedly work to a certain remit and style. To work within the parameters already laid down, specifically when it comes to budget, recruitment, playing style. 

I would agree with you if we were bringing in a new manager to start over again. But we’re not. We have clearly stated that the new man will work within the existing philosophy. 

As I say, I’m not going to call for the new managers head if we don’t go up, but I will be expecting Jon & Brian to front it up, and perhaps reevaluate their philosophies and the club structure. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Oh... of course. Rip it up and start again. 

How many times under these ****wits?

• Like 4

Just now, And Its Smith said:

I feel that there is still so much anger and some fans will take longer to accept what has happened 

Perhaps, but coming to terms with something they would have preferred to turn out differently & then being deliberately dim/obtuse are 2 totally different things.

To claim the expectations of NP before the season started & whoever the new bloke is, with a third of the season gone & starting with already having to make up the defecit of NP's tenure, is just being ridiculous.

NP has gone. His record here was poor-just about average.

Our home form throughout his tenure has been pretty abysmal.

The timing (injuries) made the decision surprising - but that doesn't gloss over the fact that we have hardly progressed in his 2.5 years in charge. 

• Sad 2
  • Facepalm 5

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I guess the difference is the at we are supposedly NOT starting from scratch. We’re 4 points off the playoffs with the next match against the 23rd placed team. The new head coach is being brought in to supposedly work to a certain remit and style. To work within the parameters already laid down, specifically when it comes to budget, recruitment, playing style. 

I would agree with you if we were bringing in a new manager to start over again. But we’re not. We have clearly stated that the new man will work within the existing philosophy. 

As I say, I’m not going to call for the new managers head if we don’t go up, but I will be expecting Jon & Brian to front it up, and perhaps reevaluate their philosophies and the club structure. 

I think we all hope that this season can see us improve under the new appointment.

Be a bit more consistent  score more goals & generally look like we are moving in the right direction.

To expect promotion would be crazy - to look like we are heading in the right direction for it would be excellent & refreshing. 

No ITK or anything, but would find it strange if it was being told to the players tomorrow that manning is the manager. You’d of thought something would have leaked about us asking permission to talk with him already. Just suprised how little there is in terms of links on this. Just feel they could only get away with it more if it was someone not in a job currently. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I would expect a manager to get a full campaign to achieve top 6.  They didn’t think pearson was going to do that so moved him on.  I doubt they will expect a new manager to pick it up from here and achieve it. 

Great - yet more 'jam tomorrow'. Jeez...they've had 20 years, can't the Lansdowns just crack on a bit. One step forwards, two back...again and again...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think we all hope that this season can see us improve under the new appointment.

Be a bit more consistent  score more goals & generally look like we are moving in the right direction.

To expect promotion would be crazy - to look like we are heading in the right direction for it would be excellent & refreshing. 

I’m seething nige was sacked but I’m not going to put unfair pressure on the new man . BUT by the end of this season I’ll be expecting him to keep us in the top half as we are now and like you say start scoring a few more goals. Especially at home.

if we end up with no improvement at all I will be blaming tinnion and the lansdowns for their decisions.

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Correct. Then to Cardiff. 

Yes, the following season.

Presumed by ‘that heart sinking moment at the Valley’ you meant the game when Lansdown turned up with LJ.

Either way, Warnock would have likely got us promoted at some stage but there’s zero chance that Lansdown would ever let a manager like that near our club.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

27 minutes ago, RedReg said:

Back to the yes man way of doing things then.

Hacked off though I am with the board, I’m a bit unclear as to why you assume Manning to be a “yes man”?

I don’t know loads about him and, if we are in for him, I have no idea if it is the right appointment but the little I know is he comes across as someone with a defined idea of how he wants his teams to play.

What has he done that makes you think he is a “yes man”?

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

I’m seething nige was sacked but I’m not going to put unfair pressure on the new man . BUT by the end of this season I’ll be expecting him to keep us in the top half as we are now and like you say start scoring a few more goals. Especially at home.

if we end up with no improvement at all I will be blaming tinnion and the lansdowns for their decisions.

Fair enough. 

But I would say that you have already had ample time to do that.

17 minutes ago, lenred said:

The parameters have been set.   Lansdown Jnr clearly said that this squad is the best since he’s been here and that the change has been made as he believes the squad is good enough to compete this season.  It’s there on the record as to why Pearson has gone.  So that’s how he has to be judged.   

Exactly, can't quite believe people are already trying to make excuses for Manning. JL made perfectly clear they expect top six with this squad. So why wouldn't he expect that with Manning? Unless of course he has lied to us again. 

• Like 1

I don't really understand all this yes man bollocks, unless any of you know Manning then you are just chatting shit based on absolutely nothing. The man has no previous connection to the club so owes Lansdown nothing, the man is potentially going from Oxford to Bristol City not ******* Barcelona.

Im as annoyed with Niges sacking as anyone but some people are seriously deluded about our status in the football pyramid. 

• Like 2