IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A lot of Ipswich players aren't actually all that spectacular individually although their results are.

Looking through their side yesterday..

Players such as Woolfenden, Burgess, Morsy, Luongo, Chaplin, Hirst.

On off the bench,  Taylor, Harness, Ladapo.

Not exactly established Championship high end players.

Hladlky, Clarke, Davis, Hutchinson, Broadhead with Tuanzebe off the bench, better but overall are they not overperforming, not just us but a fair chunk of the division.

Their squad is nothing amazing as a whole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season

You say they are overperforming, however they started the season as 5th favourites for the title and are easily the best side we have played at home so far.

I couldn't walk my dog the other day because I had other commitments.

So I gave my dog to a friend to walk. I did so because she is excellent with dogs and has walked him before. 

I wouldn't have given my dog to somebody that 'might' be better than her with dogs, and didn't know my dog. Because they also might be ****ing disastrous with dogs. And even if they weren't, they might still be ****ing disastrous with my dog.

Anyway, I just thought that I would share that story. 

Anybody know who the new kissass head coach is going to be?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Who said that? That is creating an agenda that doesn't even exist.

OK then why are people getting angsty about a new guy benefitting from a reduced injury list?

Dis you not see the MDT where there were many comments about the sudden return of several injured players- like it was a conspiracy?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Hayfield8 said:

Absolutely nothing exciting about a league one yes man. This really feels like LJ 2.0

I hope we don't roll over and take this like all the other, cheap, yes men appointments after being lied to by the Lansdowns at the beginning of the process. But who am I kidding of course we will. 

I do completely understand what you are saying 

But ultimately we have to get behind whoever comes in. 

If things get worse that will be the time to start making noise 

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

So I gave my dog to a friend to walk. I did so because she is excellent with dogs and has walked him before. 

I wouldn't have given my dog to somebody that 'might' be better than her with dogs, and didn't know my dog. Because they also might be ****ing disastrous with dogs. And even if they weren't, they might still be ****ing disastrous with my dog.

@W-S-M Seagull You are welcome. 😂

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Someone needs to get some sleep! 

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

OK then why are people getting angsty about a new guy benefitting from a reduced injury list?

Dis you not see the MDT where there were many comments about the sudden return of several injured players- like it was a conspiracy?

Some people are still disappointed at the way Nige was canned and will be for a while yet I suspect. That is more aimed at the Upstairs Mob than the new Manager I would suggest. If Liam Manning comes in and wins ten in a row then brilliant, if he comes in and earns 1.5 points per game most will be happy, but it doesn't change how many people feel Nige was treated. I'm sure the majority of fans will cut the guy enough slack and not expect him to deliver the promotion that Lansdown and Tinnion seem to think is almost mandatory with our squad.....however I think those two might well be in the firing line when we come up short this season.....and to be honest, deservedly so too.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sigh.

Perspective- you, it, they are polarised.

Perspective - you need to put the 'sigh' in asterisks, otherwise you are just saying 'sigh', rather than sighing. 

You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Someone needs to get some sleep! 

Yeah. My dog. 

He's knackered.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes agreed. & hopefully if we do see improvement then you'll give them credit for making a good call & hope to see further progress next season, when he has had a pre-season & summer transfer window to implement some of his own ideas. 

Bar BS3 I truly love your optimism and some would say naivety. Given the restrictions he was under NP could do no better and I think worked wonders doing what he did. You assume the new manager will be given money in the transfer window and subsequently not quite sure what he will be able to achieve in the pre-season. Cut to the chase pal we all love the club it means a hell of a lot to us but this bollox is not doing us any good. I fully expect us to bring in some failed journey man manager or lower league non-entity next week and we will be in a relegation battle. It would be so much better if you acknowledged the shit show going on down the gate and accepted that nothing will change until the Lansdowns move on. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

24 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It's had more funding on it than ours hasn't it? I don't see 17 year olds in their line up or a bench with two goalkeepers and four players yet to make a first team debut?

I agree yes but at the same time, players such as Morsy, Luongo, we wouldn't be excited. Hirst to some degree, a lot of them we wouldn't habe been excited about individually. Most of them aren't top end Championship players- they have more depth without doubt but a lot of that squad isn't all that special.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

You say they are overperforming, however they started the season as 5th favourites for the title and are easily the best side we have played at home so far.

I restate my case, individually etc come on.

When did a midfield containing Luongo and Morsy become high end.

They are greater than the sum of their parts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I agree yes but at the same time, players such as Morsy, Luongo, we wouldn't be excited. Hirst to some degree, a lot of them we wouldn't habe been excited about individually. Most of them aren't top end Championship players- they have more depth without doubt but a lot of that squad isn't all that special.

Sounds a bit like us in our playoff season under GJ.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Which I think shows you what a good manager/head coach can do. We aren’t near as organised or well drilled as they are with possibly a better first XI on paper(fees, experience, reputation) but they are flying and we are mid table with no performances really worth mentioning. Even earlier when we had more players available

Like some others have said. 

Il be judging this season on Lansdown and Tinnion. 

It was stated we sacked Pearson to give us the best chance of promotion, and the sound bites of our squad is good enough. 

So that's what I'll judge them on. 

If we fail, and if we fail hard, I'd expect a re evaluation of our goals and potential re evaluation of certain peoples remits. 

I am not too comfortable with the amount of say and influence Tinnion has with the first team. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Someone is on a wind up surely?

Not sure anymore mate - I love my club but I’ve never known such a dumb, low information, apathetic bunch than our fellow City fans. It always used to wind me up when they said Geordies & Scousers know their football like it was some sort of cliche but my God they are right. Can’t believe after the last few weeks events certain fans believe that a new manager will make the slightest bit of difference. 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes I do - that's why the timing was odd.

But perhaps that was deemed as being down to NP & his team - I don't know.

Let's face it - we have been utterly underwhelming, especially at home, throughout his tenure.

Last season even more so, when the division was there for the taking & we were generally piss poor. 

Yes, we’ve gerally been pretty underwhelming at home and I’d hoped for better.  

The whole point is, we were a total mess when Pearson arrived and I just see him as being pragmatic.  I think he looked at the pecentages and played a style that gave him the best chace of a result with the type of players he had available.  

If you don’t have, or can’t afford players with silky skills and flair, then you just have to work with what you have.  That’s why I suspect he wanted to build round Alex Scott and why he was clearly pissed off when he was sold, particularly as he was then refused the chance to try and buy a replacement.

I don’t believe the football would have stayed like this if NP hadn’t been deprived of do many of his squad through injury and been rewarded with some financial backing, after all the savings made under his tenure.

Whatever happens, I certainly won’t be overlooking the possibility that any improvements brought about by players returning from injury over the coming weeks could equally have brought an upturn in results and performances under NP.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Which I think shows you what a good manager/head coach can do. We aren’t near as organised or well drilled as they are with possibly a better first XI on paper(fees, experience, reputation) but they are flying and we are mid table with no performances really worth mentioning. Even earlier when we had more players available

I mean they've had very few injuries. Trade injury lists with us, they have a bit of a deeper squad too but they're outperforming everyone but Leicester, let alone resources wise.

We have had multiple players our every game this season, sometimes double figures.

6 minutes ago, Iron Acton Red said:

I’m just wondering if they’ll run out of steam soon. I can see Leeds and Southampton catching them soon.

Think they might. They have lots of tough away games between now and May..in no particular order.

Leicester, Leeds, Preston, Millwall, Hull, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, Stoke, Coventry. Could argue Rotherham, Plymouth, Blackburn on their day.

The tougher phases are absolutely to come. Championship being the Championship you can easily trip up in some or all of those games. Even Leicester could trip up in some of those.

Mid winter, finally getting a share of injuries- 3 fixtures in a week it can easily turn.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Bit I don’t understand is. If what Manning says last night no contact, then last night we would have had to negotiate a buy out figure for him, him to then agree to sign for us all before last nights rumours that an announcement was tomorrow. 
Timing don’t seem right. 
I know he may have been lying, but someone would have leaked it by now. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Bit I don’t understand is. If what Manning says last night no contact, then today we would have had to negotiate a buy out figure for him, him to then agree to sign for us all before last nights rumours that an announcement was tomorrow. 
Timing don’t seem right. 
I know he may have been lying, but someone would have leaked it by now. 

There's bound to be a few ITK posters on the Oxford forum!!!!

25 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Other than Benarous, NP had most of them available most of the time. Every club gets injuries.

What is the problem about a new man in charge benefitting from a fitter squad that is such a problem with so many on here?

Surely,it would be brilliant? 

It's almost as if there are some that don't want to see a new guy succeed at the expense of Nige.....that loyalty to Nige is more important than loyalty to the club which we support.

When Leicester won the League- they didn't have a wake or post mortem because Nige had put the building blocks in place and then been sacked only for another guy to benefit. No- they appreciated everything Nige did and he remains a much appreciated favourite. Hopefully the same will happen at BCFC.

Who’s got a problem with the new coach having fitter players, I certainly haven’t!

The whole point I’m making is, Pearson would also have enjoyed those same benefits, but wasn’t given that opportunity.  Don’t forget, this was supposed to be his first proper season with his own squad, but it’s been ravaged by injuries.

We’ll now probably be heading into the unknown again, with the new HC inheriting someone else’s squad, so would you bet against yet another rebuild looming??

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Bar BS3 I truly love your optimism and some would say naivety. Given the restrictions he was under NP could do no better and I think worked wonders doing what he did. You assume the new manager will be given money in the transfer window and subsequently not quite sure what he will be able to achieve in the pre-season. Cut to the chase pal we all love the club it means a hell of a lot to us but this bollox is not doing us any good. I fully expect us to bring in some failed journey man manager or lower league non-entity next week and we will be in a relegation battle. It would be so much better if you acknowledged the shit show going on down the gate and accepted that nothing will change until the Lansdowns move on. 

Top post and I (obviously) wholeheartedly agree with you. 

To be fair to BarBS3, he doesn't have to acknowledge anything that he doesn't feel inclined to.

But we are right. 😉