IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

• Admin
1 minute ago, Homer Simpson said:

Just catching up with this. Manning said Saturday that there had been no contact. Bristol Live said there had been contact this morning. So 8 days before he was contacted, how far down the list was he? How many turned us down before? Obviously not first choice.

Don't take any of that as fact 

Nothing more than paper talk 

3 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Just catching up with this. Manning said Saturday that there had been no contact. Bristol Live said there had been contact this morning. So 8 days before he was contacted, how far down the list was he? How many turned us down before? Obviously not first choice.

There will be days and days of negotiation through agents. Manning will say there’s no contact, because technically there hasn’t been….the contact is through third parties. 

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I've already got mates texting me 'who the f@ck is Liam Manning'. My reply is 'exactly'.

Who gives a ****?

Had you ever heard of: Scott Murray? Albert Adomah? Alex Scott?

Had you ever heard of Eddie Howe before he was appointed the first time at Bournemouth? Have you ever heard of Keiran Mckenna before he took Ipswich job.

But we had heard of big names such as, Marcus Stewart, David James, Michael Bridges... Those went well...

• Like 9
  • Flames 4

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

We all know ££ is suddenly going to be found down the back of a sofa 

Oh right. So the hierarchy won't trust a proven, experienced Manager but will trust a nobody with hardly any senior management experience and no Championship experience with cash to spend.

City are turning in to a footy version of The Office. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

We could have said the same thing about Gary Johnson. And what about Ipswich fans when Kieran McKenna was appointed. Kieran who? 

And Dean Holden & that was ******* amazing.

Keith Millen, Sean O’Driscoll, Derek McInnes..

• Like 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, cityred2000 said:

Didn't want Nige to leave, but actually pretty happy with this appt.

Only 38, fresh ideas, seems to have a v good track record with developing youth. I've been quite a big critic of Jon, but at least he's stuck to his initial statement of getting in a progressive coach that likes to play front footed football, even if it may not be the most 'impressive' appointment out there, which he seemingly also did say

Does this not concern you? 

Out of interest which youth players has he developed in his short managerial career? 

JL also said we expect a top 6 finish 

IMG-20231106-WA0009.jpg

Good luck to him. It's not his fault he's been offered the job and accepted it (if he has). I will reserve judgment until I see what happens on the pitch over the next season or two and how much budget he is given compared to the man he is taking over from.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I'm not so sure. I don't think we have the right infrastructure in place to support a young coach.

Feels very, very much like when Derek McInnes came in - young, progressive, doing well with a small club. They have very similar experience in terms of numbers of games managed and win percentages. Frankly, not the type the club needs, the club can support and think this will go the same way to be honest. 

Indeed, it is wash, rinse, repeat. The Lansdown dream of finding a new young, unproven manager. It has failed every single time, only for more experienced and competent heads to create a team ethic and club culture and drap them back from collapse. it is as if every time he nears a sniff of success, he can forget everything that created it and return to type. Good luck to this chap, never heard of him, but he has two useless support pillars in Tinnion and Lansdown. That is the issue at BCFC. But they get their yes man who they can manipulate, more in their comfort zone. Bless. 

Bit of pressure having to get a promotion this season though. That was a tough burden to give an unproven young manager. But the 2 really under the spotlight are the Snake and Crayola. 

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Just now, supercidered said:

Oh right. So the hierarchy won't trust a proven, experienced Manager but will trust a nobody with hardly any senior management experience and no Championship experience with cash to spend.

Nige get your head down mate it's over 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

• Admin
20 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Don't mistake me for agreeing with this 

In hindsight they've been planning for a future without NP, it's now clear this is why no money was made available after Scott was sold 

My only query is if there was no long term backing why didn't NP get the boot last summer? 

It makes us feel even more like a rich man's toy 

• Like 2