IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

16 minutes ago, supercidered said:

It's a crap appointment. All week OTIB has gone in to meltdown about NP and rightly so. Then just a few days later City fans are lapping it up that we've landed Manning as the replacement for NP. It's embarrassing.

Absolutely, I said people would roll over and accept the Lansdowns' meddling once again, like with Millen, LJ and Holden to name a few. At some point we as fans have to take a stand against those running the club. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Disappointing to lose Nige and replace him with someone with no experience at this level, I will support him / the team, do not know enough about him and his style so difficult to have an informed opinion if he will be a good fit. 

It appears he failed as a footballer, so has not played the game at any high level, always think its easier for a coach that has been there and done it to get the respect of experienced players, particularly when results are bad as they start to question the plan. Always thought this was GJ problem and to a degree LJ's.

Hope it works out, but not filled with excitement or hope.

He's taking over a steady ship I'd say so that's in his favour, as normally you are staring relegation in the face.

He will be given money I'm sure as SL was clearly saving the cash for the new man.

His record at the last 3 clubs is pretty consistent, 48% win ratio which is better than NP's so IF he keeps that going he will do well.

His job is different to NP's when he came in so there can be no excuses.

Id never heard of him before, but prepared to back him.

• Like 1

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Exciting times

Liam's worked at Westham Redbull New York, managed Lommel , Oxford and MK Dons.

Plays high press, brings on youth players and has a very good win percentage.

Absolutely fits the description given last week.

Not seeing downsides 

Hopefully will use that wealth of Championship experience and rocket us up the table 

2 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

It seems a little unusual to leave a team in 2nd place with a good chance of getting promotion.  It would be a nice addition to his CV to gain a promotion with Oxford.

My flatmate is an Oxford fan and this is his line of thought.

"I can't understand why you'd leave a promotion chase for a team that will probably finish 15th in the championship for the 10th year in a row"

The money we're offering must be good.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

The only way the Lansdowns can get the fans back on side is to throw money into the transfer kitty and get in some marque signings in Jan

Problem is, marquee signings tend not to available in January.

Although…..I’ve heard there will be one available, going cheap, in North Bristol - current owners are replacing it with some meccano. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Does this not concern you? 

Out of interest which youth players has he developed in his short managerial career? 

JL also said we expect a top 6 finish 

IMG-20231106-WA0009.jpg

Sub standard playing career doesn’t always mean his managerial career is going to play out the same

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, cityred2000 said:

You aren't including his playing career, are you?!

When did I credit him for Declan Rice? You asked what players he'd helped to develop and I gave you one...

Experience comes from playing and managing, he's not got either of any note 

Declan Rice... So you said he helped develope him?? 

I'd have thought the West Ham coaches may disagree, we know how much an U23s manager gets involved 

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Exciting times

Liam's worked at Westham Redbull New York, managed Lommel , Oxford and MK Dons.

Plays high press, brings on youth players and has a very good win percentage.

Absolutely fits the description given last week.

Not seeing downsides 

I can hardly control my excitement. Look at the teams he’s worked for, very inspiring…not

• Like 1

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s the key for me. It’s not Liam Mannings fault he is coming here for a pay rise, further his career and is probably being promised funds to spend. I will judge his performance fairly and if he achieves what I would expect with what he has available then no complaints are on him. If that achievement doesn’t match the Upstairs Mob then that’s on them now, not Manning who is only in the firing line if he turns us from being as bang average as you can get into a relegation battle.

As an Alma Mater of CFG, he may be trusted with some of Citeh’s starlets at a “promotion chasing” Championship club on loan?

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

The only way the Lansdowns can get the fans back on side is to throw money into the transfer kitty and get in some marque signings in Jan

I dont think they give a flying **** about getting us onside but they will undoubtedly give him cash as they will not want him to fail.   Rinse and repeat……

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, TV Tom said:

So you don't have a name then

I was intrigued by the recently available Svensson from Mainz. Still of Reims too, Evatt like Gary Johnson had recent promotions at Barrow and Bolton and I read on here he presses high.

Hassenhuttl would have been unrealistic of course, perhaps Svensson and Still too.

Any of them. Otherwise if you don't upgrade you may as well stick with the incumbent and increase the backing.