IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

35 minutes ago, WorldWideRed said:

Who are you hiring then out of interest? No premier league managers that can beat premier League teams would come to us. The championship quality managers that have, with mixed success, beaten championship teams are quite uninspiring. At least here we are getting a forward thinking, yes untested, but attacking manager.

I wouldn't have sacked Pearson, I hear he is out of the job, ticks all the boxes for me so would hire him!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

is there a minimum number required to post then? 

Obviously not but since Nige was sacked a lot of new members are posting, some of which are stupid enough to put their names which can be linked to Bristol Sport and some actually use a BS email address.

So sorry but any new member that blindly follows the BS line gets short shift from me.

Very Kremlin like....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Why is it accurate? Accurate to support your opinion maybe. But accurate? It is as one-sided as you want to make it, much like some of the other stuff. But as you will then know, if the real truth came out, then the story would be quite different.

You do seem to have come alive Sandhurst Red. Got your tank out. 

I'm just going off what I've been told, not meaning to stir or cause issues. 

As ever, two sides to every story but relationships were strained for time behind the scenes, that there is no denying or conjecture.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Are they With the advantage of coming up with the side they built.

And for every example there is the equivalent Barnsley that had Lee Johnson.

What is the paradigm appointment time that doesn’t have the similar hit/miss rate you describe? Internal appointment? Foreign manager? Experienced hand? Someone that has won something? 

Every appointment type you can point to will have hits a misses. 

My argument is that just saying good league one managers is what good league one teams have is facile. 

33 minutes ago, One Team said:

Sound of the City might be worth a listen tonight.

Opening 30 mins were good.  Ellie Jones and Mike Jones giving a good balanced view imho.

12 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Oxford have just tweeted this:

But Chris Hogg took the media rounds earlier today.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Opening 30 mins were good.  Ellie Jones and Mike Jones giving a good balanced view imho.

But Chris Hogg took the media rounds earlier today.

Who was extremely deflective about everything, wouldn’t really answer any questions about the rumours, openly said he felt awkward, and also said he couldn’t imagine working with anyone else other than Manning. 

If I was an Oxford fan, I’d feel extremely resigned to the official news of it very soon after hearing that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

Uninspired. 

I just can't get to grasps the reasoning to sack Pearson to employ a head coach from Oxford. 

So. Judging this season and the appointment fully on the Lansdowns and Tinnion. 

Top 6 it is. Team is good enough. Now we supposedly have a "coach" that will do what the experienced manager couldn't. 

The football was dire, the goals for column is a clue. if we consider football has to be entertaining then he was a fail, scrapping 1-0 wins is OK but not exactly something I can see us turning around under Pearson. What does concern me is is the future of Curtis Fleming in all this, he has it seems the low down on the players and for me I want him to stay, love the guy he is very media savvy unlike Nigel which for me was a hard watch when he was fronting. 

The media role is important and should not be dismissed as a chore which it was obviously for Nigel. 

Hopefully there will be a lot of humble pie consuming on here come May.

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

All the bullshit bingo he speaks.

He doesn’t though. They just spoke to a bbc Oxford reporter on sound of the city that said . He does his talking on the pitch & doesn’t really like doing interviews but is a straight talker. 
im as pissed off as anyone about nige getting sacked but we got to move on & judge this bloke on his merits . Give him time to implement his style. 
As for loads saying they’re underwhelmed , we’ll I understand but who were people expecting ? Talk of lampard was bollocks . It would of been a media circus every week & let's be honest, he’s done bugger all . No more than manning has. 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

What is the paradigm appointment time that doesn’t have the similar hit/miss rate you describe? Internal appointment? Foreign manager? Experienced hand? Someone that has won something? 

Every appointment type you can point to will have hits a misses. 

My argument is that just saying good league one managers is what good league one teams have is facile. 

Fair enough. I'm looking for someone who knows how to get promoted out of this league, you sound like you are happy with someone who has a history of being competitive in league 1.

Everyone will be hit and miss, I agree, I would just prefer someone who has had a hit at the thing we are stating as a minimum requirement (getting promoted).

4 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Promotion wasn't even in their minds when they appointed Rowett.

They were more focused on not being relegated.

So not our stated goals then.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He doesn’t though. They just spoke to a bbc Oxford reporter on sound of the city that said . He does his talking on the pitch & doesn’t really like doing interviews but is a straight talker. 
im as pissed off as anyone about nige getting sacked but we got to move on & judge this bloke on his merits . Give him time to implement his style. 
As for loads saying they’re underwhelmed , we’ll I understand but who were people expecting ? Talk of lampard was bollocks . It would of been a media circus every week & let's be honest, he’s done bugger all . No more than manning has. 

And what are his merits? He's achieved the square root of **** all in the game. 

This guy doesn't get 2 years to implement his style. He has to hit thr ground running or the place will be toxic. He has to very quickly show why he is the right man for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Hopefully there will be a lot of humble pie consuming on here come May.

As we'll be promoted (based on the Lansdowns' stated rationale for getting rid of Pearson), genuine City fans will be delighted to eat humble pie if the Lansdowns are proved to be right.

I'll have double helpings, thanks.

But, will the Lansdowns (and their followers) do the same if/when this change of manager goes pear-shaped?

I don't think so.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Fair enough. I'm looking for someone who knows how to get promoted out of this league, you sound like you are happy with someone who has a history of being competitive in league 1.

Everyone will be hit and miss, I agree, I would just prefer someone who has had a hit at the thing we are stating as a minimum requirement (getting promoted).

So not our stated goals then.

So you're ignoring the point being made then

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Screenshot_20231106_184318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can see a few of their fans are starting to feel a bit bitter about the situation, can’t blame them i guess as this could more than likely derail their promotion campaign.

At the end of the day he makes some valid points and we have been underwhelming since our return to the Championship but something has to give IMO and maybe Manning with the right financial backing (which i think he will get) can be the man to take us to the next level.

Nothing against Oxford but for a club that hasn’t played in the second tier in almost 26 years and that have spent a fair chunk of that time in the basement and non-league as i said it just seems pretty pointless and bitter to suggest that coming to us isn’t a good move for Manning.

• Like 2