IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

This could be a very exciting appointment.

The vast majority of successful teams dominate posession and press high and that will be his remit.

I think Nige did some good things during his time but i never felt that the style of football was evolving. We very rarely controlled games with the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

Imagine your chairman using abbreviating another team to City.

He didn't.

He used the name of the group that Manning was employed by before.

They are called the City Football Group 

https://www.cityfootballgroup.com/

There's enough genuine criticisms that can be made without inventing ones to add on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Back him people. He didn't sack Nige. And he left a club that clearly pressed him to stay, to come be here with us. So not exactly a bloody 'yes man'.

Take frustrations out on the Lansdown's, not a coach with a good record here to take us forward.

Welcome Liam, let's ******* do this.

Absolutely this,

Congratulations and good luck Liam- we move on.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

Shit. I thought I’d finally pinned something on that family!

Why not be absolutely furious that we failed to register a company with that name before Manchester City and that we've not done everything in our power to buy the company name from them?

Or be angry that we've not actually used the full proper name of Man City's company "City Football Group". So we've not even got that right.

There's sticks to hit them with if you look hard enough.

Edited by ExiledAjax

8 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

And for people that don't believe in X (the platform previously known as Twitter)...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/liam-manning-appointed-bristol-city-head-coach/

Liam Manning appointed Bristol City Head Coach
07 November 2023

Bristol City have appointed Liam Manning as Head Coach on a three-and-half-year contract until June 2027.

Manning joins from Oxford United along with Chris Hogg, who will become Assistant Head Coach.

Bristol City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “Liam is a great fit for the club and the style of play we want. He has a very detailed approach to coaching, improving players and getting the best out of them as his record at MK Dons and Oxford United shows, while he has valuable experience within the (Manchester) City Group and in Belgium.

“As soon as we made the change Liam was our first choice and we are grateful to Oxford United for the extremely professional way they have approached the departure of someone who was doing a fantastic job for them.

“We are excited about the arrival of Liam and Chris and fulfilling the ambition we all have for the club with this talented and committed group of players.”    

Manning said: “This is a terrific opportunity and one that I’m really looking forward to. If you look at the vision of the club and where they want to get to and how they want to get there I think there is really good fit and alignment with my journey and where I want to get to.

“We are custodians and you have to respect and understand the past and the culture of the area that you’ve moved and leave the club in a better state than we found it.

“We’ll be doing our upmost in terms of the day to day in putting really strong processes in place, getting emotionally invested in what we do and having that passion, that drive, that hunger to improve everything.”

Manning is excited about working with the group of players he met for the first time today, saying: “You want players that you can coach and are mouldable and on an upward trajectory in their career. I think that brings certain behaviours in terms of drive, intensity and ambition which align with how we want to work.”

F@ck me I could have pretty much written that 8 days ago and just inserted the names today. Soooo predictable.

11 minutes ago, asfred said:

I bumped into him as he was leaving the car park earlier. Had a bit of a chat and seems a nice chap, very articulate, and genuinely excited about the job. Didn't ask about back room staff. He asked if I could hold back on posting for a couple of hours, which I was happy to do. Oh, and was happy for me to take his pic (for proof, and all).

20231107_134415.jpg

Well done you….nice bit of integrity 👍🏻

Stalker! 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Please tell me he hasn't got a 3.5 year contract?

Why not?  Payoff terms if he gets sacked don’t have to be “remainder of contract”.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

The last one from them got us into this mess 

Ipswich fans seem to love him though.

Possibly he is on a tighter leash there, the churn of players seems markedly less than it was here. Perhaps McKenna himself is less impatient than Lee Johnson who knows. Maybe things will start to unravel if they don't go up this year in the sense of a constant turnover of players etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Stalker! 🤣🤣🤣

Why not?  Payoff terms if he gets sacked don’t have to be “remainder of contract”.

So it’s possible we don’t have pay off 3 years if end of season we don’t get promoted?

Because that’s what our chairman has stated right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stalker! 🤣🤣🤣

Integrity is a key part of my profession, so it is definitely inbuilt.

Also, I was actually out for a dog walk. Perfect timing if you like.

Edited by asfred
  • Flames 2