IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

10 minutes ago, Cristored said:

Why they tried to blame the results part is beyond me, stupid. 

For the avoidance of doubt since you called me foolish for believing them I didn't believe a word they said.

But unless they admit they lied their statements are out there and they will be judged on them. Though if things go wrong they will avoid responsibility and let Manning take the heat of course.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I don't think it's obvious. Genuinely- please explain his record this season?

For the (my)record: win or lose what impressed me this season is that the team played for each other and fought to the end and win or lose, were imo, fit to wear the shirt. Trouble being that I genuinely think that Nige had reached the end of the road and  was on his way out- one way or another. His health issues tipped the balance both for him and BCFC.

Bizarrely what you have written is why I think we were not at the end of the road. The players running through brick walls was a continued improvement on last season. That sort of ethic is what helps a team to out perform their ability.

Will that ethic continue under Manning? We'll have to see. 

Came across pretty good to me. 

Anyone that thinks were getting top 6 this season or Lansdown,Tinnion believe that are in cloud cuckoo land.

Unless it's a total disaster the man's here next season.

The year MK got to the play offs i can remember their last league game that season. Away to Plymouth with Argyle needing to win to make the play offs.

MK won 6/0 or 6/1 at Home Park with a master class of football.

If  Manning can bring that style of football to Ashton Gate that would be something to look forward to.

13 minutes ago, bristol red said:

We need a pacy strong CF. A creative midfielder and a CB who can play out from the back… then we might stand a chance!

Dickie, Vyner, Naismith and Atkinson can all play out from the back.

Agree about a creative midfielder though.

• Like 1

Ok, so I quite liked how he spoke in the press conference. The proof is in the pudding however....

My issue was never going to be with the head coach that comes in though and always with the structure above. 

I look forward to watching us play, seeing how he changes things, and hopefully brings in entertaining/successful times. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

and most with the word Red in their username.

That's the clue, isn't it.

For instance, none of these c.u.n.t.s. know who Geoff Merrick is so don't have the wherewithal to invent a suitable username. Instead they have to use Red this and Red that, Unclethis and Unclec.u.n.t.that.

After the game on Saturday, leaving the Grandstand, we bumped into the man himself. Blew him a kiss. Made my day. What a man.

Captain, my Captain!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:
Derby County 27 May 2016 8 October 2016 14 3 5 6 21.43 [83][108]
OH Leuven 22 September 2017 3 February 2019 56 18 15 23 32.14 [110]
Watford 6 December 2019 19 July 2020 22 7 5 10 31.82 [108][failed verification]
Bristol City 24 February 2021 29 October 2023 131 42 32 57 32.0

And I will gain some negativity if, at the very least, he has the same record as Nige since 2016 but, of course, Liam won't last a full season here if he doesn't improve results and ends up with the same track record as NP..

What is it with you that you seem to think that NP won the world club championship with us??? It's like an obsession.

He did a solid job, he addressed some major issues but was sacked with us in a worse League position than Johnson and Holden. But that hides the good things he did yet exposes the bad.

Mann up.

Your acting like he had the same transfer funds as johnson 🙄 the whole reason everyone loved pearson was because of the job he did with no funds... his win record means nothing if hes not backed.

• Like 12

Just now, prankerd said:

Your acting like he had the same transfer funds as johnson 🙄 the whole reason everyone loved pearson was because of the job he did with no funds... his win record means nothing if hes not backed.

Who mentioned Johnson other than you?

The discussion was about about Manning's and NP's record not spending.

The old LJ chat just indicates you need to move on from that . Oh, and by the way - how's the worst person in BCFC history getting on at Ipswich?

23 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Who mentioned Johnson other than you?

The discussion was about about Manning's and NP's record not spending.

The old LJ chat just indicates you need to move on from that . Oh, and by the way - how's the worst person in BCFC history getting on at Ipswich?

Will the wage budget be getting kept fairly static save for say TV money rises, and only 1/5 to 1/3 of fees gained be reinvested in much like NP..Still working on the 4 seasons and the overall.

We didn't reinvest 100% but pushing towards it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I find it genuinely weird how some people are acting. Yes - it wasn’t great how ‘Nige’ was treated, but the cold harsh reality is the football was bang average and the results the same 

Anyone would think we had just let the messiah go 

People have been brainwashed 

I don’t think it’s about that. It doesn’t have to be the Messiah to recognise when a manager is poorly treated.  It’s the principle in the way the sacking came about and their reasons for the sacking etc. 

Don’t think I’ve read any comment saying NP was perfect or even getting the results we wanted, but it seemed reasonable to allow him the time of his contract to see what he could have now done, especially with the returning players. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

They didn’t like the way NP questioned things clearly. Yes person mode definitely in place already. 

If you had listened to his presser, you will see that a young manager with that much drive, ambition and knowledge will never be a 'yes' man to anyone or allow anyone to divert him from the path he is on. 

He was really impressive and so articulate. 

He knows where he is heading and nothing is going to get in his way, and we could be on that journey with him.

• Haha 2