IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

9 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I don’t think it’s about that. It doesn’t have to be the Messiah to recognise when a manager is poorly treated.  It’s the principle in the way the sacking came about and their reasons for the sacking etc. 

Don’t think I’ve read any comment saying NP was perfect or even getting the results we wanted, but it seemed reasonable to allow him the time of his contract to see what he could have now done, especially with the returning players. 

Spot on.

Its usually a “lazy” context-lacking retort at someone who thinks Nige has done a decent job because they can’t accept THERE IS CONTEXT.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on.

Its usually a “lazy” context-lacking retort at someone who thinks Nige has done a decent job because they can’t accept THERE IS CONTEXT.

Indeed. Nigel Love Fest the Cult of Nige etc etc. 

I don’t know why it’s so difficult to understand someone’s perspective of fair play, without it being described as such. As you say “lazy”!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I make that my 23rd appointed full time, not caretaker/interim manager as an attending City fan.

If you started supporting City between Oct 1967 and September 1980 you’ll have the same number as me, such was the longevity of Alan Dicks.

The first man on that list took us to the top, good luck Liam, here’s hoping you become the next. 

I haven’t actually counted them, although I am sure you are correct, but I’ve got one more than you, having watched Fred Ford manage City in John Atyeo’s final season.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

If you had listened to his presser, you will see that a young manager with that much drive, ambition and knowledge will never be a 'yes' man to anyone or allow anyone to divert him from the path he is on. 

He was really impressive and so articulate. 

He knows where he is heading and nothing is going to get in his way, and we could be on that journey with him.

This is his biggest opportunity to do something in his management career so far, Decent championship side with good fan base I think a good squad with a few additions in Jan he must be over the moon to have this chance I am quietly excited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

If you had listened to his presser, you will see that a young manager with that much drive, ambition and knowledge will never be a 'yes' man to anyone or allow anyone to divert him from the path he is on. 

He was really impressive and so articulate. 

He knows where he is heading and nothing is going to get in his way, and we could be on that journey with him.

Really? Another brainwashed individual… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will the wage budget be getting kept fairly static save for say TV money rises, and only 1/5 to 1/3 of fees gained be reinvested in much like NP..Still working on the 4 seasons and the overall.

We didn't reinvest 100% but pushing towards it.

But that wasn't the conversation- you just created it. It wasn't about how much LJ spent v LM- it was about track records. Check the exchange- if you want to discuss LJ's spending v LJ then just repost one of your previous. LM has spent nothing yet and I was discussing Liam.

26 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Time you let it go .Getting as bad as fans craving Pearson coming back.

Unless you really enjoy these petty spats?

Really? So if someone is 100% negative regarding the club, the owners and the new Coach - I should let it go? Nope- ain't gonna happen but , hey, get yourself a few likes.

NP has gone. Get over it/yourself and welcome Liam Manning.

On 06/11/2023 at 13:54, supercidered said:

I wouldn't. No.

Having listened to Manning’s interviews, are you still devoid of optimism, feeling just a bit excited, maybe a little intrigued?

I thought he’s come across well, showed good insight across multiple dynamics, yet without LJ’s bull and smugness.

Of course, proof of pudding will be on the pitch. Still a massive gamble of course, but might work.

• Like 2

Just now, Scrumpty said:

Having listened to Manning’s interviews, are you still devoid of optimism, feeling just a bit excited, maybe a little intrigued?

I thought he’s come across well, showed good insight across multiple dynamics, yet without LJ’s bull and smugness.

Of course, proof of pudding will be on the pitch. Still a massive gamble of course, but might work.

With the poison on here if we lose Saturday he will get pelters , but in reality not down to him anymore than if we win 3-0 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on.

Agreed, and I don't think many think he didn't do at worst a decent job, but there are a few (probably about a balance of the "new" people that seem to have appeared) that are going completely the other way, you cannot for example go around pointing out a gazillion times that Manning got sacked from MK dons so must be shit while at the same time saying Nige was the best thing since sliced bread, you can't I gore context in one area while preaching it in another. 

If anyone does not have doubts that we have made the right decision to get rid of Nige (irrespective of the bloody dreadful way it was done) is mental, but equally anyone who didn't have doubts that Nige could kick on is equally as blinkered. 

• Like 4

If Manning does the incredible by gaining us promotion after hefty injection of cash in January, then I fear this could be Cotts all over again, ie promotion and then no backing, despair from Manning, followed by sacking.

Do hope Manning turns out to be the real thing but then he will have to deal with SL and JL, anxious to sell and not anxious to invest in players

The problem with the club is not the manager or head coach, but the Ls and now we find Tinnion too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

But that wasn't the conversation- you just created it. It wasn't about how much LJ spent v LM- it was about track records. Check the exchange- if you want to discuss LJ's spending v LJ then just repost one of your previous. LM has spent nothing yet and I was discussing Liam.

Really? So if someone is 100% negative regarding the club, the owners and the new Coach - I should let it go? Nope- ain't gonna happen but , hey, get yourself a few likes.

NP has gone. Get over it/yourself and welcome Liam Manning.

good god you think i want a few likes? you haven't seen my thoughts on Manning.

Carry on mate pretty sure i'v made one comment on Pearson's sacking.

Feel your boots and check it out,you seem to have a history of that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, red colin said:

This is his biggest opportunity to do something in his management career so far, Decent championship side with good fan base I think a good squad with a few additions in Jan he must be over the moon to have this chance I am quietly excited. 

If the squad is already good enough for the top 6 logically we shouldn't need any signings.

In any event we were told we've reached the limit of our wage budget so presumably we can't afford them anyway.

• Like 1

I would describe Manning's first interviews as alright/fine/average.

Nothing to get either excited or concerned about yet. 

What matters is how he talks to the players and if he can get them fit, focused and playing well.

Let's see...

Edited by mozo

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If Manning does the incredible by gaining us promotion after hefty injection of cash in January, then I fear this could be Cotts all over again, ie promotion and then no backing, despair from Manning, followed by sacking.

Do hope Manning turns out to be the real thing but then he will have to deal with SL and JL, anxious to sell and not anxious to invest in players

The problem with the club is not the manager or head coach, but the Ls and now we find Tinnion too

Rarely have you ever been 'we'.

50 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Who mentioned Johnson other than you?

The discussion was about about Manning's and NP's record not spending.

The old LJ chat just indicates you need to move on from that . Oh, and by the way - how's the worst person in BCFC history getting on at Ipswich?

We've gone back to the head coach model. LJ was a HC from League One, same sort of age as LM and had achieved nothing either. 

The comparisons towards the two and more importantly the HC model are valid in my opinion. 

Hard to move on from the pain of that failed project when its possible we are once again going down the same route, dont you think? 

What worries me is that LM and our current squad may not be aligned. Laat summer he demanded from the Oxford board that they allow him to rebuild by bringing in something like 10 players because he didn't think he had the right players to play the way he wanted. 

If LM is happy to work with what he has got and only receive minimal funds then fair play. However if he demands to rebuild then that firmly puts him in the LJ category and it's something I'm deeply worried about. 

22 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Just thinking... can't be many situations where a new manager (head coach) comes in after a sacking with the team 4 points off the play offs.

And for me this is why he needs to hit the ground running. No bullshit about needing new players or time to implement his own processes etc. 

We were 4 points off the play offs with a severely depleted squad. I'm confident that we'd have been in them with a near fully fit squad. 

But Nige has gone now so it's up to LM to deliver a better League position than 4 points off the play offs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Hmmm. Something doesn’t feel right looking at that, the assistant coach, hmmm, seeing Tinnion lurking. Can’t help but think we have  lost 4 great people, you can feel it when you see the players body language. Wonder what King was thinking. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

Hmmm. Something doesn’t feel right looking at that, the assistant coach, hmmm, seeing Tinnion lurking. Can’t help but think send lost 4 great people, you can feel it when you see the players body language. Wonder what King was thinking. 

Yeah i didn't get a good vibe watching it either, maybe we are looking into it too much..

• Like 1

Just now, Bris Red said:

Impossible to know what the older heads in that room are thinking. Will still be a huge amount of loyalty and respect for Pearson, you just hope the players take to Mannings methods fairly quickly..

Exactly… huge huge gamble… and I don’t blame LM for accepting the challenge but another set up to fail I fear