IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

Just now, Spud21 said:

What they all registered at the exact same time did they? And there is no other explanation other than it must be some kind of Bristol sport operation, and not maybe one or 2 were already here and pointed out to their colleagues the absolute state of the place over the last few weeks and they have then registered? 

This forum has not had the kind of influence that would even necessitate a second look from BS for more than a decade. 

There was a time when maybe it would make sense to a degree, back when Jon and Steve and others were to varying degrees active on here, but it's been basically a shouting match of Twitter proportions in the main for a very long time. 

Look the accounts started registering on the Saturday night before NP was sacked on the Sunday. They were all anti NP posts and were proved to be from BS employees. 

So whether you think BS don't take any notice of the forum or not, they quite obviously do.

I wasn't particularly NP must stay, but this was very underhand and leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Anyway everybody now needs to be 100% behind LM.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

For sure. Any time OTIB comes up in conversation in the pub pre match, it’s usually described as a mental asylum 😂

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you're here on the inside with the rest of us.

Don't worry, it's safe in here.

So long as you can answer this question.

How many bananas are there in a bunch of grapes?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm in Ward 4B and would love some visitors

On my way, once I get out of this straitjacket.

I told the orderlies they tied it too tight, just like they did with poor Nigel.

Should I invite Count Dracula to join us, or just bring the Wizard of Oz as usual?

Only asking because you mentioned something about becoming a blood donor.

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Out of interest, what arbitrary figure do you put on "the Bristol City fan base"?

And fwiw, the reason you rarely find thoughts and feelings on here are related to fans outside is because the vast majority of football fans - everywhere- are not the brightest, not the most intellectually inquisitive. They're mostly simple, easily pleased folk.

Ask a good sized sample of people sat around you at the next home game about xG, FFP or whether they'd ever heard of Liam Manning. I'm willing to bet you'll be met with ignorance or apathy.

Unlike here. So I know which camp I'd rather be in.  Let's hear it for OTIB, I say, rather than dismissing it as irrelevant.

I do not have an "arbitrary" figure on the Bristol Fan Base, in fact 1% is very generous. Even if there 200 "regular posters", 1% that would equate to 20,000 - its much less than 1%!

The 2nd paragraph ("vast majority of football fans - everywhere- are not the brightest, not the most intellectually inquisitive. They're mostly simple, easily pleased folk."  was a very generic and sweeping statement, and could be deemed a little offensive.

I am a huge fan of OTIB, the quality of the set up, the MOD's and some of contributors are fantastic genuine and intelligent people, some of which I agree with on a majority of subjects, some I do not and likely never will. I never dismissed it as irrelevant, its just a tiny proportion of the Bristol City Fan base.

18 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you're here on the inside with the rest of us.

Don't worry, it's safe in here.

So long as you can answer this question.

How many bananas are there in a bunch of grapes?

Mornington Crescent

6 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Look the accounts started registering on the Saturday night before NP was sacked on the Sunday. They were all anti NP posts and were proved to be from BS employees. 

So whether you think BS don't take any notice of the forum or not, they quite obviously do.

I wasn't particularly NP must stay, but this was very underhand and leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Anyway everybody now needs to be 100% behind LM.

I have seen almost no (would say 0 but sure there has been one) anti Nige post on here. I've seen people saying he didn't do a great job and have no beef with him being sacked but I wouldn't call that anti Nige, I haven't seen anyone who has been positively happy with him being sacked (Happy to be proven wrong, have seen lots of accusations at people who haven't though it was a terrible decision) but not actually seen any specifics other than Phantom pointing out that some people registered with BS emails, but didn't  think he named names, assume there would be some data protection issues if he did. 

There have also been a number of people who have "come back" (wrong word but people who've been around a while but haven't posted much) since Nige has been binned, doesn't mean they were sleeper agents, could just be you are more likely to get some posters who maybe weren't big fans of Nige who are more optimistic now so are posting or have things to say. 

Not saying there isn't some kind of BS operation to infiltrate the forum either but it just doesn't seem likely to me and makes little sense when you can completely ignore OTIB, let's be honest if this place were truly representative there would have been mass protests on Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Out of interest, what arbitrary figure do you put on "the Bristol City fan base"?

And fwiw, the reason you rarely find thoughts and feelings on here are related to fans outside is because the vast majority of football fans - everywhere- are not the brightest, not the most intellectually inquisitive. They're mostly simple, easily pleased folk.

Ask a good sized sample of people sat around you at the next home game about xG, FFP or whether they'd ever heard of Liam Manning. I'm willing to bet you'll be met with ignorance or apathy.

Unlike here. So I know which camp I'd rather be in.  Let's hear it for OTIB, I say, rather than dismissing it as irrelevant.

Wow!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Or trying doing a similar poll on here and you may find it’s not far off that . I’ve seen hardly anyone “disapproving” of Manning.
Quite the opposite and wishing him well. 

Just because people are disappointed about Nige doesn’t necessarily equate to not approving of Manning. 
Most people are capable of more than one thought process. 

Exactly this. Not too intellectually challenging to distinguish between those two positions, is it? Some people will choose to willfully misunderstand or conflate the two in order to provoke an argument. It's tiresome.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

On my way, once I get out of this straitjacket.

I told the orderlies they tied it too tight, just like they did with poor Nigel.

Should I invite Count Dracula to join us, or just bring the Wizard of Oz as usual?

Only asking because you mentioned something about becoming a blood donor.

I'm A+ which I think means A + alcohol

22 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I do not have an "arbitrary" figure on the Bristol Fan Base, in fact 1% is very generous. Even if there 200 "regular posters", 1% that would equate to 20,000 - its much less than 1%!

The 2nd paragraph ("vast majority of football fans - everywhere- are not the brightest, not the most intellectually inquisitive. They're mostly simple, easily pleased folk."  was a very generic and sweeping statement, and could be deemed a little offensive.

I am a huge fan of OTIB, the quality of the set up, the MOD's and some of contributors are fantastic genuine and intelligent people, some of which I agree with on a majority of subjects, some I do not and likely never will. I never dismissed it as irrelevant, its just a tiny proportion of the Bristol City Fan base.

He said: " I note that fb over 90% of comments approve of LM. Which begs the question what the **** is wrong with this place?"

You said: "Probably because it represents about 1% of the Bristol City fan base, I rarely find thoughts and feelings on here are related to fans outside this forum."

Not dismissive. OK. 

And if 1% is generous you must have a figure in mind. 1% of what? And it'll be arbitrary because nobody knows, so you're plucking figures from thin air.

Nor could I care less if you think my opinion of MOST football fans is a little offensive. 

Football is just another version of bread and circuses, just another version of opium for the masses. Distracting the easily distracted and the easily pleased from the things that really matter. 

So, yes, imo MOST football fans are thick. Win, they're happy. Lose, they're not.

Which is why we gather here, no? 

That's rhetorical, so I'll leave you to your afternoon. Perhaps you'd like to attempt the survey I suggested - which you've conveniently ignored. Funny that.  

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Exactly this. Not too intellectually challenging to distinguish between those two positions, is it? Some people will choose to willfully misunderstand or conflate the two in order to provoke an argument. It's tiresome.

Completely CC, but there are certainly a few prize plums on here who seem incapable, or unwilling to grasp that concept.

Bristol (cough) Sport connections possibly🤔

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

I have seen almost no (would say 0 but sure there has been one) anti Nige post on here. I've seen people saying he didn't do a great job and have no beef with him being sacked but I wouldn't call that anti Nige, I haven't seen anyone who has been positively happy with him being sacked (Happy to be proven wrong, have seen lots of accusations at people who haven't though it was a terrible decision) but not actually seen any specifics other than Phantom pointing out that some people registered with BS emails, but didn't  think he named names, assume there would be some data protection issues if he did. 

There have also been a number of people who have "come back" (wrong word but people who've been around a while but haven't posted much) since Nige has been binned, doesn't mean they were sleeper agents, could just be you are more likely to get some posters who maybe weren't big fans of Nige who are more optimistic now so are posting or have things to say. 

Not saying there isn't some kind of BS operation to infiltrate the forum either but it just doesn't seem likely to me and makes little sense when you can completely ignore OTIB, let's be honest if this place were truly representative there would have been mass protests on Saturday. 

How much are you being paid to write this nonsense?

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How much are you being paid to write this nonsense?

And thete we go point proven.

If you could point me to an a it Nige post that would be great. 

I have been here a damn sight longer than you and unlike you who has to make things up like Wilson sacking being anything other than massively supported to try and back you claims (unless you are actually Danny Wilson, then fair enough I suppose.) 

Edited by Spud21

18 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He said: " I note that fb over 90% of comments approve of LM. Which begs the question what the **** is wrong with this place?"

You said: "Probably because it represents about 1% of the Bristol City fan base, I rarely find thoughts and feelings on here are related to fans outside this forum."

Not dismissive. OK. 

And if 1% is generous you must have a figure in mind. 1% of what? And it'll be arbitrary because nobody knows, so you're plucking figures from thin air.

Nor could I care less if you think my opinion of MOST football fans is a little offensive. 

Football is just another version of bread and circuses, just another version of opium for the masses. Distracting the easily distracted and the easily pleased from the things that really matter. 

So, yes, imo MOST football fans are thick. Win, they're happy. Lose, they're not.

Which is why we gather here, no? 

That's rhetorical, so I'll leave you to your afternoon. Perhaps you'd like to attempt the survey I suggested - which you've conveniently ignored. Funny that.  

It was offensive, but you don't care, fine, it just shows your total ignorance. Football is a distraction for me and welcome one, I have a busy job, family, 2 young children and sometimes I like a distraction from day to day life (as do most on here I suspect). As you say, when we Win, we are happy and when we lose, we are not happy - Thank you for that Captain obvious. 

You say I'm plucking figures from the air but you also say "So, yes, imo MOST football fans are thick." Where do you get that information from? Are you thick? I mean you use "imo" and capital letters in the middle of sentences so we can presume are also not particularly bright.

Edited by RUSSEL85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

And thete we go point proven.

If you could point me to an a it Nige post that would be great. 

I have been here a damn sight longer than you and unlike you who has to make things up like Wilson sacking being anything other than massively supported to try and back you claims (unless you are actually Danny Wilson, then fair enough I suppose.) 

What the hell are you on about? 

You're making things up now. Very bizarre. 

I made one comment about Wilson and that was something along the lines of "I've not felt this way since maybe when Wilson left" 

So how you've perceived that as me saying something else is rather hilarious and it could be deemed as a deflection tactic.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

30 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

Your points of view would carry far more weight, if it wasn’t for the fact that many of these ‘returning’ or very low posting number forum contributors all seem to be singing a very similar tune!

Coincedence, or just a little suspicious??

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

It was offensive, but you don't care, fine, it just shows your total ignorance. Football is a distraction for me and welcome one, I have a busy job, family, 2 young children and sometimes I like a distraction from day to day life (as do most on here I suspect). As you say, when we Win, we are happy and when we lose, we are not happy - Thank you for that Captain obvious. 

You say I'm plucking figures from the air but you also say "So, yes, imo MOST football fans are thick." Where do you get that information from? Are you thick? I mean you use "imo" and capital letters in the middle of sentences so we can presume are also not particularly bright.

**** me.

1 hour ago, JP Hampton said:

Or trying doing a similar poll on here and you may find it’s not far off that . I’ve seen hardly anyone “disapproving” of Manning.
Quite the opposite and wishing him well. 

Just because people are disappointed about Nige doesn’t necessarily equate to not approving of Manning. 
Most people are capable of more than one thought process. 

Yeah!,but can they rub their belly and pat their head at the same time?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What the hell are you on about? 

You're making things up now. Very bizarre. 

I made one comment about Wilson and that was something along the lines of "I've not felt this way since maybe when Wilson left" 

So how you've perceived that as me saying something else is rather hilarious.

Yea, you were comparing the situation now to that of when Wilson was sackefd except we have just binned off a popular manager to replace him with an expirienced coach but inexperienced head coach, to replacing a manager that most wanted gone with a total rookie.

you have continually compared Manning to LJ, seemingly now because he said the word process but plenty of times before that, when other than working at league 1 level the similarities end there, you've gone around telling everyone about 800,000 times that he was sacked from MK Dons so must be shit, yet do not apply the same standard to Pearson who if you ignore context didn't do much with us at all. And when anyone has called you out on you fabricating and manipulating your evidence you cry "free speech" or some other utter shite.

We've also had the elite mentality rubbish that you have spouted that Manning who has worked at that level for Longer than Pearson can't have but Nige does. 

You also have gone on about the Head coach experiment as if we exist in a vaccumm and are the only club trying this crazy experiment as if it's not how most clubs now operate, and just because we've not had success with 2 head coaches, although 1 did get us the best finishes we have had in my lifetime (easy to argue that he also had the most backing of anyone as well, so that's a whole other debate. 

There are and you have legitimate concerns from the shit way Pearson was treated to appointing Manning now to which you are entitled and many I agree with, but you have made up or grossly exaggerated things to fit your argument too the detriment of the perfectly reasonable points you also have. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Wow! You think most football fans are like the posters on here? Most. Concentrate on every word, especially "most". 

Wow!

See, it's easy, isn't it?

Wow!

Clearly I fall into the bracket "the vast majority of football fans - everywhere- are not the brightest, not the most intellectually inquisitive."

(Which is the bit my "wow" was aimed at by the way)

But as you so thoughtfully suggest, I'll make sure that I concentrate harder from now on.

• Haha 1

I wonder if there’s a second thing at play too, as well as the extent to which OTIB represents the views of fans more generally.

And that’s whether what gets posted on here is a fair representation of the views of everyone who’s signed up to OTIB.

I’ve never tried to prove it (a job for someone with a spreadsheet maybe!) but I’d bet that a relatively large number of the posts on here come from a relatively small proportion of OTIB ‘members’. A small proportion of posters (me included) do bang on a bit! 

38 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

Yea, you were comparing the situation now to that of when Wilson was sackefd except we have just binned off a popular manager to replace him with an expirienced coach but inexperienced head coach, to replacing a manager that most wanted gone with a total rookie.

you have continually compared Manning to LJ, seemingly now because he said the word process but plenty of times before that, when other than working at league 1 level the similarities end there, you've gone around telling everyone about 800,000 times that he was sacked from MK Dons so must be shit, yet do not apply the same standard to Pearson who if you ignore context didn't do much with us at all. And when anyone has called you out on you fabricating and manipulating your evidence you cry "free speech" or some other utter shite.

We've also had the elite mentality rubbish that you have spouted that Manning who has worked at that level for Longer than Pearson can't have but Nige does. 

You also have gone on about the Head coach experiment as if we exist in a vaccumm and are the only club trying this crazy experiment as if it's not how most clubs now operate, and just because we've not had success with 2 head coaches, although 1 did get us the best finishes we have had in my lifetime (easy to argue that he also had the most backing of anyone as well, so that's a whole other debate. 

There are and you have legitimate concerns from the shit way Pearson was treated to appointing Manning now to which you are entitled and many I agree with, but you have made up or grossly exaggerated things to fit your argument too the detriment of the perfectly reasonable points you also have. 

So how much are you being paid to write all of this absolute waffle?

Where can I apply? 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull