IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

42 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Of course that's the danger but I think if that was to happen criticism will be at the board more than likely, Hopefully we get a positive result Saturday and a god performance and then he has 2 weeks to really get his ideas over to the players....On a seperate thing I've just driven past the HPC and saw the team bus being packed up so he's only had yesterday and this morning with the players unless they plan to train somewhere in London.

He mentioned yesterday that they will train tomorrow morning, then travel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is fair. Both sides have a new manager to impress now, but the sheer paucity of the home record and not just this year but over time, will mean people are somewhat disappointed if we lose. If we draw maybe, maybe not.

Well, I wasn't expecting a win before Manning and I certainly don't expect a win now, he's only been here a couple of days and had hardly any time with the players. I do expect a close game which could go either way.

On another note, it'll be interesting to see how Manning and Hogg conduct themselves on the touchline, they both seem to be the shouty types, not had that for while. Could be wrong..

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, I wasn't expecting a win before Manning and I certainly don't expect a win now, he's only been here a couple of days and had hardly any time with the players. I do expect a close game which could go either way.

On another note, it'll be interesting to see how Manning and Hogg conduct themselves on the touchline, they both seem to be the shouty types, not had that for while. Could be wrong..

Really? Not expecting a win? I was quite hopeful that this maybe a winnable game, was hopeful of 4-6 pts from Sheffield Wednesday home, QPR away.

No Chair is also a boost for us and we seem to have some players steadily returning from injury Albeit at different stages.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Really? Not expecting a win? I was quite hopeful that this maybe a winnable game, was hopeful of 4-6 pts from Sheffield Wednesday home, QPR away.

No Chair is also a boost for us and we seem to have some players steadily returning from injury Albeit at different stages.

I never expect a win, but I do think we should win some games, big difference.

4 from 6 is fine.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

You must be one of the few then, including the board. They must have fancied NP to pick up 6 points, then they were stuffed.

LM said in his press conference he's not that type. Something about how can you expect players to keep discipline if you're losing your shit* on the touchline.

*Paraphrased.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2023 at 07:53, Major Isewater said:

Skodas aren’t cheap anymore.They are also excellent cars and always were. They suffered from the reputation of cheap communist cars and a bad image but were well built and engineered. 
So you’re saying that Manning is a cheap communist with a bad image.

He he, you are funny. Im saying NP head above Manning. Look at their carers, hope Manning also lead a team to pl and coach them there.

17 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

LM would probably have got lost if he didn't have BT shadowing him !

Sometimes theres a perfectly simple and innocent explanation.

Who do you think you are, coming on here with simple and innocent explanations?

Carry on like that, with no conjecture or speculation, and we’ll never get to 100 pages.

Edited by italian dave

On 06/11/2023 at 19:23, Johnny Musicworks said:

This time last year Luton took on Rob Edwards and few thought he had the experience (Just 10 Championship games) to take them up with a hardworking but not especially talented squad. It can work !

It can be done and that is one area to draw encouragement from, but Luton had a deeper squad, also had made playoffs the prior year..albeit they lost manager to a higher level, right back too and of course star man to us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Really interesting watch, always had an interest in coaching, good to see it all broken down in to parts, I think from the very early signs I've seen and heard we are in capable hands.

Hogg’s playing career is interesting i5 looks like he was very highly regarded as a teenager (international appearances) but never really made it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hogg

Just watched the Press Conference. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible IMO.

He seems likeable.

LM seems ambitious which is good.  Doesn't sound like we will be spending much in January so his job will be predominantly to get the best and perhaps outperform with the current squad. Injuries will be key.

He mentions pressing which is fine. Jon Lansdown seemed to unsurprisingly dial down a bit expectation wise.

The criteria should be quite simple. Win games, maintain a reasonable and consistent standard.

He inherits a squad that has slowly if steadily improved year on year, 40% Win ratio and 1.4 PPG this season. He can't really afford a slow start?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Hogg’s playing career is interesting i5 looks like he was very highly regarded as a teenager (international appearances) but never really made it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hogg

Yeah I hadn't realised he stopped so young i think injuries played a part. I do believe that people who didn't really make it at the highest playing level usually make better coaches. 

On 06/11/2023 at 23:27, Zuni said:

Disagree a bit on the fitness. We looked like a team that had lots of conditioning, long distance running etc but lacked football specific fitness to some degree.  Not a sports scientist but do work in the industry and just my opinion as a fan who has watched most of the games over NP/Rennie era. 

In what line of work?

• Haha 1