IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

I have to say, I’ve found the Tinnion lurking stuff all very very odd. 

Lurking at the front of him addressing the players, next to the cameras for the press conference, watching him being filmed for club media, now you can see him stood on the sideline watching the first training session. 

half expecting him to be in the dugout on Saturday!

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Lurking at the front of him addressing the players, next to the cameras for the press conference, watching him being filmed for club media, now you can see him stood on the sideline watching the first training session. 

Totally agree. 

Just now, petehinton said:

This is what this appointment is partly about Pete. It allows Tins to be more involved in footballing matters than he'd ever of been able to with Pearson.

We already know that he made an issue of King being selected.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Gone back in time 19 years.

IMG_1856.jpeg

Edited by Silvio Dante

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Yeah it’s a little concerning……..weird. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not on  the forum back then. But is that BT

Yup. You can find the thread in the “Classics” section (entitled “Together”). Quite emotional when you see in there a few forum members who have since passed on.

Interestingly, it shows Tinnion knew at the time of him being appointed/Wilson sacked he knew that it was controversial and tried to do positive PR. Contrast that with this time.

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yup. You can find the thread in the “Classics” section (entitled “Together”). Quite emotional when you see in there a few forum members who have since passed on.

Interestingly, it shows Tinnion knew at the time of him being appointed/Wilson sacked he knew that it was controversial and tried to do positive PR. Contrast that with this time.

Thanks SD. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

I don't see it that way Pete. Lurking?

For years, many on this forum have been crying out for a 'football man' as DOF, overseeing football operations. That very much seems to be Tins' new role. And if someone with over 500 games for the club, managerial and overseas coaching experience and a proven track record in identifying, coaching and improving young players isnt a football man, then who is?

And I would very much expect that 'football man' to be there to ease a new Head Coach ( an excellent appointment  IMO) into his new role to provide continuity and a familiar face for the players.

Let's see how it works.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Dave L said:

For years, many on this forum have been crying out for a 'football man' as DOF, overseeing football operations. That very much seems to be Tins' new role. And if someone with over 500 games for the club, managerial and overseas coaching experience and a proven track record in identifying, coaching and improving young players isnt a football man, then who is?

And I would very much expect that 'football man' to be there to ease a new Head Coach ( an excellent appointment  IMO) into his new role to provide continuity and a familiar face for the players.

Let's see how it works.

I don’t think ‘football man’ is someone who played 75% of their footballing appearances in one place, has their only - epic fail - managerial experience at the same place, and whose experience thereafter was running soccer schools in south Spain or at the imperial ground. 

That isn’t a cv to get anyone excited outside BS3

Edited by 38MC
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Let's see how it works.

I’m with you Dave, sorry Pete 😉.  I don’t have the history of Tins the Snake, and I posted last week that I’d be a hypocrite if after years of wanting someone between manager / head-coach and board, I turned around now and said “as long as it’s not Tins”.

I’m in my watching phase, trying not to reach any real opinions, let alone cast the die (dye?).  Tins and Jon have put themselves in the spotlight, unnecessarily so imho, but they will now be scrutinised for the new head-coach’s performance, more than if they’d gone about it a different way.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Let's see how it works.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m with you Dave, sorry Pete 😉.  I don’t have the history of Tins the Snake, and I posted last week that I’d be a hypocrite if after years of wanting someone between manager / head-coach and board, I turned around now and said “as long as it’s not Tins”.

I’m in my watching phase, trying not to reach any real opinions, let alone cast the die (dye?).  Tins and Jon have put themselves in the spotlight, unnecessarily so imho, but they will now be scrutinised for the new head-coach’s performance, more than if they’d gone about it a different way.

Not saying it’s a bad thing he’s in that role at all, we’ve absolutely been crying out for it for years. Just found it odd to follow him Round all day. Gave me the vibes of Sir Alex always being in attendance at United games and the Sky cameras panning to him whenever they conceded. 

As someone else mentioned, I do personally think he’d be nowhere near the role somewhere else. It’s a hell of a leap from academy/loans to what he’s doing now, and in that sense falls under “very under qualified” for a job. Don’t get me wrong, love him, one of my hero’s, really pleased we finally have someone in place at that role, but also slightly uneasy at someone so inexperienced in that ‘remit’ having it. As you say Fevs, scrutiny/praise should be with him as much as anyone else now. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not saying it’s a bad thing he’s in that role at all, we’ve absolutely been crying out for it for years. Just found it odd to follow him Round all day. Gave me the vibes of Sir Alex always being in attendance at United games and the Sky cameras panning to him whenever they conceded. 

As someone else mentioned, I do personally think he’d be nowhere near the role somewhere else. It’s a hell of a leap from academy/loans to what he’s doing now, and in that sense falls under “very under qualified” for a job. Don’t get me wrong, love him, one of my hero’s, really pleased we finally have someone in place at that role, but also slightly uneasy at someone so inexperienced in that ‘remit’ having it. As you say Fevs, scrutiny/praise should be with him as much as anyone else now. 

LM would probably have got lost if he didn't have BT shadowing him !

Sometimes theres a perfectly simple and innocent explanation.

On 31/10/2023 at 19:26, W-S-M Seagull said:

Good luck John. Nothing but promotion will do this season. 

On 02/11/2023 at 20:26, petehinton said:

Honestly I’d be all over this. Excellent coach, Oxford played really really good stuff against us at AG in august. 

However….he is quite boring in press conference. So pick your poison. 

IMG-20231108-WA0001.jpg

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Really interesting watch, always had an interest in coaching, good to see it all broken down in to parts, I think from the very early signs I've seen and heard we are in capable hands.

Let’s hope we’re not 4 down at ht Saturday 🙈
that would put the cat amongst the pigeons on here Saturday - carnage 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Let’s hope we’re not 4 down at ht Saturday 🙈
that would put the cat amongst the pigeons on here Saturday - carnage 😂😂😂

Of course that's the danger but I think if that was to happen criticism will be at the board more than likely, Hopefully we get a positive result Saturday and a god performance and then he has 2 weeks to really get his ideas over to the players....On a seperate thing I've just driven past the HPC and saw the team bus being packed up so he's only had yesterday and this morning with the players unless they plan to train somewhere in London.

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Would it?

People that rabid ?

When you make a major change, that wasn't exactly called for especially compared to the time and patience for one predecessor in particular.

Anyway I'll try not to compare but people will be expecting. A disastrous start wouldn't do anything for the mood.

Manning needs to hit the ground running. Albeit Day One is much too soon.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I really don't think he can be judged on Saturdays result whatever it may be.

After the international break (I somehow don't think the players will be getting 10 days off), he can be judged after selecting his team having worked with them for more or less three weeks.

But I am 100% positive that if we lose there will be characters on here baying for blood.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Btw I've checked QPR home record it's so poor.

6 games, 1 point. Going back into laat season is one win in 15 or something at home in the League.

They will have a new manager bounce as well let's not forget, but.. 

And they are on a 14 game winless run and we all know who the best club in the EFL are if you want to end a run like that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Of course that's the danger but I think if that was to happen criticism will be at the board more than likely, Hopefully we get a positive result Saturday and a god performance and then he has 2 weeks to really get his ideas over to the players....On a seperate thing I've just driven past the HPC and saw the team bus being packed up so he's only had yesterday and this morning with the players unless they plan to train somewhere in London.

Yes hopefully a positive one , the danger is if they lose because it’s qpr who are near the bottom it will be magnified 

but you have to remember we may well lose if Nige was in charge and also they have a new manager themselves so they will be looking for a positive result.

Hopefully with a month we will see if it’s gonna be any different 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Btw I've checked QPR home record it's so poor.

6 games, 1 point. Going back into laat season is one win in 20 or something at home in the League.

They will have a new manager bounce as well let's not forget, but.. 

Sheffield Wednesday don't have a great record this season but they managed to give us a game with 10 men and missed a couple of decent chances. They too had a new manager to impress - just like QPR.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Sheffield Wednesday don't have a great record this season but they managed to give us a game with 10 men and missed a couple of decent chances. They too had a new manager to impress - just like QPR.

This is fair. Both sides have a new manager to impress now, but the sheer paucity of the home record and not just this year but over time, will mean people are somewhat disappointed if we lose. If we draw maybe, maybe not.