IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday at home match thread

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you’re interested enough in City to contribute to the forum, then that probably makes you a bit more passionate about the club than your average supporter.

But I don’t think that means opinions here aren’t broadly representative. On the poll this week, there were 800 votes and over 90% thought the club were wrong to sack Pearson. That’s so extreme in one direction, I think we can reasonably assume a large majority of the fanbase did not want Pearson to go. But we probably have to concede that most people might not care as much as your average OTIBer.

I think the issue might also be that there’s no focal point for our frustrations today - it’s not like Steve Lansdown strolled across the centre circle.

Having said all that, I do think it’s a bit surprising and disappointing there hasn’t more of a reaction.

I wouldn’t say forum goers are more passionate. They do have a LOT more time on their hands though!  Most of my mates are passionate but are far too busy. The amount of posters that seem to post loads during 9-5 weekdays is astounding! 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

I wouldn’t say forum goers are more passionate. They do have a LOT more time on their hands though!  Most of my mates are passionate but are far too busy. The amount of posters that seem to post loads during 9-5 weekdays is astounding! 

Cubicle dwellers.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Fair comments. More “engaged” rather than more passionate perhaps.

I agree it is surprising how some people are here all the time. This week I’ve been here a lot because I’ve spent nearly the entire week in bed after a particularly brutal encounter with Covid!

This is so frustrating to watch, we have the extra player and it looks like we don't, Wednesday look pretty comfortable sitting back. This is where we're missing a man on the touchline who will read the situation and adapt, it doesn't look like we have that today as we're just doing the same thing over and over and creating nothing.

Just now, pillred said:

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face, you are the only one who will lose out stay and cheer them on.

I mean that's what Jon Lansdown said our fans would do, he literally doesn't care how the fans feel so long as they're there and cheering the team on, exactly why our fans should stay away. There is no sign that the fanbase is unhappy other than social media so what do the board have to fear from the fans?

1 minute ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Weimann and Knight both go hiding when we have possession, happens way too often. Off it they work hard but on it but I never see them showing for the pass, always see them behind markers.

Knight for me is that hard-working deep player for this exact reason and Weimann is far past his prime and doesn't suit the new style of play at all.

• Like 1