IGNORED

TGH

Red Army 75

25 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I'm still mixed.

Feel both can be guilty at times of 'hiding' when we're in possession, i.e. static at times. Knighty more so, especially when on the ball - has a habit of playing head down a bit too much.

Led to a couple of times where we struggled to break the lines, especially when both at times left James isolated and Dickie and Vyner had issues finding them on the angles.

Goal output still a slight concern.

Hopefully both may improve and kick on with more games and training.

This is pretty much where I am with them both at the moment. 
They both do things that I really like. But they also both do some rather sloppy things that I feel they are capable of more. 
I’ve seen some 30 minute performances from both but not yet a full 90 performance. So hopefully that consistency will come. 

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Played well. I think if they are to make his move permanent they need to focus on him nailing down a position, most likely in midfield. None of this Jack of all trades rubbish.

The description of him from WBA was that you were never sure what his 'actual' position was...

I certainly don't see him as a fullback.

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is pretty much where I am with them both at the moment. 
They both do things that I really like. But they also both do some rather sloppy things that I feel they are capable of more. 
I’ve seen some 30 minute performances from both but not yet a full 90 performance. So hopefully that consistency will come. 

I'm sure it will.

TGH is 21 and Knight is 22.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

The description of him from WBA was that you were never sure what his 'actual' position was...

I certainly don't see him as a fullback.

I found that a fairly strange comment from West Brom about a 21 year old, who’s played under 3 managers.  Hardly surprising he’s not had much chance to find consistency.

Nor do I, capable of filling in, but most definitely a CM imho.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Yep: that and to start hitting the target when offered an open goal!

Seriously, he also needs to be able to mix it up for different situations. I felt today that balls over the top to him were never likely to give him much of a chance, given how deep SW sat with their two lines of 4. He had nothing much to run into. I felt Mehmeti running at them, and trying to play balls between them, was more effective. 

Yes felt Mehmeti did well when he came on. Seemed to be switching from left to right behind the forwards seeking space and got involved well on several attacking phases of the game. The only way we are going to see if he has the ability to transfer his talent to a meaningful member of the squad is to give him game time I feel.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fuber said:

I'm still mixed.

Feel both can be guilty at times of 'hiding' when we're in possession, i.e. static at times. Knighty more so, especially when on the ball - has a habit of playing head down a bit too much.

Led to a couple of times where we struggled to break the lines, especially when both at times left James isolated and Dickie and Vyner had issues finding them on the angles.

Goal output still a slight concern.

Hopefully both may improve and kick on with more games and training.

To be fair to both however, thought Conway and Weimann were poor today - latter unfortunately looks like age, lacking a yard of pace, and a lack of confidence is catching up to him.

Yes I like Knight but feel Williams plays with his hraf up more. Can see  the options better 

On 04/11/2023 at 20:37, Davefevs said:

Fee has allegedly been agreed.  TGH said his partner had moved down with him recently too.

New manager might have a different view, but I’d be surprised if any manager coming in didn’t see a 21 year old like TGH being a sensible loan-perm.

I refer to above.

I can only imagine LM likes what he sees both on the pitch and his attitude.

Still 21, very mature player, think he will get better and better.  Good set-piece taker too, both free-kicks and corners - although his delivery today doesn’t get anything (Dickie doesn’t get assist either - I shall boo!)

A snip at £1.3m and even if you add the alleged loan fee of £0.7m in, at £2.0m, that’s a player for the now and the future.

+++++

Slight digression, he was tiring in the last 10-15, but interesting he stayed on and Jamo came off…and Williams gave us exactly what we needed for 7 minutes injury time.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I refer to above.

Still 21, very mature player, think he will get better and better.  Good set-piece taker too, both free-kicks and corners - although his delivery today doesn’t get anything (Dickie doesn’t get assist either - I shall boo!)

A snip at £1.3m and even if you add the alleged loan fee of £0.7m in, at £2.0m, that’s a player for the now and the future.

+++++

Slight digression, he was tiring in the last 10-15, but interesting he stayed on and Jamo came off…and Williams gave us exactly what we needed for 7 minutes injury time.

Excellent goal & what pleased me as much was that for the first time in the game we didn’t play it square or back, but he had a go (in the style of Josh Brownhill) & it paid off.

Noticed James a few times in the last few minutes before being subbed looking down at his ankle & on his haunches once, so thought he might make way.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I refer to above.

+++++

Forget the goal , his all round game was very good today . The lad got a bit about him . WBA must have a hell of a midfield if they’re happy to let him go. 

• Like 1

Thought he showed what he’s capable of today what with the goal, free kick prior to the pen and his all round play. Truly hope he kicks in from this cause I reckon there’s a proper player in there.

would also say how happy I was watching Mehmeti play for the 20 odd mins he was on. Actually ran at the goal as opposed to QPRwhere he kept stopping around the 18 yard box, cut in and lost it. Again I’m hoping LM gives him his head as we could have a rough diamond in there 

Really enjoyed today (well bar the first 40 mins and 6 mins of second half)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I refer to above.

+++++

TGH was very good today. Obviously the worldie goal helped, but i thought he was decent in posession and tried to be positive when he had the ball.

He would be a good signing for us in my opinion

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Compared to recent matches, James didn’t seem as dominant as usual today; less seemed to go through him. Not sure if that is evidence of a new way of playing under Manning or just one of those days. And quite unusual for James to be taken off when we are looking to hold on to a one goal lead in the final stages (unless he was carrying a knock). TGH is certainly becoming more dominant though - changing of the guard perhaps (as much as I rate James, players like TGH are the future).

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just a midfield on huge wages that they can’t shift!

Both are true tbh, IMO. Swift, Yokuslu, then Mowatt quite good, experienced centrally. Top end Championship, some lower La Liga PL and decent Championship respectively. Albeit they need to cut some costs still.

Checked again, plus Molumby of course and then there is Sarmiento a PL loanee. A decent range...but surely too expensive for their current circs.

Oh and Nathaniel Chalobah who may well be 6th choice. Seems expensive post Parachutes..

Gardner-Hickman is certainly impressive though, versatile if required and significant room for growth. Could be a snip if we activate.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Compared to recent matches, James didn’t seem as dominant as usual today; less seemed to go through him. Not sure if that is evidence of a new way of playing under Manning or just one of those days. And quite unusual for James to be taken off when we are looking to hold on to a one goal lead in the final stages (unless he was carrying a knock). TGH is certainly becoming more dominant though - changing of the guard perhaps (as much as I rate James, players like TGH are the future).

Yeah, quiet today…think we will have to see whether it’s a general trend.

(think someone said earlier he was on his his haunches holding his ankle)

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Both are true tbh, IMO. Swift, Yokuslu, then Mowatt quite good, experienced centrally. Top end Championship, some lower La Liga PL and decent Championship respectively. Albeit they need to cut some costs still.

Checked again, plus Molumby of course and then there is Sarmiento a PL loanee. A decent range...but surely too expensive for their current circs.

Oh and Nathaniel Chalobah who may well be 6th choice. Seems expensive post Parachutes..

Gardner-Hickman is certainly impressive though, versatile if required and significant room for growth. Could be a snip if we activate.

I was being a bit facetious.  Goes to show the quality of some of our alleged rivals though, doesn’t it?  Can we try to compete with them, yes we can, but it really is about us being a really tight team to compensate for the lack of overall quality we have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I was being a bit facetious.  Goes to show the quality of some of our alleged rivals though, doesn’t it?  Can we try to compete with them, yes we can, but it really is about us being a really tight team to compensate for the lack of overall quality we have.

Fair Dave.

I'd say in some quality differs, in other ways quality of the peak age range. 25-29 maybe for outfield certainly experience is a factor and lastly tight in every respect, including injuries. We're running quite close to the wire in that respect.

• Like 1