IGNORED

A lot of money on Spurs to win the league

Fordy62

1 hour ago, redordead1 said:

VAR sadly turning football into a better armchair/ at home viewing experience compared to watching in person. How shit must that have been for the fans in the ground? Not knowing whether to celebrate the goals or not and a min of 10mins not knowing what’s going on, texting mates at home asking for the heads up as they all wait in ignorance, whilst the viewers at home get all the commentary and replays. 

I’ve been to several games now with VAR, mostly England but a few others and it’s a totally crap experience for fans in the stadium. They often don’t even tell you what’s being checked, let alone which players/part of the play. That would have likely been utter chaos in the stadium for that game.

They need to find a way to make it better for the fans in the stadiums.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Suicidal tactics, with only 9 men it's only a matter of time before you concede when playing against the pace that Chelsea have (despite the fact that Chelsea are poor), fun game to watch though

In fairness the tactics almost worked. You either stick everybody behind the ball and defend deep or be brave like Spurs were. It was certainly fun to watch for the neutral.

Edited by Super

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Suicidal tactics, with only 9 men it's only a matter of time before you concede when playing against the pace that Chelsea have (despite the fact that Chelsea are poor), fun game to watch though

To be fair, they probably lasted longer than they would have if they had just sat on their own area and defended. Plus they nearly scored a few times pressing Chelsea high and catching them out. I'm all for it, make the pitch as small as possible to try and negate the player advantage and if they still had Van De Ven on who's the quickest CB I've ever seen they might just have held on.

One of the most mental games I've ever watched, Spurs blew them away first 20 minutes and then just imploded, was really bizarre!

1 hour ago, Super said:

In fairness the tactics almost worked. You either stick everybody behind the ball and defend deep or be brave like Spurs were. It was certainly fun to watch for the neutral.

Agree

I’ve never seen a side down to 10 , let alone 9 , and few teams with 11 , defend with such a high line and keep pressing hard - incredibly brave and admirable tbh

At 2-1 they had the Dier goal ruled out and the (awkward) header chance in the six yard box chance too 

If you sit deep with 9 it’s only a matter of time anyway

Hats off to them

Bielsa style 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

On 06/11/2023 at 22:24, TonyTonyTony said:

Weren’t you the poster who started a thread on Antoine Semenyo being a bit shit and never a striker? Not exactly famous for your predictions

Check out his goal stats and then let me know if he is a Striker….

Let me know when he gets 10 goals in a season. I am still waiting…

Wide man who can get 6-8 a season Yes. 

Striker who scores 10 plus - Not for me.

• Haha 1