IGNORED

A lot of money on Spurs to win the league

Fordy62

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'm not watching, but I thought you couldn't give a red and a penalty?

Firstly , You can if a foul and no attempt to play the ball

And in this case the red was for violent conduct / foul play (Won the ball but deliberately went over the top / followed through to ‘do’ the Chelsea player on follow through) , and hence a penalty 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

It was serious foul play plus he was fortunate to be still on the pitch after a petulant kick on a Chelsea player minutes earlier. Similar to Beckham in 1998.

I think it has widely been agreed since that Becks should have only got a yellow for that kick out?

VAR does not get involved for yellows.

• Like 1

What a game. Spurs 1-0 , Spurs goal disallowed , 2 Chelsea goals disallowed . Chelsea score Pen for which Spurs Romero was sent off. He could have been sent off before for kicking out at a player. Udogie lucky he missed Sterling with 2 footed tackle , just booked.

And it's still the first half

Update 

Johnson off injured
Van De Ven off injured 
Maddison injured 

Spurs imploding 

Edited by 1960maaan

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

I think it has widely been agreed since that Becks should have only got a yellow for that kick out?

VAR does not get involved for yellows.

Good point, I actually thought it didn't deserve a red in 98, hardly any force behind the kick, it was more a flick that then pole axed the usually robust Simone. 

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Good point, I actually thought it didn't deserve a red in 98, hardly any force behind the kick, it was more a flick that then pole axed the usually robust Simone. 

And Simone admitted he took a dive to get Becks red carded. Had we had VAR back then, Becks would have been downgraded to a yellow and England would have gone on to win the game and everyone in this country would hail VAR as we inevitably went on to win the whole damn tournament 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What a game. Spurs 1-0 , Spurs goal disallowed , 2 Chelsea goals disallowed . Chelsea score Pen for which Spurs Romero was sent off. He could have been sent off before for kicking out at a player. Udogie lucky he missed Sterling with 2 footed tackle , just booked.

And it's still the first half

Update 

Johnson off injured
Van De Ven off injured 
Maddison injured 

Spurs imploding 

Blame it on Rennie 😂

• Haha 1