IGNORED

ITK: Sh*t or Bust

Unan

Sh*t or bust  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

In all the years Nothing I’ve ever seen of Phantom would ever lead me to believe that he’s in any way a bull shitter. He’s a forum stalwart and if he says something then it’s either true, or he’s mistaken. 

What I will say however is the influx of new members who appear to share the same down trodden opinion of Nige is bizarrely coincidental - almost like something is going on. 

The paranoia on this forum is getting worse.

Judging by the the people i spoke to on Saturday the majority seemed in favour of Pearson going but were appreciative of the work he had done, there are many many City fans out there who have a different opinion on the Pearson saga than some on here seem to have, accept it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

The paranoia on this forum is getting worse.

Judging by the the people i spoke to on Saturday the majority seemed in favour of Pearson going but were appreciative of the work he had done, there are many many City fans out there who have a different opinion on the Pearson saga than some on here seem to have, accept it.

I refuse to believe that.

The forum doesn’t account for all fans, but it is open to all and can reasonably be considered to be a representative cross section. Ridiculous to suggest that a poll of 800 supporters here isn’t broadly representative of the majority view.

608F3670-30DB-4015-A995-97AC55AC30F2.jpeg

• Like 6

I am of the opinion that generally are passing on things in good faith.

What was slightly jarring about the “Phantom” rumour was it did feel a little like he was enjoying drip feeding stuff and the attention that generated without revealing that much.

You can get away with that if you’ve got a track record, otherwise it feels a bit ‘I know something you don’t know’.

By the way - this new phenomenon of suspiciously pro-BS propaganda accounts joining in the last week. That never happened before the move from Clik. 

Is there any way for the mods to identify common IP info or something? It’s very clear what’s going on.

It would be a bit more believable if at least some of them had display pictures. Try harder Bristol Sport.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The forum doesn’t account for all fans, but it is open to all and can reasonably be considered to be a representative cross section. Ridiculous to suggest that a poll of 800 supporters here isn’t broadly representative of the majority view.

608F3670-30DB-4015-A995-97AC55AC30F2.jpeg

The silent majority are stirring 😃

I accept the big support on here for Pearson but there's no way that equates to the wider fan-base, anyway he's gone now so time to get behind the new man and move on

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I accept the big support on here for Pearson but there's no way that equates to the wider fan-base, anyway he's gone now so time to get behind the new man and move on

Silent majority? I reckon the numbers on this forum in support are many fold the numbers you spoke to on the weekend. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I can't argue that 90 % thought it was wrong at that moment because there was a knee jerk reaction to what was widely seen as an ill thought move.

It's funny what difference a week makes. No protests at BS3 and even the likes of James Piercy and regular commentator/City fan Matt Withers saying that there are two sides to the coin.

The same poll conducted now may yield different results. Polls are all about timing as well as the question options and how the questions are phrased. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

“There’s no way that equates to the wider fanbase”.

Unfortunately just saying something doesn’t make it true. You need to provide evidence for your baseless claim.

There is absolutely no reason to think the forum doesn’t provide a representative sample. And 90% is a very strong consensus.

Oh and it’s not just OTIB either - the reaction has been much the same on every other social media platform.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

A couple of City fans in my village - who don't do social media and aren't on here - told me the sacking was "ridiculous". A local Gashead said that too!

I think Nige enjoyed majority support among the fanbase. Maybe not as high as 97%, but he still had more goodwill from supporters than he had from the Lansdowns.

But as you say, it's time to move on. We can do little else. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I can't argue that 90 % thought it was wrong at that moment because there was a knee jerk reaction to what was widely seen as an ill thought move.

It's funny what difference a week makes. No protests at BS3 and even the likes of James Piercy and regular commentator/City fan Matt Withers saying that there are two sides to the coin.

The same poll conducted now may yield different results. Polls are all about timing as well as the question options and how the questions are phrased. 

I agree with that.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

“There’s no way that equates to the wider fanbase”.

Unfortunately just saying something doesn’t make it true. You need to provide evidence for your baseless claim.

There is absolutely no reason to think the forum doesn’t provide a representative sample. And 90% is a very strong consensus.

Almost everything on this forum is about opinion and not fact, all i can say is that the majority (not a big majority) of people i was in conversation with on Saturday were on the side of Pearson going, (maybe that's because a week had passed and emotions weren't so raw and admittingly wasn't 800 people i spoke to!!!)

Personally i wouldn't of sacked Pearson (and i think i voted that way on here) but also feel totally indifferent to it all and wasn't that overly-bothered when he was sacked, it's a new beginning, let's move on  

2 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Judging by the the people i spoke to on Saturday in SL’s private box the majority seemed in favour of Pearson going but were appreciative of the work he had done, there are many many City fans out there who have a different opinion on the Pearson saga than some on here seem to have, accept it.

Fixed it for you.

🤣🤣🤣

FWIW, all 5 people I spoke to about it on Saturday were dead against the sacking.  Two of those 5 never ever mention anything beyond the result at 4:50.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 6

I genuinely think the club had every intention of announcing on Monday but for whatever reason this hasn't happened. I don't think people should be slamming people who have posted such in good faith, as this info was good at the time it was given.

Some people have to be very careful about what they write on here to protect their sources too which is obviously a must.

Maybe the club (like myself) is holding on to see if Moysie suddenly becomes available as there has been statements issued in the past day or so regarding his future. 😀 

• Haha 1
  • Robin 2

2 hours ago, 38MC said:

Silent majority? I reckon the numbers on this forum in support are many fold the numbers you spoke to on the weekend. 

It’s complete horse**** from someone anti Pearson trying to invent

FWIW I don’t know or have spoken to anyone who agreed with the sacking

Maybe coincidence, but I’ve never seen or experienced , such a high percentage our fan base so angry and opposed to a decision *

Edit

*I also think the ‘decision’ itself was one a high majority were in massive disagreement with

but

an even higher term percentage with a higher level of anger and disgust at the way it was done - (cowardly and embarrassing  IMHO) , with a complete lack of respect for a man , who,  IMHO , has done a bloody good job and actually done the club proud at a really difficult time

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 9

26 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

It’s complete horse**** from someone anti Pearson trying to invent

FWIW I don’t know or have spoken to anyone who agreed with the sacking

Maybe coincidence, but I’ve never seen or experienced , such a high percentage our fan base so angry and opposed to a decision *

Edit

*I also think the ‘decision’ itself was one a high majority were in massive disagreement with

but

an even higher term percentage with a higher level of anger and disgust at the way it was done - (cowardly and embarrassing  IMHO) , with a complete lack of respect for a man , who,  IMHO , has done a bloody good job and actually done the club proud at a really difficult time

Agreed - I don't think 'disliking Nige' and 'not thinking he deserved the sack based on performance' are mutually exclusive. FWIW I thought he was doing a great job, given the circumstances. I know some people who didn't particularly enjoy some of the football, but also thought he was doing the best he could with the resources available. I can't imagine there's THAT many people, aside from those that have a dislike for Nige personally, who TRULY felt that he warranted a sacking based on performances, especially given the amount of time we gave to LJ and even what we had under Holden.

Even though I liked Nige, the thing that grates the most wasn't the sacking per se, but the feeling that Lansdown is holding his personal opinions above what's best for the football club. Think he's been quoted as (roughly) saying 'this is my club, I do what I want', and I think it's now pretty clear that's the case - either where his personal bias has bought a failing manager more time and money than should be expected (LJ) or here where it's the polar opposite with Nige.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

What’s been most telling for me is not poll results on OTIB - and there’s no reason to believe they’re not representative of the wider fan base - but the shocked reaction of neutrals, and it’s important to remember that they’re unlikely to be aware of the context of NP’s reign such as the drastically reduced wage bill, loss of AS and others, and other impacts NP had away from the actual results on the pitch.

• Like 6

• Admin
14 hours ago, Henry said:

If you’re to believe @phantom, Manning came down yesterday. Instead of meeting at the ground or training ground, they took me out for a Sunday lunch on the centre. Luckily, no City fans were dining.

City then booked out their own suite to do the media today, they kindly let some fans know. He quickly popped back to Oxford to take training though. 

Not long to wait now precious

Nice bit of twisting words above, and I'm sure those in the club will be sorry to hear the distress that this caused you by having to slightly delay things, but like the rest of us I'm quite sure nobody really cares what you think 

As always I look forward to your next pointless trolling of me :sub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

What’s been most telling for me is not poll results on OTIB - and there’s no reason to believe they’re not representative of the wider fan base - but the shocked reaction of neutrals, and it’s important to remember that they’re unlikely to be aware of the context of NP’s reign such as the drastically reduced wage bill, loss of AS and others, and other impacts NP had away from the actual results on the pitch.

I think a lot comes from the circles people are in as well.

I can say that a neutral I know from work was, at the start of the season, asking how long it would be before Pearson got sacked and that he'd need to have us fighting for promotion (I stress this is someone absolutely not ITK, and who doesn't follow anything below the prem particularly strongly- a Newcastle fan)

Another I know, semi neutral (city as a 2nd club) was probably the other side of the coin to me, I was no particularly strong feelings about NP, but more positive than negative, they were the same but more negative than positive.

A not insignificant amount of surprise from fans of other club could be put down to a couple of things.

1. We generally give managers a bit of time.

2. Perhaps their view of us being a smaller club at this level and so him doing a respectable job.

3. The ones that are aware of the cost cutting he had to do and so NP doing a respectable job in those circumstances. 

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 3