IGNORED

The best things Liam Manning didn't say

Marina's Rolls Royce

He definitely has a few LJs and MAs in his locker.

It'll be interesting to see how the fan base react to his post match interviews, especially if we haven't performed. 

We've got used to a man speaking to us in a considered well thought out way, with no 'Coach/ Corporate speech and terminology, saying it like it is. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

It'll be interesting to see how the fan base react to his post match interviews, especially if we haven't performed. 

We've got used to a man speaking to us in a considered well thought out way, with no 'Coach/ Corporate speech and terminology, saying it like it is. 

I do recall some annoyance with the ever present "we are where we are" 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I might avoid the first few until he settles in.
Nige definitely changed over time and became more considered , to just take a beat before reply. He didn't suffer fools, which is probably why he would just breath before answering . Most Managers are boring, I started to like Pearson & Flemming Pressers over time , so won't complain about Manning's early efforts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I might avoid the first few until he settles in.
Nige definitely changed over time and became more considered , to just take a beat before reply. He didn't suffer fools, which is probably why he would just breath before answering . Most Managers are boring, I started to like Pearson & Flemming Pressers over time , so won't complain about Manning's early efforts. 

Agree, way too early to judge him on interviews.

Especially the one where he addressed the players, to have to do that with a camera in the room would have been hard for a seasoned campaigner.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Yep, the “I’m very process driven” comment in his talk to the players made me cringe a little bit. 

• Like 1

Dare I say it, but his words reminded me very much of Sean O’Driscoll’s words. 

I don’t focus on outcomes, it’s the processes. 
Want to empower the players to make decisions on the pitch. 
Hard work is essential (Sod always spoke of the things that “are free”, effort, determination). 

• Like 2

Appreciate this is a thread aimed at what Manning didn't say, and this probably stood out like a sore thumb because NP was such a beacon of considered, articulate thoughts after the cliche bingo of LJ / MA - but in the few clips I've seen, I've already lost count of how many times he's said "the big bit" or variations thereof.

"The big bit for me is I want people to enjoy watching this time"

"The big bit is the playing group that's currently here"

"It starts with behaviours, that's the most important bit"

"That's the biggest bit, how you look at the weekend, win, lose or draw"

""Being open to learning, being coachable, I think that's the biggest bit"

"How we review sessions, how we review games, how we analyse everything... that's the biggest bit"

"The big bit is getting results and winning games"

But Liam, which of the big bits is the biggest!? 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, The Enormous Turnip said:

Appreciate this is a thread aimed at what Manning didn't say, and this probably stood out like a sore thumb because NP was such a beacon of considered, articulate thoughts after the cliche bingo of LJ / MA - but in the few clips I've seen, I've already lost count of how many times he's said "the big bit" or variations thereof.

"The big bit for me is I want people to enjoy watching this time"

"The big bit is the playing group that's currently here"

"It starts with behaviours, that's the most important bit"

"That's the biggest bit, how you look at the weekend, win, lose or draw"

""Being open to learning, being coachable, I think that's the biggest bit"

"How we review sessions, how we review games, how we analyse everything... that's the biggest bit"

"The big bit is getting results and winning games"

But Liam, which of the big bits is the biggest!? 

I've got the biggest bit of them all!

(Apologies to AC/DC)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Yep, the “I’m very process driven” comment in his talk to the players made me cringe a little bit. 

What he should be saying "right lads, no plan we are just going to **** around a bit and see what falls into place"? 

If course he's going to be process driven so Fleming, so is Euell, because if they don't ha e a process you get **** all out at the end of it. 

You think Nige didn't have processes in place,that were followed by his coaches and himself? 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1