IGNORED

Lansdown on Liam and “promotion”

Meh

I did look on here first and cannot see a link to this but if there is one then please merge/delete.

As expected he is rolling back a bit on promotion and based on comments I think we are actually on yet another longer term reset.

Judge for yourselves 🫤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We all know NP wasn't sacked for just footballing reasons if it all. 

This guys got a 3.5 year deal, he's going to get time beyond this season unless it's a disaster.

The aim remains the same but no deadline of this season...

“We don’t hide our ambition that we’re aiming for the Premier League. But you can also see from how we operate that we give our managers and our head coaches a good amount of time to try and achieve our objectives. Liam’s committing to us, and we’re committing to him. That’s kind of the basis for it.

“I don’t say it to put pressure on anyone else but that’s what we’re here for, right? That’s what we’re all aiming for so, at the same time, we’re not going to shy away from it. All the things we’ve done in recent years, and to get to where we get to is with that in mind. It’s not saying we’ve got to be here or this happens, that’s what we’re working towards.”

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gazred said:

We all know NP wasn't sacked for just footballing reasons if it all. 

This guys got a 3.5 year deal, he's going to get time beyond this season unless it's a disaster.

The aim remains the same but no deadline of this season...

“We don’t hide our ambition that we’re aiming for the Premier League. But you can also see from how we operate that we give our managers and our head coaches a good amount of time to try and achieve our objectives. Liam’s committing to us, and we’re committing to him. That’s kind of the basis for it.

“I don’t say it to put pressure on anyone else but that’s what we’re here for, right? That’s what we’re all aiming for so, at the same time, we’re not going to shy away from it. All the things we’ve done in recent years, and to get to where we get to is with that in mind. It’s not saying we’ve got to be here or this happens, that’s what we’re working towards.”

That's fair but he has to maintain and perhaps build on the current solid foundation IMO.

I doubt he is sacked in June unless if is a complete disaster but if we sharply regress or badly stagnate and show signs of slipping into regression then we have a problem.

Certainly fans will start to lose faith.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

JL certainly seemed to “cool” the requirement for top 6 and/or promotion which was ultimately why he said Nige was sacked.

If this doesn’t go to plan, it’s on JL and BT - Liam on a bit of a hiding to nothing, except for his long contract!

Glad we’ve appointed Nige’s replacement - let’s move on and get going again now, starting on Saturday 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's fair but he has to maintain and perhaps build on the current solid foundation IMO.

I doubt he is sacked in June unless if is a complete disaster but if we sharply regress or badly stagnate and show signs of slipping into regression then we have a problem.

Certainly fans will start to lose faith.

They will think that the solution to that problem is that he doesn't have his own players. So as he is their man, he'll be backed. We're then back to the LJ days in some ways. 

If this guy losses 10 in a row, he won't be sacked. History tells us that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

"We don’t hide our ambition that we’re aiming for the Premier League. But you can also see from how we operate that we give our managers and our head coaches a good amount of time to try and achieve our objectives. Liam’s committing to us, and we’re committing to him. That’s kind of the basis for it.

To summarise this rambling gibberish:

"I was lying in the interviews I did when we sacked Nigel."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packman said:

People may not like Lansdown and that's fine, but the amount of abuse he gets on here is a bit of a joke. 

Jon I don't like much. Steve has pumped millions into the club, totally different. I have a lot of respect for Steve. It's Jon that irks me.

What on earth has he ever done other than be the son of a very rich man? He's done nothing to deserve being a chairman of a Championship Football Club.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

JL is a scruffy sod. At least put a suit on if you are CEO and look a bit sharp

Funny old game.

The most despised people at BCFC were called 'suits' (i.e. Mark Ashton) yet when they don't wear one they become a scruffy sod or as someone else said "tramp".

Why not ignore the fact that they are too young, too old, too short, too fat or too anything visually and just say what you mean- you can't stand them whatever they wear, look like or say. 

• Like 4

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why not ignore the fact that they are too young, too old, too short, too fat or too anything visually and just say what you mean- you can't stand them whatever they wear, look like or say. 

If he spoke with any kind of authority id agree. However he looks as shit as he speaks. Press conference with a new manager wearing a crappy cardigan? Put a bit of effort in ffs

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If he spoke with any kind of authority id agree. However he looks as shit as he speaks. Press conference with a new manager wearing a crappy cardigan? Put a bit of effort in ffs

So you'd forgive him speaking sh1t if he wore a suit/looked sharp?

Fair point. I always forgave City losing 6 or 7 nil providing they wore lime and purple- and were looking sharp.

• Facepalm 1