IGNORED

Lansdown on Liam and “promotion”

Meh

4 hours ago, Meh said:

I did look on here first and cannot see a link to this but if there is one then please merge/delete.

As expected he is rolling back a bit on promotion and based on comments I think we are actually on yet another longer term reset.

Judge for yourselves 🫤

Worked it out ages ago. They didn’t want to give money to a manager who took Leicester up and who built the future Premier League champions (5000-1) against.

Smell the coffee? It’s about egos. You can’t instruct someone who has been there and done it to do something completely ‘Your way’ when your track record of success is poor.

It’s not rocket science.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

22 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The most despised people at BCFC were called 'suits' (i.e. Mark Ashton) yet when they don't wear one they become a scruffy sod or as someone else said "tramp".

Out of reactions otherwise I wouldn’t have quoted.

Despite I think us sharing polarising views on this week, and most definitely on JL, this is spot on. 

It’s not how they present. It’s how they perform. 

unfortunately JL’s performance is as bad as his shit clobber though. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Out of reactions otherwise I wouldn’t have quoted.

Despite I think us sharing polarising views on this week, and most definitely on JL, this is spot on. 

It’s not how they present. It’s how they perform. 

unfortunately JL’s performance is as bad as his shit clobber though. 

We politely agree to disagree on 'events'!

I've made it quite clear that I believe that JL would not be Chairman in any other parallel universe . 

However, his clobber/ cardy/ lack of suit is 100% irrelevant and just another stick to beat him with by those who can't think of a more intelligent comment. IMO ofcourse.

" It's how they perform"  ,as you say , that is key to everything and almost everything else is fluff.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Worked it out ages ago. They didn’t want to give money to a manager who took Leicester up and who built the future Premier League champions (5000-1) against.

Smell the coffee? It’s about egos. You can’t instruct someone who has been there and done it to do something completely ‘Your way’ when your track record of success is poor.

It’s not rocket science.

Perfectly put. SL obviously can’t work with people with strong characters who tell him how it is. He likes to surround himself with puppets and sycophants. His son is just his mouthpiece relaying his message (poorly) to the media and fans. I believe they have made a big mistake by detailing the reasons behind NP’s sacking. This should now be used as a yardstick to measure LM’s performance against. Should he fail to live up to their expectations he will have to be shown the door a la NP. All JL had to say was there was a disagreement between the two parties on how they viewed the way forward leading to a mutual parting of the ways. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Perfectly put. SL obviously can’t work with people with strong characters who tell him how it is. He likes to surround himself with puppets and sycophants. His son is just his mouthpiece relaying his message (poorly) to the media and fans. I believe they have made a big mistake by detailing the reasons behind NP’s sacking. This should now be used as a yardstick to measure LM’s performance against. Should he fail to live up to their expectations he will have to be shown the door a la NP. All JL had to say was there was a disagreement between the two parties on how they viewed the way forward leading to a mutual parting of the ways. 

Absolutely this. And all of that guff about Nige having to go because he couldn’t deliver promotion this season is shown up for what it is.

As others have already said, JL and BT will be measured against this stated aim and should get all the blame they deserve if this doesn’t happen given they made the changes. However it also puts Manning in a tough position as well, as the usual“honeymoon period” from fans for a new manager/coach could be very short if the team clearly starts going backwards.

The club hierarchy/owners may be tolerant of mediocrity but given what they have said, the fans have every right not to be so forgiving, and Manning would be directly in the firing line along with JL and BT.

• Like 3

What I find baffling in all this is :-

1. Why has none of the press got the balls to query his responses as we all know the real truth of why Nigel was sacked

2. Why did they not get rid of Nigel at the end of 22/23 season? He hasn’t bruised their egos in just the last few weeks, it has been over a long period so setting him up to fail this season by not giving him funds to strengthen this season is an insult to fans buying S/Ts, memberships etc. (under a fair presumption that we would have had a stronger squad to compete or certainly be better equipped than we are with some of the Scott funds being spent).

Edited by Meh
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

JL certainly seemed to “cool” the requirement for top 6 and/or promotion which was ultimately why he said Nige was sacked.

If this doesn’t go to plan, it’s on JL and BT - Liam on a bit of a hiding to nothing, except for his long contract!

Glad we’ve appointed Nige’s replacement - let’s move on and get going again now, starting on Saturday 

I just hope he cures our long term problem of so little movement off the ball (except for 5 mins after we score)

I would also hope for just a bit more entertainment as the product we have watched for some time has been pretty dull and we seem to almost score by mistake.

16 minutes ago, Meh said:

What I find baffling in all this is :-

1. Why has none of the press got the balls to query his responses as we all know the real truth of why Nigel was sacked

2. Why did they not get rid of Nigel at the end of 22/23 season? He hasn’t bruised their egos in just the last few weeks, it has been over a long period so setting him up to fail this season by not giving him funds to strengthen this season is an insult to fans buying S/Ts, memberships etc. (under a fair presumption that we would have had a stronger squad to compete or certainly be better equipped than we are with some of the Scott funds being spent).

I suspect that they have been waiting for a window where they could argue that NP was failing. To me there really is no other logical explanation. Can you image it, the board of an organisation, starving it of funds in the hope that the manager fails so they have an excuse to fire him? It is almost beyond belief, but unfortunately I can find no better explanation. It is why I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that the board are unfit for the role. 

• Like 3