IGNORED

Robins TV termination email

Jerseybean

Anybody else received this?

As you requested, your 22/23 | Live Video | Annual Pass | £170 has been terminated with immediate effect because expired pass - please sign up for the 23/24 season pass.

If you have need any further assistance or support, please get in touch with us.

Kind regards the Bristol Sport Team

NB I have not requested to terminate my subscription and usually get a renewal reminder!

what date did you set up last (prev) season? - ie is this 12 months from when you set it up? (i know it's prob not that, but just asking)

and did you renew in this last close season?

they have had issues with the refunds that caused a lot of shite to happen, but not seen this - smells like more of the same incompetence i'm afraid.

9 minutes ago, Antman said:

what date did you set up last (prev) season? - ie is this 12 months from when you set it up? (i know it's prob not that, but just asking)

and did you renew in this last close season?

they have had issues with the refunds that caused a lot of shite to happen, but not seen this - smells like more of the same incompetence i'm afraid.

Thanks Antman

I set it up last Nov for a year.

Have just spotted a further email which has been prompted by me asking for a refund for the two unwatchable games…

See below 

My response: Thank you for your email

I believe my subscription was valid for 12 months from  27 Nov 2022 to 27 Nov 2023 so should still be valid and I should be due a refund for the matches which were unwatchable during this period.

Please can you explain why it has been terminated as usually I receive a renewal reminder and arrange the refunds which I have previously been informed were in hand 

Thank you 

Best

Steve

On 8 Nov 2023, at 13:50, D Marshall <bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com> wrote:

HI, 

We cannot issue any refunds against the pass on your account as this was last season pass. 

22/23 | Live Video | Annual Pass | £170 

This is set to renew Mon 27 Nov 2023 19:19 PM but you should not have had access to any streams within this pass, if you have then this is an error as this pass was only meant for the 22/23 Season and not the 23/24 season. 

Based on this, I will be cancelling this pass with immediate effect and to regain access to the 23/24 season games, you will need to purchase this pass moving forward 

• Facepalm 1

That doesn't sound right. I've used last seasons pass up until the early bird offer which expired 1st Sept. Depending on when you signed up, it can carry past the seasons start and i even watched pre season games from last years pass.

The very definition of annual is once a year, where as 2 seperate seasons start and finish in that year.

I'd push back, they gave me 2 matches refunded to the sum of £7 something against my season pass when RTV was unwatchable against Leicester and Stoke.

Edited by Gazred
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Thanks Antman

Have just spotted a further email which has been prompted by me asking for a refund for the two unwatchable games…

See below 

I believe my subscription was valid for 12 months from  27 Nov 2022 to 27 Nov 2023 so should still be valid and I should be due a refund for the matches which were unwatchable during this period.

Please can you explain why it has been terminated as usually I receive a renewal reminder and arrange the refunds which I have previously been informed were in hand 

Thank you 

Best

Steve

HI, 

We cannot issue any refunds against the pass on your account as this was last season pass. 

This is set to renew Mon 27 Nov 2023 19:19 PM but you should not have had access to any streams within this pass, if you have then this is an error as this pass was only meant for the 22/23 Season and not the 23/24 season. 

Based on this, I will be cancelling this pass with immediate effect and to regain access to the 23/24 season games, you will need to purchase this pass moving forward 

Wow. Obs I agree with @Gazred comments.

They've set the annual pass to operate on a 12 month basis, and even quoted the expiry date to you. Then get confused about how the product operates.

If it was a true 'season pass' then it would've had an appropriate end date (eg May 2023), no matter when you started it.

This must be absolutely infuriating.

• Like 2

Can anybody make sense of this please?

NB need to read the email trail from bottom to top.

Me

This is nonsensical, you say below ‘it expires in November’ an annual pass runs for a year, that’s what annual means and always has done. 

Can we have a chat, what number can I reach you on please?

Robins TV

While your pass expires in November it is only valid for the 2022/2023 season. 

Me

Thank you for your email, however, that is incorrect my annual pass runs until 27 Nov this year. Here is the transaction as per my account, 

28 Nov 22 00:08

22/23 | Live Video | Annual Pass | £170 27 Nov 2022 to 27 Nov 2023

£170.00

Robins TV

Your pass was an expired pass and was not valid for 22/23 season. 

Me

This makes no sense. I have an annual subscription taken out on 28 Nov 2022 which runs until 27 Nov 2023. Please can you reinstate me immediately or explain why my annual subscription has been terminated early.

Thank you 

More of the same unfortunately. I had untold issues last season between games not being available and when they were the quality being poor or no sound etc. I would much rather have paid bcfc to watch this but have opted for IPTV going forward 

• Like 2

Any help greatly appreciated please with the questions below.

As per this thread I have had my Robins TV subscription terminated for reasons I do not understand.

I therefore am trying to buy a pass to watch this afternoons game, however, all i can access is an audio pass.

1. Is there anyway of getting a Robins TV pass for watching the game today? If so how? 
2. If Robins TV isn’t an option are there any alternatives for watching the match from overseas today?

Thank you in anticipation.

11 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

As per this thread I have had my Robins TV subscription terminated for reasons I do not understand.

I therefore am trying to buy a pass to watch this afternoons game, however, all i can access is an audio pass.

1. Is there anyway of getting a Robins TV pass for watching the game today? If so how? 
2. If Robins TV isn’t an option are there any alternatives for watching the match from overseas today?

You'll need a VPN and connect from say Germany or France, then when you log in you should see the pass for todays game.

This one works fine, never let me down yet. If you register your email address you'll get more free data which can normally cover a few weeks worth of matches.

https://windscribe.com/

If you check the MDT nearer kick off there should be should streaming links shared, i'll try and post one myself.

• Like 2

@Jerseybean do they think you are on a UK IP I wonder? Can you run a free VPN and check?

Also I looked at their terms and conditions, and apart from being out of date, referring to the EU for dispute resolution, and quoting wanderstv@streamAMG at one point, it is pretty clear (as you know) yhat the contact at StreamAMG is talking rubbish.

The T& C s state, your contract is with BCFC, and is subject to English law.

I would contact the club and refer to the email chain, and tell them to sort it, or you're going to court for restitution. (I'm assuming you aren't in the UK, otherwise you'd be violating Ts & Cs running a VPN, and will be best advised to suck it up  and "go again'.)

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Did you have your VPN on when you tried to buy video? It will only offer audio if you’re in the UK

55 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

@Jerseybean do they think you are on a UK IP I wonder? Can you run a free VPN and check?

Also I looked at their terms and conditions, and apart from being out of date, referring to the EU for dispute resolution, and quoting wanderstv@streamAMG at one point, it is pretty clear (as you know) yhat the contact at StreamAMG is talking rubbish.

The T& C s state, your contract is with BCFC, and is subject to English law.

I would contact the club and refer to the email chain, and tell them to sort it, or you're going to court for restitution. (I'm assuming you aren't in the UK, otherwise you'd be violating Ts & Cs running a VPN, and will be best advised to suck it up  and "go again'.)

Thanks, I’m not in the U.K. and have emailed them several times! It clearly says Exclusive access to the Robins TV Live Video for one year when you subscribe 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Thanks, I’m not in the U.K. and have emailed them several times! It clearly says Exclusive access to the Robins TV Live Video for one year when you subscribe 

Complete nonsense I have just resubscribed and despite saying you get one years access it says on my renewal it expires on 11 Sept  2024 which certainly ain’t a year! 

On 08/11/2023 at 23:11, Jerseybean said:

Thanks Antman

See below 

Thank you 

Best

Steve

HI, 

Thank god you are not the only one having trouble with amg…they cancelled our season pass in sept without telling us having taken 23/24 subs in Aug .Then took another subscription in Oct which was cancelled when we asked for a refund for the Stoke.Try talking to them is impossible .We missed 5 games before it was sorted with no apology or refund for games missed……………

ing 

Credit where it is due.  I emailed our SLO who responded swiftly and said that Lisa Knights would investigate, she contacted me promptly and invited a phone conversation, so she could understand the three issues I had. I have since had emails apologising and confirming that they would rectifying things. 

• Like 5