IGNORED

The colour blue

SecretSam

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

Not me personally, but I do know one of the blue few who refuses to get anything red, refuses to shop in Sainsburys (because it was all their fault why they haven't got a new Stadium), and he also refused to go to Ashton Gate for his Covid jab! Nuts

I know one like that, had a right go at another Gashead that had a red van 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Being colourblind means the "purple" kits that we have tend to look blue, so in my world we've worn it as a kit on a few occasions.

also colourblind. I think the two worst colours to distinguish are green and red... which makes an Ireland v Wales match almost impossible to watch as the colours are indistinguishable. Similarly if I look at a wiring loom I see the colour grey ONLY. EVERYTHING merges to grey. The colour blue is a standout colour for me, and I once watched a documentary which explained that colour blind people see the colour blue first and make sense of everything around that. It sort of made sense but I'm not sure how accurate that is. 

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

makes an Ireland v Wales match almost impossible to watch.

Haha tell me about it!

But for me it's purple/blue that I get confused all the time. Don't see the red element of the purple and so purple frankly doesn't exist for me.

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

The colour blue is a standout colour for me, and I once watched a documentary which explained that colour blind people see the colour blue first and make sense of everything around that. It sort of made sense but I'm not sure how accurate that is. 

That's really interesting and is something new to me. You don't remember the documentary do you?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Haha tell me about it!

But for me it's purple/blue that I get confused all the time. Don't see the red element of the purple and so purple frankly doesn't exist for me.

That's really interesting and is something new to me. You don't remember the documentary do you?

PMd ya

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Weird question, but hey: does anyone else avoid buying things that are blue - I'm talking cars, etc. - for example, I simply won't buy a blue car. Partly because I owned an unreliable POS that happened to be blue, but also because...well, you know.

I didn't want anything blue, or even navy blue when I got married. Despite a few attempts for me to at least try; it was a firm no.

My now wife actually assumed it was because of the Tory's. She was even more wtf when i explained it was football related. 

Blue in every day life, it's just another colour. Though as a child and teenager i did hate the colour 😂

• Haha 1

I'm fine with the colour blue because I am very nearly a mature adult.

That way I can look down on an ignorant petty child like Ian Holloway who says he would never buy a red car, won't sit in a red chair, banned red cars from Bristol Rovers' training ground.

What an utter prat he is.

"I remember meeting him years ago, when he'd just taken over as manager at Bristol Rovers," says Steve Tongue, this newspaper's football correspondent. "I was early and I sat down to wait for him in his office. When he arrived, he made me exchange chairs with him because mine was blue and his was red [the colour of loathed rivals Bristol City]."

Holloway also banned red vehicles from the training ground.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/ian-holloway-in-a-league-of-his-own-324844.html

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm fine with the colour blue because I am very nearly a mature adult.

That way I can look down on an ignorant petty child like Ian Holloway who says he would never buy a red car, won't sit in a red chair, banned red cars from Bristol Rovers' training ground.

What an utter prat he is.

"I remember meeting him years ago, when he'd just taken over as manager at Bristol Rovers," says Steve Tongue, this newspaper's football correspondent. "I was early and I sat down to wait for him in his office. When he arrived, he made me exchange chairs with him because mine was blue and his was red [the colour of loathed rivals Bristol City]."

Holloway also banned red vehicles from the training ground.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/ian-holloway-in-a-league-of-his-own-324844.html

And also said the only good city fan is one who's dead

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Not that blue.

And neither do you. 

Or them mates you hang around with in black but never that blue. 

I don’t hang around with anyone in black? 
I assume you may be referring to the Section 82 lads? If so, I’ve been in the family stand for 5 years and haven’t been hanging around with them since 2018-19 season, so I’m still unsure what that’s supposed to mean? 

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t hang around with anyone in black? 
I assume you may be referring to the Section 82 lads? If so, I’ve been in the family stand for 5 years and haven’t been hanging around with them since 2018-19 season, so I’m still unsure what that’s supposed to mean? 

Reckon somebody remembers who you did hang around with. From the Miners, Lions, Masonic and Spanish their still looking a bit dark with a lot less on top in some cases.

9 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Weird question, but hey: does anyone else avoid buying things that are blue - I'm talking cars, etc. - for example, I simply won't buy a blue car. Partly because I owned an unreliable POS that happened to be blue, but also because...well, you know.

No blue cars,ever,no blue polo shirts,t-shirts,shorts,in fact I avoid anything that resembles what I call Gas blue.