IGNORED

The colour blue

SecretSam

While we’re on the subject, I’m still not over the fact that the squad is wearing sky blue everything all the time. Despite club colours being red and white, the away kit being black and the third kit being yellow. It makes no sense at all.

You wouldn’t guess this was Bristol City in a million years if you didn’t know. Sooner we get rid of Oneil the better.

2E33A338-2ADC-42ED-BD92-76C469A1C7DC.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I struggle with BMW

9 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

I’d never buy a bmw. 

I never have had a BMW & never plan too... but if I ever did, I'd have to get the badge ceramically changed to at least Red & White (I've seen a few other people do something along the lines of that)

However - my first aim is to never be enough of an ignorant tosser to justify being behind the wheel of a BMW...!

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I never have had a BMW & never plan too... but if I ever did, I'd have to get the badge ceramically changed to at least Red & White (I've seen a few other people do something along the lines of that)

However - my first aim is to never be enough of an ignorant tosser to justify being behind the wheel of a BMW...!

Yeah, but you'd never have to bother using your indicators again.

• Like 1

I was in the shell garage on York Rd (by Fowlers) once, a guy infront of me asked to buy a lighter, so the young girl serving reached back and picked out of the box and handed to him. He started raging at the girl who looked completely lost and confused "I'm bit having that, I can't have that, I've never owned any red ever, get me another one, any colour other than red" She handed him another and he walked out muttering under his breath.

Poor girl looked completely lost until I explained the guy was a Bristol Rovers fan (he had a quarters pin on his coat) and that he couldn't have a red lighter because City played in red. She shrugged her shoulders and asked "all that over sport? What a weirdo". 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Never crosses my mind .

I would never buy a quartered shirt, specially in that horrible blue, but it's not like 'they' are much more than an after thought.   

Even as a chap who’s well past 50 I still can’t help myself when I’m in a car or out shopping and I see those horrible quarters or something with that stupid pirate badge on it I do my spit the dog impression , sad I know just can’t help it 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I removed my gas boiler' 😂

21 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

And my dog Rover is long gone 💀

I hope that Rover wasn't a Corgi.  Using a dodgy gas engineer to remove your boiler would have been quite frankly fool-hardy..

But then again, getting a dog to remove your gas boiler would have been madness.  What was I thinking?  

Edited by Vespa Red
  • Haha 1

Not bothered about blue, but I wouldn't have blue and white together. As others have mentioned blue toothbrushes in a pack are binned. I do have coloured clothes pegs and when I hang the washing out blue and white can never be on the same garment 🤣

20 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm fine with the colour blue because I am very nearly a mature adult.

That way I can look down on an ignorant petty child like Ian Holloway who says he would never buy a red car, won't sit in a red chair, banned red cars from Bristol Rovers' training ground.

What an utter prat he is.

"I remember meeting him years ago, when he'd just taken over as manager at Bristol Rovers," says Steve Tongue, this newspaper's football correspondent. "I was early and I sat down to wait for him in his office. When he arrived, he made me exchange chairs with him because mine was blue and his was red [the colour of loathed rivals Bristol City]."

Holloway also banned red vehicles from the training ground.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/ian-holloway-in-a-league-of-his-own-324844.html

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Holloway played for Brentford, who wore red and white, abondoned his principles what a hypocrite 

Exactly. It’s just attention seeking. 
As per the story above - the story is based in Holloway’s own office.  If he was that bothered, why would he even have a red chair in his own office anyway. 
Answer - he didn’t. It’s bullshit attention seeking. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Buy one of these then.

The  Bristol 403

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/11/2023 at 08:22, TheReds said:

Not me personally, but I do know one of the blue few who refuses to get anything red, refuses to shop in Sainsburys (because it was all their fault why they haven't got a new Stadium), and he also refused to go to Ashton Gate for his Covid jab! Nuts

Has he stopped eating fruit?

• Haha 1

A lot would be triggered by the training jackets the players were wearing on those training videos this week (more of a turquoise though I thought).

I wear quite a lot of navy blue clothes and don't associate that with Rovers, and funnily enough I don't like wearing red despite the fact its our colours (its too conspicuous for one who likes to keep a low profile)

On 10/11/2023 at 07:52, RedM said:

Not bothered about blue, but I wouldn't have blue and white together. As others have mentioned blue toothbrushes in a pack are binned. I do have coloured clothes pegs and when I hang the washing out blue and white can never be on the same garment 🤣

I mean, that's next level weird...

25 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I mean, that's next level weird...

Yup, I know! It's like a habit I started years ago and it's like a superstition now I don't dare to break * 😄

*I do realise what colour pegs are together doesn't in any way affect results on the pitch, but hey people have lucky pants etc don't they 🤣