IGNORED

Blackburn away...

Steve Watts

I've got to make an office visit in December to sunny Wigan (I get all the glamourous trips!)...  I always travel up the day before, which just so happens to be the day we face Blackburn away.  I was thinking of going to Ewood Park given it's only a short train ride from Wigan, but it looks as though there are no trains that would get me back there after the match.

Is anyone driving up who would be willing to drop me back to Wigan on the way home after the match at all?  Will obviously chuck some money in for the motion lotion.

11 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I've got to make an office visit in December to sunny Wigan (I get all the glamourous trips!)...  I always travel up the day before, which just so happens to be the day we face Blackburn away.  I was thinking of going to Ewood Park given it's only a short train ride from Wigan, but it looks as though there are no trains that would get me back there after the match.

Is anyone driving up who would be willing to drop me back to Wigan on the way home after the match at all?  Will obviously chuck some money in for the motion lotion.

Do you need to stay in Wigan? How about a hotel convenient to Ewood PK, then get a train to work from Blackburn to Wigan in the morning when trains are more plentiful. ie there is a train leaving B'burn at 7.23 getting to Wigan at 8.13 change Preston.

Or stay in Preston - bus/train to Blackburn & back for the match - easy direct train to Wigan in the morning.

• Like 1

Been very impressed with them tonight. Preston have looked good too.  Szmodics at heart of everything. Another LJ master stroke. 

As I type Preston score. 

Must say been very very impressed with the referee.

Edited by Jose

34 minutes ago, eardun said:

Still baffling how it didn’t work out for him with us. 

Had to check but he was only handed 4 starts by LJ , I get some signings don't work out but he didn't seem to get many chances.....having said that he didn't look any way near the player we're seeing play for Blackburn.  He seemed to be a victim of the clubs in the bag policy as we just had too many clubs and LJ only too willing to chop and change them every week .

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

3 hours to travel between two places 25 miles apart. God bless British public transport. 

And therein lies my problem... There's no way I make it into work the following day!

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Do you need to stay in Wigan? How about a hotel convenient to Ewood PK, then get a train to work from Blackburn to Wigan in the morning when trains are more plentiful. ie there is a train leaving B'burn at 7.23 getting to Wigan at 8.13 change Preston.

Or stay in Preston - bus/train to Blackburn & back for the match - easy direct train to Wigan in the morning.

I do. Work use one hotel and one hotel only, so sadly my only three options are a taxi at £40 plus, getting back to the hotel 3.5 his after the match ends, or finding someone who's driving and doesn't mind dropping me off on the way home. 

The first two are non starters, so it's a case of "Help me OTIB Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"!

The only thing I would say about Szmodics and our loss is very much Blackburn's gain, that of Peterborough too.

Sometimes it can take players time or different paths to develop. It's a real shame we didn't see much of him but perhaps he leapt a bit early, needed to come back up with Peterborough in League One and then the Championship and off to Blackburn.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The only thing I would say about Szmodics and our loss is very much Blackburn's gain, that of Peterborough too.

Sometimes it can take players time or different paths to develop. It's a real shame we didn't see much of him but perhaps he leapt a bit early, needed to come back up with Peterborough in League One and then the Championship and off to Blackburn.

Szmodics would have been very much 'on the bus' i feel if Pearson would have had him under his tenure..

A shame as he is clearly showing he is more than capable at this level, he was probably ready in 2020 but like you said never given the opportunity or that arm around his shoulder. Just another club in the bag that got tossed to one side by LJ..

9 hours ago, Jose said:

Been very impressed with them tonight. Preston have looked good too.  Szmodics at heart of everything. Another LJ master stroke. 

As I type Preston score. 

Must say been very very impressed with the referee.

A well battled performance from Preston it's seems they will be getting TIME OFF during the international break .. Shock F****** horror!!

5 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Watched him on numerous occasions up at SGS, scored some cracking goals & was obvious to me he was talented  & had an eye- was very frustrating that he was ignored & remember saying so on here at the time.

Good old Lee!!

I agree he didn’t have much of a chance although when I did see him play he seemed totally lost and out of his depth. I guess it was just too early for him or he was lacking the confidence that he clearly now has. 

1 hour ago, eardun said:

I agree he didn’t have much of a chance although when I did see him play he seemed totally lost and out of his depth. I guess it was just too early for him or he was lacking the confidence that he clearly now has. 

I saw him twice for the U23s and he was , what he is now , a duracell livewire with the quickest feet and hardworking - he looked a real X factor and I was shocked when we moved him on.

When he wasn’t getting a look in I messaged him on Social Media telling him to keep his head up as he clearly had the drive and ability to push on , possibly to the prem

Serious misjudgement 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

11 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

And therein lies my problem... There's no way I make it into work the following day!

I do. Work use one hotel and one hotel only, so sadly my only three options are a taxi at £40 plus, getting back to the hotel 3.5 his after the match ends, or finding someone who's driving and doesn't mind dropping me off on the way home. 

The first two are non starters, so it's a case of "Help me OTIB Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"!

Worth posting on the blackburn forum? More likely to be local fans making the trip (although they might ditch you if we win 😆)

14 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I saw him twice for the U23s and he was , what he is now , a duracell livewire with the quickest feet and hardworking - he looked a real X factor and I was shocked when we moved him on.

When he wasn’t getting a look in I messaged him on Social Media telling him to keep his head up as he clearly had the drive and ability to push on , possibly to the prem

Serious misjudgement 

#Feelingsupersonicgivemesammieszmodics 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Serious misjudgement 

He was one of the best players in the squad in Tampa in July. Honestly he was up there with Brownhill and Webster and I was really excited to watch him develop with us. 

My heart honestly sank when we then made Palmer permanent at the start of August. Palmer had offered so little in the loan period but the club/LJ/Ashton I don't know who got blinded by the lights there.

Szmodics really is the one that got away in the past few years.

• Like 3

LJ made it pretty clear he didn't want to sign Sammie when he said he had to be persuaded by his numbers. Hence giving him little game time.

Having seen some of him playing for Colchester I thought he looked an ideal replacement for Bobby Reid. Not to mention a future signing for Bournemouth.😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

LJ made it pretty clear he didn't want to sign Sammie when he said he had to be persuaded by his numbers. Hence giving him little game time.

Having seen some of him playing for Colchester I thought he looked an ideal replacement for Bobby Reid. Not to mention a future signing for Bournemouth.😇

I guess Szmodics is having the last laugh now isn't he.

I'm pleased for him. He went back down to L1, did the graft, put the numbers down, and is now working under a top coach/manager and right now is on his way to a spot in the EFL team of the season I reckon.

• Like 2