IGNORED

Myths, Learnings, Lansdowns, Manning and more

The Exiled Robin

20 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

I find the incompetence of these people, given the power they wield, depressing and terrifying in equal measure. I’ve said my piece on Pearson at considerable length while the debate was raging and I’m done with that now, but the wider organisational issues are here to stay and a massive cause for concern.

Excellent post! And this is where I find myself. Down the years I have invested a considerable amount of emotional energy in supporting City, my moods have risen and fallen....and fallen...and fallen...with their fortunes. I ask myself why on earth I'm putting my happiness in the hands of such numpties. Yesterday I was working and didn't remember we were even playing until the match was over. Clearly saved myself a degree of frustration! Pity, because when it's good its great, but for now I'll let the Lansdowns crack on without letting it bother me too much.

• Like 1

It is likely that being a regular Championship club losses would have been incurred, plus the infrastructure costs.

However people do need to look at Cash Flow not Profit and Loss for a proper analysis. Championship football is an expensive business, infrastructure too but at the same time yeah less mistakes less cost.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is likely that being a regular Championship club losses would have been incurred, plus the infrastructure costs.

However people do need to look at Cash Flow not Profit and Loss for a proper analysis. Championship football is an expensive business, infrastructure too but at the same time yeah less mistakes less cost.

Agree, and whilst we will always have people owing us money, the cash does come in…should really just be covering the lag.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 11:26, Street red said:

This sticking up for the Lansdowns and covering the loses every season well if they had it right and not gone fall metal on spending they wouldn't have to also to separate the ground from the football club is another pathetic decision. Yes they do deserve criticism massively. Over and over theyve done the same mistake let's just hope this isn't another bad decision. 

I never said they didn’t deserve criticism. I said they didn’t deserve personal abuse and, regardless of decisions we might criticise, they have still done a huge amount of good for the club 

• Like 3

Just now, The Exiled Robin said:

I never said they didn’t deserve criticism. I said they didn’t deserve personal abuse and, regardless of decisions we might criticise, they have still done a huge amount of good for the club 

They certainly don’t deserve personal abuse.

I’m now at the point though where the “huge amount” just relates to the infrastructure & very little else.

I’m also completely embarrassed by the person who is our chairman, he’s a singularity unimpressive individual who would clearly never be in post if he wasn’t the owner’s son.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, tin said:

When you add into the pot things like the BS bots coming on here to try an influence matters and it takes the piss IMO. I could go on and on but in short the sooner they go, the better. 

Even though they've been outed, they continue to deny and persist.

Unfortunately, as they're the counter-offensive, I think they're here to stay.

That's not to deny there are some genuine fans on here who back the Lansdowns and T'Onion.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2023 at 00:10, The Exiled Robin said:
Ahead of the new Liam Manning era, some personal thoughts on the events of the last couple of weeks at Bristol City...quite a lot has happened!
All thoughts/replies welcome - thanks guys

Can only repeat the comment from WarksRobin, that it's a really well written piece, and I agree with pretty much all of it.

👍