IGNORED

Nahki Wells

old_eastender

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have just realised who you are.

I thought your style and content reminded me of somebody else, thought how strange it was that I hadn’t seen him post for a while as he is usually quite prolific, and then Bingo!

My Eurêka moment, if you like.

Just a name change, prompted by some abuse from a poster, and Silvio’s artwork!

26 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Nige got back to form, after leaving him on the bench to rot while making us put up with Chris Martin.

Think Wells worked his way back in to the team on his own merit, and professionally went about it.

If I’m not mistaken, Wells started getting his minutes ramped up once Euell came onto the coaching staff.

Thanks Jas.

Leaving him to rot or going with a “front three” that scored 42 goals and 28 assists between them?  We hardly put up with Chris Martin’s 12 goals and 8 assists did we?  He was a fundamental part of WSM in 21/22.  Last season his legs started to go.

Short memories? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4

Just now, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Just a name change, prompted by some abuse from a poster, and Silvio’s artwork!

Leaving him to rot or going with a “front three” that scored 42 goals and 28 assists between them?  We hardly put up with Chris Martin’s 12 goals and 8 assists did we?  He was a fundamental part of WSM in 21/22.  Last season his legs started to go.

Short memories? 🤷🏻‍♂️

His legs were gone in that season as well by what it looked like. Scoring 12 goals being a main striker isn’t anything special.

How many of those goals came from weimann having the season of his life and Semenyo being…well…Semenyo. And both of them garnering most of the defensive attention on the scouting report.

All good saying how much CM contributed, but I think it’s obvious Wells in trio would of been a lot better over the season.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

His legs were gone in that season as well by what it looked like. Scoring 12 goals being a main striker isn’t anything special.

How many of those goals came from weimann having the season of his life and Semenyo being…well…Semenyo. And both of them garnering most of the defensive attention on the scouting report.

All good saying how much CM contributed, but I think it’s obvious Wells in trio would of been a lot better over the season.

It was “so obvious”. 🤣🤣🤣

Imagine not thinking 12 goals and 8 assists isn’t anything special.  It was a good return as part of a team effort to allow Andi Weimann the season of his life. 😮😮😮

Martin didn’t need legs in that three, he needed his bit fat arse and his physicality and touch, because between the three of WSM they had a good blend of power, physicality, pace and movement.  Remove one piece of the jigsaw, etc, etc.

And that’s what happened at the start of last season, Semenyo missed the opening 6 games of the season, Martin became ineffective over time as Conway and Wells started to emerge as a valid combo.  Antoine on his return initially, missed Martin taking the brunt of physical CBs, and the team evolved.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

It was “so obvious”. 🤣🤣🤣

Imagine not thinking 12 goals and 8 assists isn’t anything special.  It was a good return as part of a team effort to allow Andi Weimann the season of his life. 😮😮😮

Martin didn’t need legs in that three, he needed his bit fat arse and his physicality and touch, because between the three of WSM they had a good blend of power, physicality, pace and movement.  Remove one piece of the jigsaw, etc, etc.

And that’s what happened at the start of last season, Semenyo missed the opening 6 games of the season, Martin became ineffective over time as Conway and Wells started to emerge as a valid combo.  Antoine on his return initially, missed Martin taking the brunt of physical CBs, and the team evolved.

Dave I won’t put massive paragraphs like you, I’ll simply ask a simple yes or no question.

If City signed a striker now, not a versatile forward a pure number 9, and he had 12 and 6 in 45 games. Would there be moaning and utter madness on this forum about the recruitment?

Edit: that was his best season since 2016 😂

Edited by UncleRed
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Dave I won’t put massive paragraphs like you, I’ll simply ask a simple yes or no question.

If City signed a striker now, not a versatile forward a pure number 9, and he had 12 and 6 in 45 games. Would there be moaning and utter madness on this forum about the recruitment?

No.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

image.png.ea4ebef55f732ad30f3fca703359b1cc.png

(All other OTIBers - I like Nahki Wells, have done since he was at Bradford)

You’re implying that I think wells is a god send and the final answer, which I haven’t said. All I’ve said his wells is a better footballer than Chris Martin.

@ me next time don’t go all shy now Dave.

People on here love to jump to conclusions don’t they.

Edited by UncleRed

7 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

You’re implying that I think wells is a god send and the final answer, which I haven’t said. All I’ve said his wells is a better footballer than Chris Martin.

@ me next time don’t go all shy now Dave.

People on here love to jump to conclusions don’t they.

Full of yourself aren’t you?

You we’re the one who said about Wells and how obvious it was

You like to move goalposts. Didn’t know what your latest rules for posting were.

That post was for the benefit of otib as believe it or not it’s not all about you.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Full of yourself aren’t you? Hypocrite

You we’re the one who said about Wells and how obvious it was kind of irrelevant, still didn’t mention Wells is our final answer just he was and is a better player in every facet of the game. Hence would obviously be better.

You like to move goalposts. Didn’t know what your latest rules for posting were. Believe it or not my views stay the same, I don’t criticise or treat people differently based on if we share the same opinions

That post was for the benefit of otib as believe it or not it’s not all about you. Think it was obvious it was for me, that was why your post was in brackets when referring to OTIBers

Fight fire with fire Dave, treat people how they treat myself and others. But respectfully in boundaries.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

So you were annoyed that his post with Nahki Wells stats wasn't clearly directed at you, and then he says that his post with Nahki Wells stats was for the whole thread (in a thread about Nahki Wells!) and then you are annoyed because it obviously was directed at you!   😂

It’s quite difficult to retain a consistent approach to a discussion with you.

It appears that some posters resent paragraphs now, I kinda got why some resent some numbers.

And why would anyone’s views stay fixed and not be at least open to change through debate and discussion and seeing someone else’s views on a given subject?

Why not tell us why you think Nahki is better as both an individual but more importantly in that team in 21/22?  Rather than shut it down with “I’m right you’re wrong”.  Educate me and otib?

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Prefer Naismith as a midfield distributer to be honest than in the back line. 

I definitely don't think playing one man up front works with any of the strikers we have at the club. 

I like Naismith as a midfielder but I just can’t work out what I think a good formation with Naismith in midfield and two up-front looks like, with the players we currently have fit. 

9 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

So you were annoyed that his post with Nahki Wells stats wasn't clearly directed at you, and then he says that his post with Nahki Wells stats was for the whole thread (in a thread about Nahki Wells!) and then you are annoyed because it obviously was directed at you!   😂

Who said I’m annoyed? Just saying tag me when talking to me and converse with me, what he did was like looking down at the floor whilst talking 👀

Who said I’m annoyed? Just saying tag me when talking to me and converse with me, what he did was like looking down at the floor whilst talking 👀

I wasn’t talking to you, I was talking to otib.

And FWIW I can add any posts I like in continuity on a thread with or without having to tag you, even if it’s responding or not to a point you made.

11 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

It’s quite difficult to retain a consistent approach to a discussion with you.

It appears that some posters resent paragraphs now, I kinda got why some resent some numbers.

And why would anyone’s views stay fixed and not be at least open to change through debate and discussion and seeing someone else’s views on a given subject?

Why not tell us why you think Nahki is better as both an individual but more importantly in that team in 21/22?  Rather than shut it down with “I’m right you’re wrong”.  Educate me and otib?

I don’t resent paragraphs Dave.

Sorry Dave I meant my views on people, when it comes to talking about the way people are treated on here when their opinions don’t concur with with the “big hitters”.

I’ve had plenty of friendly and respectful debates on here with people, whether our opinions are the same or not. Sometimes sarcasm and humour both ways, but never name calling or disrespect in any manner.

There really isn’t much to debate between NW and CM is there? One thing I might say about CM and his best quality, is that when he gets a clear chance middle of the goal, he finds the net. But going by 12 in 45 I might be wrong on that 😂

“Educate me and OTIB”

Full of your self aye Dave?

Wrong again. I love a good discussion and debate.  It’s why I post a lot, it’s why I like a lot of posts too.

Why would you not want to discuss your reasons for why Wells might be better than Martin in that 21/22 set up?

Why would you try to belittle my thoughts and reasons?

Feel free to DM me if you like.  Pretty amiable guy as several on here have found out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Wrong again. I love a good discussion and debate.  It’s why I post a lot, it’s why I like a lot of posts too.

Why would you not want to discuss your reasons for why Wells might be better than Martin in that 21/22 set up?

Why would you try to belittle my thoughts and reasons?

Feel free to DM me if you like.  Pretty amiable guy as several on here have found out.

Where did I say you don’t like discussion and debate? How am I wrong?

Maybe debating wells vs Martin in 21/22 is a waste of time and there’s enough of the repetitive drivel, like this.

I haven’t tried to belittle your thoughts and opinions. Also Dave I’ve been told about the times you’ve belittled people especially those that are new or have a smaller voice on here. By more than a few people. I’ve been shown the conversation(s) and what was said. So don’t go being a hypocrite again.

All this started by one person giving NP the credit for a senior players turn around in form. How disrespectful to the said player. Swear NP always praised Wells for his commitment and attitude, more just a change in personnel than a change in form I think.

EDIT: just noticed you haven’t been tagging or quoting since the wells stats, and once again I must say

Full of yourself aye Dave.

Edited by UncleRed

1 hour ago, UncleRed said:

Not sure what your point is about goals and assists is, as there are so many mitigating factors involved. For context Martin's numbers were similar to Brereton Diaz at Blackburn the following season. Not sure too many would have complained if we had bought him as a replacement.

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not sure what your point is about goals and assists is, as there are so many mitigating factors involved. For context Martin's numbers were similar to Brereton Diaz at Blackburn the following season. Not sure too many would have complained if we had bought him as a replacement.

Brereton Diaz and Chris Martin are different, to say the least. I think that’s a pretty terrible comparison. Each to their own I suppose.

Just now, UncleRed said:

Brereton Diaz and Chris Martin are different, to say the least. I think that’s a pretty terrible comparison. Each to their own I suppose.

Your point was, " would there be utter madness on this forum if we signed a forward and those were his stats." I'm giving you an example of a player that no one would have complained about signing but ended up with stats similar to those that you are disparaging Martin for.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Your point was, " would there be utter madness on this forum if we signed a forward and those were his stats." I'm giving you an example of a player that no one would have complained about signing but ended up with stats similar to those that you are disparaging Martin for.

Read the question that I asked your leader in its entirety then come think about what you said.

24 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Read the question that I asked your leader in its entirety then come think about what you said.

I’m nobody’s leader.  So, some on here like what post, I have a nice rapport with many on here.  One of the reasons I come on here.

+++++++

You dictated that the answer to your question required a one word answer.  I gave you that.  You then resorted to calling my answer was a lie with a gif.

And then someone replies with an opinion and context, and you dismiss that too.

+++++++

Why do we have to bow your self-imposed superiority….maybe come out from hiding behind you username?

Everyone knows who I am, how about you being open with everyone?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

I’m nobody’s leader.  So, some on here like what post, I have a nice rapport with many on here.  One of the reasons I come on here.

+++++++

You dictated that the answer to your question required a one word answer.  I gave you that.  You then resorted to calling my answer was a lie with a gif.

And then someone replies with an opinion and context, and you dismiss that too.

+++++++

Why do we have to bow your self-imposed superiority….maybe come out from hiding behind you username?

Everyone knows who I am, how about you being open with everyone?

The leader remark was in reference to the people who follow you and talk to others who have opposing opinions from theirs in an unfriendly manner.

Just out of interest what was the forums general opinion when CM signed? I obviously wasn’t signed up on here then. And some one replied to me with an opinion and context, but took my question to you out of context and left a big bit of detail out that I used. Hence making their opinion look more valid.

I have no superiority, unless superiority is not rolling over showing my belly when ever a big hitter or their followers come knocking. Suppose having your own views and opinions is frowned upon when it doesn’t conform.

Dave you ever notice when ever someone puts their opinion across that isn’t the general opinion of those people on this forum, the majority of the time they follow it up with “not criticising Pearson” or “not sticking up for the lansdowns” or “not saying it’s pearsons fault”. Wonder why that is.

How about we just move on, not very pleasant for others to read is it.

Ill Keep up with my activity though, few days inactive and the BS conspiracists will think they’ve found another employee.

Edited by UncleRed

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I like Naismith as a midfielder but I just can’t work out what I think a good formation with Naismith in midfield and two up-front looks like, with the players we currently have fit. 

Absolutely. It’s what has perplexed me for the last year. After yesterday I’m wondering whether he will be in LM’s future planning. The dilemma I see is using him AND TGH. I think Naismith would be great as a DM with James but the challenge for LM is who he sees as ‘his’ midfield that can take us forward. For me the midfield is the most critical path in his development of those currently available. 

• Like 1

The leader remark was in reference to the people who follow you and talk to others who have opposing opinions from theirs in an unfriendly manner.

Just out of interest what was the forums general opinion when CM signed? I obviously wasn’t signed up on here then. And some one replied to me with an opinion and context, but took my question to you out of context and left a big bit of detail out that I used. Hence making their opinion look more valid.

I have no superiority, unless superiority is not rolling over showing my belly when ever a big hitter or their followers come knocking. Suppose having your own views and opinions is frowned upon when it doesn’t conform.

Dave you ever notice when ever someone puts their opinion across that isn’t the general opinion of those people on this forum, the majority of the time they follow it up with “not criticising Pearson” or “not sticking up for the lansdowns” or “not saying it’s pearsons fault”. Wonder why that is.

From memory there was a mixed reaction ranging from (paraphrasing from memory):

- less mobile than a Greek tanker in dry dock, to

- not a bad signing on a free, to

- good signing, Aden Flint always said he was his hardest opponent

Basically the usual spectrum of responses you’d expect from a cross-section of City fans.

++++++

FWIW, I’ve noticed lazy sub-context / agenda on both sides of the debate.  It’s been happening for years, and not unique to certain posters.

I don’t think opinion is frowned upon at all, nor must everyone conform, again I think that’s put out by people who just want their opinion to be accepted as the only opinion.

If you’ve read most of my posts, my view is there is too much nuance in most scenarios to give an opinion that paints black or white.

And generally OTIB sparks good debate.  It has its moments.  This is one such time.

++++++

If you were to try to decipher my view of the current events, you’d be close if you went:

• disappointed Nige has gone - didn’t like the way it was communicated more so
  • happy with Manning on paper
  • Tins is not the devil incarnate - and I approve of the structure / where he sits in it
  • The ownership is the bit I’m least happy with - much borne out of SL’s crass comms but JL could turn this round

Thats not really a view that screams “we must follow Fevs”….unless you like a fairly central(ish) view of proceedings.

We will all have our differences on players and performances.

2 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

I don’t think opinion is frowned upon at all, nor must everyone conform, again I think that’s put out by people who just want their opinion to be accepted as the only opinion.

or it could be put out by people that get called “stupid” “idiot” “dick” for having those opposing opinions. I get it. The big hitters aren’t going to criticise them because they’re the ones with their tongue up their ass and give them the pedestal they crave. They can’t say anything otherwise they won’t get two likes and a couple of flame reactions. Ohhhh the validation!! 😂

Thats not really a view that screams “we must follow Fevs”….unless you like a fairly central(ish) view of proceedings.

We will all have our differences on players and performances.

I don’t think it’s your opinions that make people “follow you”. Rather if they go against you, you’ll whack a graph in their face and they’ll look like a fool. it is what it is. Truth sometimes is hard to take.