IGNORED

Nahki Wells

old_eastender

9 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Nahki wells is finished if he can’t play 12 games on the spin and score 6 in 12 then he’s no forward that’s top and tail of it , give him one more go but January if he ain’t doing it , get rid 

Think we’re all hoping TC will be that man, but from what I’ve seen since the Rotherham game. He’s gone from a feisty jack Russell, to one that’s been neutered and lost that bite. Maybe he has somethings on his plate that’s beyond football, or lacking confidence, or he’s lacking the creativity around him.

You reds!!

6 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Can’t quote your in-line quote so screen shot:

IMG_8995.thumb.jpeg.51e87fffc810cbffb0d4eb3b295f9573.jpeg

I think you do a great many OTIBers a disservice, on both comments.  Hey-ho. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No comment on the part about the name calling then Dave? By people sat behind a monitor that wouldn’t happen face to face. Just a comment on the part on my opinion on your “followers”.

Point proven, last input from me on the matter anyway. Thanks for your time Dave.

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have just realised who you are.

I thought your style and content reminded me of somebody else, thought how strange it was that I hadn’t seen him post for a while as he is usually quite prolific, and then Bingo!

My Eurêka moment, if you like.

Funny how his appearance coincided with the influx of other new members over the last few weeks though!! 🤔😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

No comment on the part about the name calling then Dave? By people sat behind a monitor that wouldn’t happen face to face. Just a comment on the part on my opinion on your “followers”.

Point proven, last input from me on the matter anyway. Thanks for your time Dave.

You’ll see from some of my posts last week that I asked for people to be civil.  But I’m not a forum moderator, and there’s a “report button” on each post.  Why not use that?  I use it if I feel things have overstepped the mark.  I used it several times last week, and not necessarily who you think I may have used it on.

But if you’re on a mission to lay lots of stuff on me, you carry on.  Fill your boots.

7 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Funny how his appearance coincided with the influx of other new members over the last few weeks though!! 🤔😂

I think Phil was referring to me….my temporary name and pic change from Davefevs to Spreadsheet Boy….not the other users.

Ill change my name back, although I like the avatar, thanks Silvio.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Phil was referring to me….my temporary name and pic change from Davefevs to Spreadsheet Boy….not the other users.

Ill change my name back, although I like the avatar, thanks Silvio.

Surely you need a version of the art without the mask/galsses so we can all do our superman/clark kent reaction. Sporeadsheetbot was FEVs all along!😵

1 minute ago, BCFC Rich said:

Surely you need a version of the art without the mask/galsses so we can all do our superman/clark kent reaction. Sporeadsheetbot was FEVs all along!😵

As I’ve mentioned previously, I’m pretty open about who I am in real life.  It’s nice to have a chat with some posters on here in real life at AG.  I even met Lez / Dog / Gabrielle walking through the concourse once, seemed an alright guy too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

Nahki wells is finished if he can’t play 12 games on the spin and score 6 in 12 then he’s no forward that’s top and tail of it , give him one more go but January if he ain’t doing it , get rid 

Unless you were being sarcastic & I’ve missed the point, it really isn’t that simple.

Firstly prior to his injury at Leeds his availability record was incredible.

Last season? Available for all 46, started 32, came on sub in 13, an unused sub in the other.

Struggle to recall him missing ANY game through injury prior to that, either. Found himself unable to disrupt the WSM partnership but that’s a completely different thing.

Think that anyone setting a striker a target of a goal every other game in a side averaging a goal per game for the entire team is the definition of setting someone up to fail.

I remember another poster coming out with this “get rid” nonsense, Wells has a contract up until 2025, so what are you doing? Paying him off? That means we spend exactly the same amount of money but have no player. Or are you seriously suggesting someone is buying him (he’s 34 next year) & we will then be able to replace?

We’ve been here before Pearson & now Manning have been told there is very little to spend, so why on earth would we discard a valuable squad player like Wells?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I even met Lez / Dog / Gabrielle walking through the concourse once, seemed an alright guy too!

He's always seemed pretty reasonable when he's been on the FBC podcast. Although that episode where four of his friends turned up at different times during the cast was a bit bizarre.

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He's always seemed pretty reasonable when he's been on the FBC podcast. Although that episode where four of his friends turned up at different times during the cast was a bit bizarre.

Yeah, agree, although didn’t watch that one.

I’d already twigged who he was from his twitter postings aligning to posts on here, but wasn’t 💯.  Same way I worked out who KITR was.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As I’ve mentioned previously, I’m pretty open about who I am in real life.  It’s nice to have a chat with some posters on here in real life at AG.  I even met Lez / Dog / Gabrielle walking through the concourse once, seemed an alright guy too!

It was meant to be a joke. I think it was pretty clear it was you - Just like glasses don't really hide the fact Clark is Superman. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 22:02, old_eastender said:

Agree with you on Weimann, consistently underwhelming. Worked hard today chasing and closing down, but never provided any real linkage from m/f to attack - something Knight does. OOC end of the season and for me, should be released.

Wells however, has better movement and more ability to hold the ball and bring others into play, than any of our other forwards. Also brings out the best in Conway. In contract to end of next season and I for one, hope he is fit to return to action soon.

Wells and Conway as a partnership are fantastic IMHO, I feel like Tommy is not the same player without Wells, they are a real handful for most defences at this level on their day.

On 11/11/2023 at 22:02, old_eastender said:

Agree with you on Weimann, consistently underwhelming. Worked hard today chasing and closing down, but never provided any real linkage from m/f to attack - something Knight does. OOC end of the season and for me, should be released.

Wells however, has better movement and more ability to hold the ball and bring others into play, than any of our other forwards. Also brings out the best in Conway. In contract to end of next season and I for one, hope he is fit to return to action soon.

As Nigel Pearson remarked on more than one occasion. With Nahki dont just look at the goals he's scored (or should have scored) but look at and appreciate his  overall contribution to the team 

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 3

On 12/11/2023 at 14:45, LondonBristolian said:

I like Naismith as a midfielder but I just can’t work out what I think a good formation with Naismith in midfield and two up-front looks like, with the players we currently have fit. 

Ideally someone with a fit Wells. With Wells out, we might try combinations with Weimann or even Sykes up there to partner our more conventional strikers. 

Really hope, second to setting a decent scouting network up, the new management team focus on establishing playing partnerships in the team. We haven’t got any of note, aside possibly from the centre backs. We’re a dysfunctional mess up front.

They've had two under 21 matches now since they arrived to assess whether JL and Tins judgement that we have established a pool of young talent to draw on to bolster the first team is correct. The two defeats, with a woeful performance at Cardiff, may have already led them to their conclusions. If so, they need to start using the Under 21s as a testing ground for first team partnerships. That’s how the Conway/Wells partnership developed. 

So next week vs Swansea play Weimann, as lead striker, and Bell behind upfront. Never know, it may just work. Then throw Mehmetti on for Bell later on to see if that chemistry works. 

We need to start experimenting. Constant use of the same old ‘solutions’ will continue to get us nowhere fast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Really hope, second to setting a decent scouting network up, the new management team focus on establishing playing partnerships in the team. We haven’t got any of note, aside possibly from the centre backs. We’re a dysfunctional mess up front.

They've had two under 21 matches now since they arrived to assess whether JL and Tins judgement that we have established a pool of young talent to draw on to bolster the first team is correct. The two defeats, with a woeful performance at Cardiff, may have already led them to their conclusions. If so, they need to start using the Under 21s as a testing ground for first team partnerships. That’s how the Conway/Wells partnership developed. 

So next week vs Swansea play Weimann, as lead striker, and Bell behind upfront. Never know, it may just work. Then throw Mehmetti on for Bell later on to see if that chemistry works. 

We need to start experimenting. Constant use of the same old ‘solutions’ will continue to get us nowhere fast.

I still live for the day when it’s Bell and Conway as our front-two, in the same way that Ajax had Kanu and Kluivert coming through their academy.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still live for the day when it’s Bell and Conway as our front-two, in the same way that Ajax had Kanu and Kluivert coming through their academy.

With Tinnion picking the side now it will be sooner than you think. (sorry just being a bit cynical, couldn't resist that 'open goal').

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure whether either is strong enough to play a holding/blocker type forward that can stand their ground against a couple of centre backs, which the other can play off. Maybe I’m getting old and the game has moved on from that style of play at Championship level though. 

Wells seems to work -although sometimes I think may be I’m grasping at straws! Don’t see why Andi or Cornick can’t do the same if they were given the chance. Either of those potentially have more goals in them than Wells as an added bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Not sure whether either is strong enough to play a holding/blocker type forward that can stand their ground against a couple of centre backs, which the other can play off. Maybe I’m getting old and the game has moved on from that style of play at Championship level though. 

Wells seems to work -although sometimes I think may be I’m grasping at straws! Don’t see why Andi or Cornick can’t do the same if they were given the chance. Either of those potentially have more goals in them than Wells as an added bonus.

Yep, mainly referring to your use of “partnerships” or pairings….I’m big on this….and I don’t think we see enough of them.

My Bell and Conway reference is slightly facetious, but I do wonder whether the two could bring more out of each other playing close(r) together.  I think you could perm any two more effectively than playing the three the way we do.  But that’s just me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, mainly referring to your use of “partnerships” or pairings….I’m big on this….and I don’t think we see enough of them.

My Bell and Conway reference is slightly facetious, but I do wonder whether the two could bring more out of each other playing close(r) together.  I think you could perm any two more effectively than playing the three the way we do.  But that’s just me.

The format of three strikers playing up front but spread across the total width is almost going back to the 2-3-5 that was played before Alf Ramsey changed it to 4-4-2.

Of the front five, the two wingers hugged the touchline and the centre forward generally stayed in the middle. At the back it was two full backs with a centre half so in effect the 2-3-5 actually was 3-4-3 with wing halves and inside forwards filling the middle between defence and attack.

Similar to what Pearson played but without the four midfielders attempting to swamp the opponents defence - usually one or at most two. So how can a striker like Conway get his goals with only crosses from wingers to him alone. I dread to think how many less that Big John would never have scored.

We shouldn't throw caution to the wind but we have to be much more positive in our attacking to win games. And try going through the middle a bit more.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The format of three strikers playing up front but spread across the total width is almost going back to the 2-3-5 that was played before Alf Ramsey changed it to 4-4-2.

Of the front five, the two wingers hugged the touchline and the centre forward generally stayed in the middle. At the back it was two full backs with a centre half so in effect the 2-3-5 actually was 3-4-3 with wing halves and inside forwards filling the middle between defence and attack.

Similar to what Pearson played but without the four midfielders attempting to swamp the opponents defence - usually one or at most two. So how can a striker like Conway get his goals with only crosses from wingers to him alone. I dread to think how many less that Big John would never have scored.

We shouldn't throw caution to the wind but we have to be much more positive in our attacking to win games. And try going through the middle a bit more.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Similar thread started by @spudski a few weeks back, where we all had similar thoughts.

On 12/11/2023 at 17:46, UncleRed said:

You don't like being called names yet you are quite happy to throw around platitudes like "tongue up peoples arseholes" and calling people "followers" as a derogatory term............sat behind a monitor, that wouldn't happen face to face as it happens (I await the see me round the back of the Dolman next home game then, you ***, retort).

Anyway, it's only a forum, nothing to get wound up about.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You don't like being called names yet you are quite happy to throw around platitudes like "tongue up peoples arseholes" and calling people "followers" as a derogatory term............sat behind a monitor, that wouldn't happen face to face as it happens (I await the see me round the back of the Dolman next home game then, you ***, retort).

Anyway, it's only a forum, nothing to get wound up about.

Yep. Dishes it out but whines when he gets it back.

Ignored.

• Like 1

If I had one constructive query about NP it would be the excessive reliance on width.

Width is good, perhaps if Scott was still here we would see more of a balance but a lot of the time crossing vs a packed penalty box..at times can build pressure well, perhaps won territory but also be a bit predictable for a defending side.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous