IGNORED

Rotherham Sack Taylor

Ronnie Sinclair

Matt Taylor: Rotherham United sack manager with club 22nd in Championship

Matt Taylor gesticulates to his players

Rotherham United have sacked manager Matt Taylor with the club 22nd in the Championship.

His final match was their 5-0 defeat at Watford on Saturday, which left the Millers four points from safety.

Taylor had been with the Yorkshire club for 13 months, after leaving Exeter City to replace Paul Warne at the New York Stadium.

He kept Rotherham up last season, but he departs after just two wins from their 16 league games this season.

Taylor, 41, becomes the seventh Championship manager to leave his job so far this campaign.

Edited by Ronnie Sinclair

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Did I just dream it or did (according to some rumour) Taylor allegedly turn down the City job after NP left ?

You need to lay off OTIB for a bit, mate.  I dreamt I had a threesome with Scarlet Johansson and Natalie Portman.  Unfortunately, when I awoke it was just Scarlet next to me in bed in the morning. 😉

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Barton will be disappointed not to get the Home Secretary job today, obvious candidate.....

To be fair, even with his conspiracy theories, he'd probably still do a better job than the last holder of that post.

*Yes, I'm aware that I'm now going to have to warn myself to not sidetrack threads with political posts...

• Haha 1

Perhaps their wage bill and overall budget will remain the same who knows, but I struggle to see how well the following fit into the constraints Warne worked under..

January 2023

In

Morrison (Free), Wright (Loan), Hjelde (Loan)

Coventry ((Loan), Quina (Loan)

Fosu (Loan)

Hugill

Out

Barlaser

Loan recalls or sent elsewhere

Norton-Cuffy, High

Winter 2023 post Jan

Blackett- Free

Though Hall signed in summer 2022 and indeed the aforementioned loans who returned, they also lost Iheweke, Smith, Ladapo on a free from their promotion winning side.

Signing Eaves and Washington is a downgrade if anything. Warne had buttons to work with. (Kioso and Brammall as low cost additions from Luton and Lincoln).

Summer 2023

In

Phillips

Tiehi, Cafu (Loan)

Onyedinma (Loan)

Some other PL loanees and Andre Green on a free too having checked again.

Morrison, Hall, Blackett were there already and extended further.

Out

Harding, Wood

Wiles

Ogbene, Washington

Loan expires

Wright, Hjelde

Coventry, Quina

Fosu

Post summer 2023 ie Autumn in

Ayala

Clucas

Warne when he left was getting a much greater return relative to resources..think they had 14 pts from 9 games or something stupid and were scoring a reasonable amount of goals at home.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous