IGNORED

Motivation of Fans

Port Said Red

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

Martin & Hunt  that’s about it I think and Collins I believe

, like you back 8n the day  I could name you Randall , penrice , Devon fxxking white ( always scored against us ) Gary smart , Alexander , twentyman, Nigel Martyn , Holloway , Bater, Williams , god did I support Rovers there just rolling off the tongue here 

Yes, all of those were real enemies at the time and I guess as we were shouting abuse at them on a fairly regular basis they became well known to us.

Now I wouldn’t know one of their players if I was sat next to them on a train.

Do they have a manager yet? The last bloke was at least recognisable and infamous.

10 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be honest, I should have gone two or three minutes earlier than as there were already a few people who had had the same idea as me queuing for food and drink so I didn't bother getting anything. Usually I'd never walk out during a game as I'd be worried I'd miss something but Saturday was the first time I've ever decided there was sod-all chance of anything interesting happening and carried on. 

I only ever went for a pee during a game once, and while I was making my way back to my seat up the stairs of the Atyeo, Luke Wilshire knocked one in from 45 yards v Tranmere.

Never again.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This was late 90s so beer generally wasn't something for which you asked the price because it wasn't going to be much.

Wetherspoons' clientele depends very much upon the pub, I am a regular at several very pleasant ones but tbf have been to two (Wimbledon and Mutley Plain, Plymouth) where I didn't even bother to sit down, let alone have a pint.

I sometimes used to drink at the Wimbledon one. It was of the vast variety with the old geezers at one end and the teenagers at the others.

• Hmmm 1

12 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

People pay their money, they can do what they like.

To some, city is a passion. To others, it’s a few hours out the house with mates and having a few beers.

I can’t understanding the judgement of others when people want to leave early, leave at half time or whatever. A couple of guys who I go with have to leave at 4:45pm as its the difference between getting home by 5:30/6pm or 7/7:30pm.

They are no less a fan for missing the last few minutes.

Personally I prefer the drinks and social as much as the football. A mate of mine is coming to the Sunderland game on the 16th December. We are going for a few drinks before and after the game. There is a very good chance we won’t be watching much of the football in between.

It's true that people pay their money and take their choice. I just wish people that can't sit still for 5 minutes would try and sit on the ends of blocks rather than in the middle. There's a bunch next to us, always late, leave early and for everything in between take it in turns to go somewhere. It's literally every 5 minutes.

I appreciate the beer swilling slack bladders have paid their money, but so have the rest of us.