IGNORED

Rico Lewis. Please explain.

SecretSam

I understand the view as being in that position, it can be difficult to impress because it’s not an attacking position where some attacking brilliance is required.

However, to feature regularly for the best team in Europe and not look out of place, requires a high level of ability.

I actually thought similarly when Bellingham kept making appearances and he’s now one of the first names on the team sheet and rightly so

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I must thank those who've actually taken time to educate me rather than call me a moron. The title was "Please explain", you have, I thank you. I haven't seen enough of this lad, clearly.

I think a simple explanation is that even if you haven’t seen much of him any kid that gets the minutes he has under Pep can clearly play. If he wasn’t up to Man City standards he might be on loan somewhere……..like Stoke.

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I think a simple explanation is that even if you haven’t seen much of him any kid that gets the minutes he has under Pep can clearly play. If he wasn’t up to Man City standards he might be on loan somewhere……..like Stoke.

I didn’t know of him until then but wow I was impressed. I couldn’t even work out his position he was EVERYWHERE. Despite their other stars eg KDB it was Rico & Foden that were the standouts on the night. I’ve been following him ever since… should have a very successful career.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, I’ve never watched him play.

I did read recently, however, that his grandfather was a bassist with Oasis.

Totally irrelevant to his football ability, but I thought it was quite interesting.

Probably coincidental, but I understand Gary Ainsworth tried to sign him on loan.

Actually, I made that last bit up.

Yeah I read that too, apparently his grandad is a Man City fan called 'Dave', who used to play bass in Oasis? 

Now, maybe I'm having a Only Fools style *woosh* moment, but off the top of my head, Oasis never had a 'Dave' in their ranks, did they? Paul McGuigan and Andy Bell were the only bass players I can think of, plus the lad who briefly stood in for Guigs when he had that burnout, (Sean? Scott?).

So have I missed something, or is Rico's old man winding him up about the whole Oasis thing? Or is it Guigsy living his life with a false identity to protect his privacy?

#intrigued 

38 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yeah I read that too, apparently his grandad is a Man City fan called 'Dave', who used to play bass in Oasis? 

Now, maybe I'm having a Only Fools style *woosh* moment, but off the top of my head, Oasis never had a 'Dave' in their ranks, did they? Paul McGuigan and Andy Bell were the only bass players I can think of, plus the lad who briefly stood in for Guigs when he had that burnout, (Sean? Scott?).

So have I missed something, or is Rico's old man winding him up about the whole Oasis thing? Or is it Guigsy living his life with a false identity to protect his privacy?

#intrigued 

I forget where I read it now, but I seem to recall he was their bassist on one of their tours, i.e. as opposed to studio/album.

37 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Lewis is class. Will be head and shoulders above likes of TAA, James and even Walker at RB when he hits his prime. 

Hmm. The three you have mentioned are potentially the best three right backs in the world at the moment. Walker may go down as the premier leagues best rb ever. 

15 minutes ago, James54De said:

Hmm. The three you have mentioned are potentially the best three right backs in the world at the moment. Walker may go down as the premier leagues best rb ever. 

All 3 would certainly likely be in the top 10 playing in Europe as would Trippier. Outside England I'd pick Achraf Hakimi at PSG with honourable mentions for Carvahal at Madrid, Di Lorenzo at Napoli and Frimpong at at Leverkusen.

Whether Lewis ends up as a right back, a midfielder, or a hybrid of the two remains to be seen though.