IGNORED

Rico Lewis. Please explain.

SecretSam

On 16/11/2023 at 22:31, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, I’ve never watched him play.

I did read recently, however, that his grandfather was a bassist with Oasis.

Totally irrelevant to his football ability, but I thought it was quite interesting.

Probably coincidental, but I understand Gary Ainsworth tried to sign him on loan.

Actually, I made that last bit up.

Grandfather? Now I feel really old..

As someone who is not easily impressed, I thought Rico Lewis had a great debut and at 19 he can only get better.  I've not seen him before but if that performance is indicative of what he can do, then he looks like a future England no. 1 LB to me.

What further impressed me was that he didn't seem phased by the ridiculous penalty decision given against him either and just carried on impressing. He didn't put a foot wrong all night and his decision making was excellent.

I can only imagine what he will look like in a couple of years with a little more experience, confidence and physical strength.

It's a pity the same could not be said for the rest of the team who looked tactically inept.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

As someone who is not easily impressed, I thought Rico Lewis had a great debut and at 19 he can only get better.  I've not seen him before but if that performance is indicative of what he can do, then he looks like a future England no. 1 LB to me.

What further impressed me was that he didn't seem phased by the ridiculous penalty decision given against him either and just carried on impressing. He didn't put a foot wrong all night and his decision making was excellent.

I can only imagine what he will look like in a couple of years with a little more experience, confidence and physical strength.

It's a pity the same could not be said for the rest of the team who looked tactically inept.

But other than all that, what else does he even do? Unconvinced 😂

4 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Best thing is lie low for a few weeks...things move fast on here , memories are short.

I dunno, I saw someone refer to @Marina's Rolls Royce as the "Matt Smith is Awful" guy last week :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Dennis Erwin for one

But give me a LEFT footed LEFT back every day of the week

I would agree, but to me it's not a position of strength.

Chilwell and Shaw, both ok, neither world class and both have injury and reliability issues.

Really impressed with Tyrick Mitchell at Palace, if he can stay fit and have a good season he would be my first choice and I'd happily go with Lewis as back up/versatility option especially as Trippier can also play there!

10 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Best thing is lie low for a few weeks...things move fast on here , memories are short.

6 hours ago, Ian M said:

I dunno, I saw someone refer to @Marina's Rolls Royce as the "Matt Smith is Awful" guy last week :ph34r:

Yes @Ian M- it reminds me of the "one goat"  story.

Meanwhile ...memories of LJ are definitely not short .

Which really is kinda ironic.