IGNORED

Rico Lewis. Please explain.

SecretSam

Unfortunately, I’ve never watched him play.

I did read recently, however, that his grandfather was a bassist with Oasis.

Totally irrelevant to his football ability, but I thought it was quite interesting.

Probably coincidental, but I understand Gary Ainsworth tried to sign him on loan.

Actually, I made that last bit up.

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

I just don't see it. If he were at Stoke City, rather rhan Man City, would people be raving? I haven't seen anything to justify a call up.

That’s on you, not him 

Pep’s words:

He's an exceptional player. Last season he arrived and started to settle with us, every game he plays to the highest standards. We are really really pleased that an academy player can be a regular player, really pleased.”

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

I just don't see it. If he were at Stoke City, rather rhan Man City, would people be raving? I haven't seen anything to justify a call up.

🤣🤣🤣 the kid is unreal. Serious, serious talent. Really looking forward to seeing what England look like in a few years time when him and Bellingham are running the show. 

• Like 2

Great prospect. Could argue he doesn’t get enough game time at Man City to warrant a place in the squad but we know that doesn’t matter with Southgate!

Two points to remember though. Firstly, he wasn’t called up to begin with, he came in because of injuries. Secondly, there is nothing riding on these games so why not give him the experience.

Always used to be that right back was your worst player I.e. the right footed midfielder not good enough to play in midfield, so shunted somewhere into defence. Alexander-Arnold broke the mould recently by becoming a wing back who can cross better than anyone else and now it seems wants to be a midfielder. Lewis has been given free-rein by Guardiola to come inside and back into midfield, switching the defence between a back 4 and back 3. It’s different and allows an overload more centrally through a right back rather than no a centre back but I would argue it’s more how he is played rather than how he plays himself that has stood out most, especially as Stones has been doing the same thing for Man City for some time.

10 hours ago, DaveF said:

You've stitched yourself up here. Won't be able to take your opinion on football that seriously anymore 😕 

Oh no, how will I ever recover...oh, no, fine again

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

I know absolutely nothing about him, as I barely watch any Premier League football these days, but I'm going to guess from the overall reaction here that you've had an absolute nightmare with this one :laugh:

You may be right