IGNORED

Liam Manning on SOTC

Silvio Dante

• Admin
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the studio tonight and BBCRB are soliciting questions. Unclear if fans will get the opportunity to ask in person, or if Liam will walk out in disbelief after Tony Wilkins gets through.

Am I the only one who thinks he bears more than a passing resemblance to Neil Patrick Harris?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Agree, 

"Good to get 2 weeks of training working with the lads and put our ideas across. Boys very willing to listen and work hard. Good group. Early days, Still getting to know the boys and the staff. Will take a few games for our work to come through. Always learning in this job. Too early to decide what we will do in January. Superb facilities at HPC. Great to have the Academy players on same site and see the quality coming through. The Lansdowns have done a great job"

That covers it! SOTC could be cancelled!

8 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Agree, 

"Good to get 2 weeks of training working with the lads and put our ideas across. Boys very willing to listen and work hard. Good group. Early days, Still getting to know the boys and the staff. Will take a few games for our work to come through. Always learning in this job. Too early to decide what we will do in January. Superb facilities at HPC. Great to have the Academy players on same site and see the quality coming through. The Lansdowns have done a great job"

Missing the obligatory good to get the lads on the grass and implement the coaching from the classroom.

It may sound silly, but in a game of small margins I don’t think Liams demeanour will do him any favours (and again I’d note that what he is like with the players will be different to how he projects to the fans).

If you read any Oxfords fans views the consensus is that he is relatively dispassionate in interviews and gives little away. It certainly won’t be “box office” like Nige, and although he wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, he was a character who many warmed to. 

I don’t want to rake over the circumstances of his appointment again, but it is a fact that he’s not coming in with a lot of “new manager currency”. A relatively dour interview style won’t be something that galvanises and gets fans onside - and I think he needs that positive on the pitch start all the more in view of that.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

48 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Agree, 

That joking aside is probably it 

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m hearing a lot about Manning not making it as a pro. I trust I’ve missed the good stuff?

Plenty of managers never made it as players Fordy Wenger and Mourinho spring to mind. Lampard and Gerrard both played at the highest level but achieved very little as managers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the studio tonight and BBCRB are soliciting questions. Unclear if fans will get the opportunity to ask in person, or if Liam will walk out in disbelief after Tony Wilkins gets through.

He don't half look like John Tracy😁   John_Tracy.jpg.6d2a3a524fb47839426ec4f2f7c2c1f1.jpg                                                    😁(younger readers ask yr dad... or granddad)

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

He comes across as very measured, intelligent and a well balanced approach to everything in both football and life generally 

He talks very well and obviously knows the football industry both positive & negative elements 

I find him quite interesting to listen to and easy to take on board what he says 

• Like 6

Just now, INCRED said:

He comes across as very measured, intelligent and a well balanced approach to everything in both football and life generally 

He talks very well and obviously knows the football industry both positive & negative elements 

I find him quite interesting to listen to and easy to take on board what he says 

Agreed.  Good he trained the players during the break and didn’t give them 9 days off as well!  That’s a joke before anyone jumps on me 

• Haha 2