IGNORED

City p155heads XI

SecretSam

19 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Not sure that emoji is appropriate.

For all the laughs we have had meeting players that are out on lash, Ralph Milne is the tragic side of the story. Alcoholism is no laughing matter. 

To be clear, let's leave out those who had an alcohol problem, as opposed to those who just liked a few.

I'm not au fait (ITK) enough to know who is and isn't in which list, so will take others' advice.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Updated, we need a drunk keeper, smashed full backs, a zig-zagging right wing and a manager.                

🍺 Cashley

🍺 RB🍺 Caulker🍺 Coles🍺 Bailey

🍺 RM🍺 Tommy Doc🍺 Gow 🍺 McIndoe

🍺 Peacock🍺 Jacki

🍺 Manager

Right, I've updated in bold, taken out Tins, who wasn't a drinker, and Nobes, because if it's someone with a real problem - that's not kind.

Ray Cashley in because I just about remember watching him play, ditto Gerry Gow. McIndoe and Bailey are in.

Did someone say that our esteemed kit man liked a tipple?

39 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

🍺 Cashley

🍺 RB🍺 Caulker🍺 Coles🍺 Bailey

🍺 RM🍺 Tommy Doc🍺 Gow 🍺 McIndoe

🍺 Peacock🍺 Jacki

🍺 Manager

Right, I've updated in bold, taken out Tins, who wasn't a drinker, and Nobes, because if it's someone with a real problem - that's not kind.

Ray Cashley in because I just about remember watching him play, ditto Gerry Gow. McIndoe and Bailey are in.

Did someone say that our esteemed kit man liked a tipple?

Liked or you mean likes 😂

9 hours ago, redkev said:

This might be a bit controversial but on the subject of alcohol I really find it hard how you can become addicted ( no I’m not knocking the people with addictions at all it must be awful and so frustrating) I love a few pints and a Benidorm weekend / stag weekend all those things we love to do with the lads / lasses even on holiday with the sun shining I could have a pint 9 o clock no problem but to let in take over my life I find that so hard . Like I say I’m not knocking anyone who has an addiction like I say it must be so frustrating & damaging and yes I have lost a couple of mates to it , heartbreaking 

i cant answer how i got addicted, it sort of gets you if that makes sense. i never went out with intentions of getting pissed every night in my teens, just couldnt stop until closing time.took me 20 years to get off it and lost a lot more than money in that time. 23 years dry now (24 new years day) and will always be grateful to robbored for being there when i needed that support to crack it.

and no,its not controversial, i could never understand why i couldnt just be a social drinker 👍👍

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i cant answer how i got addicted, it sort of gets you if that makes sense. i never went out with intentions of getting pissed every night in my teens, just couldnt stop until closing time.took me 20 years to get off it and lost a lot more than money in that time. 23 years dry now (24 new years day) and will always be grateful to robbored for being there when i needed that support to crack it.

and no,its not controversial, i could never understand why i couldnt just be a social drinker 👍👍

Well done for overcoming your issues , like I said there was no way I was having a pop at anybody with a alcohol addition , perhaps I’m just lucky perhaps it’s just in my make up perhaps it’s my job ( I am a bit sad my work always comes first and always has just the way my dad brought me up ) 

don’t get me wrong I have done the usual stupid things when drinking at football in town even when home with the family after a session , in my teens 20s and 30s most weekends were pretty much on it for social reasons but luckily for me I have never had the urge to drink for drinks sake even when adversity has come my way .

again well done for beating the addiction I watched one of my friends drink himself to death even after he had been warned by the Dr that unless he stopped he wouldnt get through it I’m afraid the Dr was right , he was 38 and as far as we all knew had no issues that we could see or that he would admit too , so very sad he was a top bloke 

oh and well done for Robbored for being there for you 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

20 years myself, started off as a teenager drinking at weekends to a 37 Yr old drinking to avoid the shakes.it creeps up on you but it is a drug after all.best thing I did was quit and lead a decent life. Well done on 24years of freedom

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, forbespm said:

20 years myself, started off as a teenager drinking at weekends to a 37 Yr old drinking to avoid the shakes.it creeps up on you but it is a drug after all.best thing I did was quit and lead a decent life. Well done on 24years of freedom

top man 👍  it is a decent life too isn't it. i had my first real headache this year, i put it down to the weather, i certainly havent missed those one bit😄

45 minutes ago, redkev said:

Well done for overcoming your issues , like I said there was no way I was having a pop at anybody with a alcohol addition , perhaps I’m just lucky perhaps it’s just in my make up perhaps it’s my job ( I am a bit sad my work always comes first and always has just the way my dad brought me up ) 

i know you werent having a pop mate.👍 👍 fwiw, i think anybody could suffer, like everybody has got it but only gets triggered in some.. probs miles off it but that sits well with me

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Not sure that emoji is appropriate.

For all the laughs we have had meeting players that are out on lash, Ralph Milne is the tragic side of the story. Alcoholism is no laughing matter. 

The emoji relates to Ralph being in the starting 11, nothing more, nothing less. The lad had big issues as we know. I'm sure the documented interviews from his partner, who suffered physical abuse, tells the sad story.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

top man 👍  it is a decent life too isn't it. i had my first real headache this year, i put it down to the weather, i certainly havent missed those one bit😄

i know you werent having a pop mate.👍 👍 fwiw, i think anybody could suffer, like everybody has got it but only gets triggered in some.. probs miles off it but that sits well with me

Keep up the good work - perhaps if we ever get to the prem you might afford yourself a small half ( non alcoholic of course ) 

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The emoji relates to Ralph being in the starting 11, nothing more, nothing less. The lad had big issues as we know. I'm sure the documented interviews from his partner, who suffered physical abuse, tells the sad story.

Sadly his partner isn’t alone with this , 

the last thing I want when I have had a beer ( actually not just when I have had a beer ) is confrontation 

4 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

Great post. Congratulations on winning

• Like 1

12 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

At an AA meeting in Taunton many years ago a guy was sharing (often part of an AA meeting) and he described his addiction to alcohol as an ‘allergy’……I’d never heard alcoholism described in that way before but it made perfect sense and applied to recovery perfectly.

• Like 2