IGNORED

Any News on Nige ?

bpexile

19 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Hope he's doing ok. Wonder if he'll take another job.

He said that the City job will be his last so I assume that he’s retired from the football industry. Being an outdoor type he can found on the Mendips or the Somerset Levels or ‘in a little pub somewhere’

I really hopes he makes the best of his retirement and recovers from his back problems asap.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 2
  • Robin 2

26 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Because at the time he thought it would be. But he now has unfinished business. 

Nige has been involved in the football industry as a player and manager since was 18 - that’s over 4 decades. He’s moved up and down the country numerous times and judging from his comments after his dismissal I’m pretty sure he ready to retire.

We’ll just have to wait and see I guess.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nige has been involved in the football industry as a player and manager since was 18 - that’s over 4 decades. He’s moved up and down the country numerous times and judging from his comments after his dismissal I’m pretty sure he ready to retire.

We’ll just have to wait and see I guess.

What in his comments made you think that? 

I saw his comments as him leaving the door open for a potential return in the future.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

I am hoping to see him up on the Mendips. (In fact I have been going up there looking for him, every single day since he got sacked).

No joy yet though.

Poo.

I know the Medips really well - the hills cover a vast area. One village is Priddy is a hot spot for walkers. It used to have two pubs but whether they’re still there I don’t know.

I also know the Somerset Levels really well having lived there for most of the 80s. They too cover a vast area from the Polden Ridge right across to Wedmore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know the Medips really well - the hills cover a vast area. One village is Priddy is a hot spot for walkers. It used to have two pubs but whether they’re still there I don’t know.

I also know the Somerset Levels really well having lived there for most of the 80s. They too cover a vast area from the Polden Ridge right across to Wedmore.

Good for mushrooms too 

15 minutes ago, Feral Williams said:

Great place for mushrooms in the early-mid 80’s Priddy.

Happy days, literally 

Literally great minds

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

I used to know the Medips really well - the hills cover a vast area. One village is Priddy is a hot spot for walkers. It used to have two pubs but whether they’re still there I don’t know.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, bpexile said:

Hi All, does anyone have any news re Nige & his back issues. The last I heard he was in hospital for assessment, being a long-time back pain sufferer & having multiple surgeries I'm very interested to hear how he's going.

Whatever his situation I wish him only the best

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Are your posts being written by chat gbt?

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Are we sure this is Robbored? That reply looks more like some sort of AI imitation to me.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Are your posts being written by chat gbt?

Ha, sorry we seem to have the same thought at the same time.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Are we sure this is Robbored? That reply looks more like some sort of AI imitation to me.

In the 80s I was working in Wells Somerset and consequently know the Mendips very well. Whilst still working there we moved to Meare on the Somerset Levels and from there moved into Glastonbury - at the time we only had one car which I used to get to work and with no buses my wife with two small toddlers felt isolated. Thats why we moved - happy wife, happy life.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

In the 80s I was working in Wells Somerset and consequently know the Mendips very well. Whilst still working there we moved to Meare on the Somerset Levels and from there moved into Glastonbury - at the time we only had one car which I used to get to work and with no buses my wife with two small toddlers felt isolated. Thats why we moved - happy wife, happy life.

Yep, definitely AI. 🤣

• Haha 1