IGNORED

New song

OliOTIB

Thanks a bloody bunch.

I sang it at home as the wife was sat next to me on the sofa.

She questioned the part about loving nothing above. "Not me? Not the kids? Not the dog? Nothing?"

I tried to talk my way out of it but we ended up having an argument.

Now I'm sitting in the freezing cold, typing this into my phone while the dog runs around the park. I'm working out if I will I end up sleeping on the sofa tonight.

Please think of married people when you write these lyrics.

How about:

Bristol City

Its a significant part of our life,

Its the club that we love,

Alongside our wives, partners, children, pets, family and a whole range of other things.

City ole

City ole,

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 16
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Can anyone write a song about Clarks pies? 

Football's a game full of lows and highs

And no one knows like City

But if we could only have Clarks pies

Then life would seem more pretty

The pastry is golden and tasty

Like Conway in the penalty box

The filling is meaty and juicy

Like Dickie when he rocks

Oh Clarks Pies, you food of the Gods

We love your pastry we do

we love your pastry we do

Oh Clarks Pies we love you.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

AI's effort. Particularly like the second half 

(Verse 1) In South Bristol's heartbeat, where the red and white unite, A taste of glory in every Clark's Pie bite. From Ashton Gate's roar to the Bedminster beat, Bristol City and Clark's Pies, a victory feast.

(Chorus) Oh, Clark's Pies, in the City's embrace, Liam Manning's vision, the pride we chase. In the Robins' anthem, under Bristol's light, A symphony of triumph, in every bite.

(Verse 2) Under Liam Manning's reign, where dreams take flight, Clark's Pies fuel the fire, as we aim for the height. From Southville streets to the Atyeo Stand's might, In every pastry, a story of the Bristol City fight.

(Pre-Chorus) Through the North Street hustle and the Bedminster vibe, Liam's tactics, a winning tribe. In the Dolman's pride and the red and white, Clark's Pies and City, a duo so tight.

(Chorus) Oh, Clark's Pies, in the City's embrace, Liam Manning's vision, the pride we chase. In the Robins' anthem, under Bristol's light, A symphony of triumph, in every bite.

(Bridge) But across the city, where the blue and white lay, A different story unfolds, in a somber way. Bristols Rovers, in the shadows they dwell, Clark's Pies and City, a tale they never tell.

(Verse 3) On the other side of the Avon's embrace, Rovers' hopes crumble, in their own disgrace. As Ashton Gate roars, and the Robins sing, Clark's Pies and City, in triumph, they bring.

(Pre-Chorus) Through the East Street hustle and the Park Street climb, A City dream, in every rhyme. In the blue and red, where legends unite, Clark's Pies, a symbol of South Bristol's fight.

(Outro) So here's to the pies, in South Bristol's pride, In every Clark's Pie, a City tale resides. Under the Bristol City banner, shining bright, Clark's Pies and Liam's dream, a South Bristol delight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The UK’s next entry for Eurovision 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BCFC03 said:

It’s a song that Willem ii fans started earlier in the year. Personally I think it’s quite good if all the fans actually join in. 🤷‍♂️

They can keep it for themselves. 

If Jon Lansdown was in charge of making up new songs, he'd have come up with this song. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They can keep it for themselves. 

If Jon Lansdown was in charge of making up new songs, he'd have come up with this song. 

After yesterday he’s got his own song now anyway! 😂

As for the new song it’s not the best but at least it’s better than no singing at all.

Edited by One Team

On 25/11/2023 at 19:35, BCFC03 said:

It’s a song that Willem ii fans started earlier in the year. Personally I think it’s quite good if all the fans actually join in. 🤷‍♂️

It was drowned out by the whole South Stand singing a straight forward "Come on you reds" at a corner.  Spoke volumes to me, and the rest of the ground I'd expect.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 25/11/2023 at 18:13, Big C said:

Yes. Well, it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end, the better. But, apart than that, it was excellent

Not exactly the tune to get the blood pumping. I thought the really loud "come on Boro" after their second goal was excellent. Simple old fashioned and loud is my preference.

Hi Everyone,

Took my 2 young uns last night and there was a song continually sang by S82. No idea what it was, haven’t heard it before. My little lad keeps humming it and wants to know the words!

any help great appreciated.

cheers 

On 25/11/2023 at 17:33, OliOTIB said:

For those concerned,

Bristol City

Its our lifee,

Its the club that we love,

Nothing above

City ole

City ole,

Despite my initial indifference to this one, I’ll admit it’s taken off quite well. Had to come back to remind myself of some of the lyrics though as can’t quite make them out when sung at AG! 

On 27/11/2023 at 12:34, LondonBristolian said:

Some teams are great

Some clubs are shite 

We’re Bristol City

and we’re alright.

Plenty of occasions were City is concerned, to paraphrase Eric Morecambe, you've got all the right words, but not necessarily in the right order!