IGNORED

Liam Manning post match

HappyClapper

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

Thought it was decent. 

Just a different character to Nige.

Talked sense. 

Yeah, just different styles. I really enjoyed NP's press conferences and even found them entertaining at times, but it is hardly the most needed trait for a manager. LM talks sense and these comments reflect the game. As longing as his coaching is good, players believe in him and we get results I couldn't careless if his interviews are dull. 

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He isn't that convincing a subject when faced with a microphone.

Isn't it strange that as you don't want him here, you are able to find anything, no matter how tenuous to criticise him with.

I think that was a really candid and articulate interview. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Isn't it strange that as you don't want him here, you are able to find anything, no matter how tenuous to criticise him with.

I think that was a really candid and articulate interview. 

Same as the people who did the same with Nige. Just sums up a significant minority of our support base.

• Like 5

I would rather we still had NP as our manager but can see no problem with this. He is on a hiding to nothing at the moment, a large% of the fan base are wishing failure/ ambivalent and will pick up on anything negative. Not his fault, down to the owners. Conversely there is nothing wrong with observation/ constructive criticism.

• Like 1

The interview was fine but then again I'm not sure what more could be said than he did. To our credit we came through a game against a team that was in better form than us. The stats will say Boro had more possession, more corners and more overall shots, but we were more clinical with more shots on target hence more goals. Job done we move on to the next game. 

35 minutes ago, 1team said:

I would rather we still had NP as our manager but can see no problem with this. He is on a hiding to nothing at the moment, a large% of the fan base are wishing failure/ ambivalent and will pick up on anything negative. Not his fault, down to the owners. Conversely there is nothing wrong with observation/ constructive criticism.

How come you think a large percentage of fans want the team to fail? You obviously weren't at the game today

1 hour ago, 1team said:

So what evidence do you base that on?

If you’d been at the game you’d have certainly heard and seen fans who were as behind our team as ever they were. 

As to the interview. He’s not here to do a song and a dance. He responded to the questions asked what more could he do?

We’ll all eventually get used to LMs pre and post match interviews and as it did with Nige it’ll take awhile.

From what I’ve heard so far he obviously has ideas and strategies on what he wants from his squad but hasn’t yet articulated them well at all.

What I saw today was Citys unfortunate knack of giving up a two goal lead that had happened more than once in Niges reign so nothing has changed in that regard.

However…..what was different was Citys ability to actually win the match having been pegged back - so a positive improvement as far as that goes. Hopefully it won’t be necessary to do that too often from here on in.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You're not that convincing when faced with a post.

Oddly. Since that post I have been out with friends and have just got home, so I haven't had the opportunity to look at this small corner of the Internet.

I will qualify my 'not convincing subject' comment by making reference to the noise we were fed by JL and cohorts various about how we were going to be playing on the front foot and all that jazz.

What I heard was a story of veiled explanation, which didn't compute with what I expected, the questioning was weak and the answers weaker.

Do I want City to win? Of course.

Do I want the manager to be successful? Absolutely.

Do I think there was some significant issues with how we set up, played and performed today? 100%

Doesn't mean I hate the bloke, just amazed he couldn't be more honest and say, 'whilst we were 2 up at the break, it wasn't representative of the game, we were too negative, most passes went backwards'.

Today was a poor viewing experience. I really hope it improves 

• Like 1