IGNORED

Attendance

phantom

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

That was a strange couple of minutes 

Attendance announced of 19k something 

Then anounced 1800 odd away fans 

Then third announcement "actual supporters in the ground is..." 

I think they announced just the home figure number, then the away figure then realised they should have added them both together. If you add it together the figures do tally. This isn't bums on seats though, that figure is probably quite a few thousand less. Mainly due to kids tickets not being used, especially in the SS

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Bizarrely JL got rid of Pearson because of him not performing well in his role. 

However Downsy has never performed well here in his role yet continues to be employed by us. Very strange.

Was it him who said it finished Manchester City 1 Liverpool 0? People coming in before our game started knew it was 1-1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Was it him who said it finished Manchester City 1 Liverpool 0? People coming in before our game started knew it was 1-1.

He has made so many glaringly errors that I'm baffled he is still employed. I remember him once calling us Bristol Rovers. 

This club isn't about high performance. People are continued to be employed despite poor performance as long as they stroke the owners egos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’m no fan of Downsy, but I’m not sure you can lay that one on him? I’d assume that he just read out the number he’s given. 

Do your homework,he’s always said he’s not interested in football,I’m not interested in bowls but I’m damn sure if I was being paid I would be 

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’m no fan of Downsy, but I’m not sure you can lay that one on him? I’d assume that he just read out the number he’s given. 

As its his voice to whatever is announced then surely he should be the one making sure that what he is announcing is correct? 

Considering there isn't a time pressure to announce the figures then surely he'd have looked at that figure and then double checked it was correct? 

• Thanks 1

@W-S-M Seagull (sorry, forgot to ‘quote!)

Not really, no.

He should be getting the subs right - for example. He’s stood right there, it’s first hand information, he should be able to read what number is held up and he should know who players are.

But how’s he expected to be able to “double check” the attendance figure he’s given? A quick count? When the wrong figure was announced, it’s not like anyone batted an eyelid - it wasn’t an obvious mistake. 

As I said, I’m no fan, but I also try to maintain a bit of balance. I’m not one who believes that there are some people who can do no wrong, and other people can do nothing right. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

@W-S-M Seagull (sorry, forgot to ‘quote!)

Not really, no.

He should be getting the subs right - for example. He’s stood right there, it’s first hand information, he should be able to read what number is held up and he should know who players are.

But how’s he expected to be able to “double check” the attendance figure he’s given? A quick count? When the wrong figure was announced, it’s not like anyone batted an eyelid - it wasn’t an obvious mistake. 

As I said, I’m no fan, but I also try to maintain a bit of balance. I’m not one who believes that there are some people who can do no wrong, and other people can do nothing right. 

"19k seems a bit low, can you confirm thats the correct figure please?"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Do your homework,he’s always said he’s not interested in football,I’m not interested in bowls but I’m damn sure if I was being paid I would be 

Let’s be fair you need to be interested in football or at least the players if your doing the job he does , where Sam mason when you need her 👀

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

"19k seems a bit low, can you confirm thats the correct figure please?"

It didn’t seem a bit low though, did it? And at the time when he’s dealing with multiple subs and with the time added on. Give the guy a break. But then I realise that’s not your forte, once you’ve set for/against someone! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That's his job, he is given stuff to say and he reads it out. If they give him the wrong figure who's fault is that?

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Nah just know what other scores are and at the least the names of our players 

Oh, I agree with that. And as I said, I’m no fan, and when he gets those things wrong then I’m just as critical as the next person.
I just don’t think that the attendance figure (the subject of this thread) is one of the things on the list that I think he should know. 

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It’s 30 minutes to kick off, It’s 30 minutes to kick off 

sponsored by Bath Watches…

It’s 15 minutes to kick off, It’s 15 minutes to kick off 

sponsored by Bath Watches…

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

I hate that too! I’m dreading the day when we start getting ‘the substitution, sponsored by xxxxx’ announcements that you get at some other grounds already. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Oh, I agree with that. And as I said, I’m no fan, and when he gets those things wrong then I’m just as critical as the next person.
I just don’t think that the attendance figure (the subject of this thread) is one of the things on the list that I think he should know. 

In any job do you spill nonsense what you are told to customers,I’m sure many do but if you have principles you don’t