IGNORED

"Kloppesque" Celebration?

Port Said Red

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought it was a nice bit of psychology from Manning to come over to Section 82 and give a Klopp like celebration, it seemed like they were expecting it though, was this something he was known for at Oxford and MK?

Yes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, petehinton said:

Funnily enough, the total antithesis of how he was at MK & Oxford. I imagine he’s realised the situation he’s walked into, and has clocked that he can’t be as ‘cold’ with fans as he was there. 

He said that he likes to stay emotionally controlled during the game, because he wants that from the players too, but that did feel like a release. 

He must have been impressed by the crowd support in the last 15 minutes in particular, I am sure he hasn't had that kind of atmosphere at his previous two grounds.

• Like 3

Thought the fans really helped them over the line. Well done all.

i was waiting for the fist pump cheers for him to tick off the young and up and coming manager bingo card 😂 grateful for it though, nothing against Pearson but I think it’s something we need to galvanise fans and team which have been disparate for too long due to style of play not being the most exciting or consistent to get the fans going 

1 minute ago, Distortia said:

Hasn’t this happened multiple times at the Gate over the years? I’m sure I remembered both Johnsons doing so, though I may be misremembering. Certainly not something I would attribute to Jurgen Klopp. 

Surely the Johnsons were bouncing? I feel like we haven't had a Manager doing anything other than clapping the fans (or bouncing) for a while.

I also enjoyed TGH reprising the celebration then taking a selfie with the crowd in the background. :)

I think he must have realised by now he’s taken on a job most didn’t want to see vacant in the first place and getting fans on his side is important; doing this sort of thing will probably help, and certainly fan engagement helped GJ. 

Personally I don’t particularly care if he’s winning games and we’re playing well. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not too sure how I feel about him doing the lap of honour with the players. 

But then I didn't like Pearson not really acknowledging the fans but I also understood how he wanted the players to take the credit and not him. 

Did you see him breathing on the touch line as well? The ******* cheek of it!

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not too sure how I feel about him doing the lap of honour with the players. 

But then I didn't like Pearson not really acknowledging the fans but I also understood how he wanted the players to take the credit and not him. 

I actually noted & thought to myself how it was nice that LM kind of tagged along behind the players - let them take the plaudits, without making it about himself - & then had his own little moment at the end.

First impressions are that he is quite a classy guy.

He must have been absolutely thrilled & relieved to start his home reign off with such an impressive result.

That will buy him some time when it would have been easy & understandable to struggle with a run of fixtures against Boro, Southampton & Norwich.

Another 2 points or more against the next 2 & he will have had a very encouraging start, in difficult circumstances.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Surely the Johnsons were bouncing? I feel like we haven't had a Manager doing anything other than clapping the fans (or bouncing) for a while.

I also enjoyed TGH reprising the celebration then taking a selfie with the crowd in the background. :)

I thought both GJ and LJ punched the air? I don’t really remember any bouncing, unless coerced by the crowd chanting. What did Cotts do? 

• Like 1