IGNORED

Clarks Pies

JibbyBCFC

I only get to one or two games at AG per season but always get a Clarks pie from the van.  Why?  Well it's a reminiscence thing - nights out as a youth, teas with my parents etc. My family (who have no affiliation with all things Bedminster) don't understand but I always send a photo of a Clarks pie on the park wall whenever I get one. One day I might get them to understand :thumbsup: 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I should ad, Clarks pie were a Cardiff company formed by a lady who I believe was a cook/ maid for some rich bloke.

She used to make extra pies and sell them until she started her own company which her two sons took over. 

One still lives in Cardiff and the other moved to Bristol.

Both still make Clarks pies but the pastry is different.

The Welsh ones have a flatter and softer top pastry and ours have a harder pastry.

They even look slightly different.

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, westonred said:

I have one before every match they are lush... They also have a Xmas variety at the moment Turkey and Cranberry which are awesome

If Clark’s pie were on sale inside AG I’d definitely buy one.

For years I always bought one from the van on Ashton Rd but I don’t go in that way in anymore.

6 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Not only the pies, the pasties are lovely as well 

Agree, both the flaky and short crust are lush.  In order to get the full pre match experience when I watch away games on RTV I always make sure I have a Clarks pasty in the house to eat before ko ( +🍺)There's a map on their website that shows your nearest stockist. Mine is 8 miles away (Olveston Village Stores) but worth the drive!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

22 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Agree, both the flaky and short crust are lush.  In order to get the full pre match experience when I watch away games on RTV I always make sure I have a Clarks pasty in the house to eat before ko ( +🍺)There's a map on their website that shows your nearest stockist. Mine is 8 miles away (Olveston Village Stores) but worth the drive!

Clarks Pies have a website!? 

Game’s gone. 

• Haha 3

My father liked a Clarks pie, personally I find them a bit dry. 

My favourite is Bristol's own Pie minister.

https://pieminister.co.uk/about-us/

Quote...

After travelling around Australia in our early twenties, eating pies every day, we returned home determined to reinvigorate the humble British pie.

And so in 2003, Pieminister was born.  We scrabbled together some basic equipment and worked hard into the night (after night!) to set up shop in Stokes Croft, Bristol.  Tristan made the pies and Jon ran the shop.  On day one we sold five pies (not a great start), but word spread fast and after two weeks there was a queue out of the door. A stall at London’s famous Borough Market soon followed, then a pitch at Glastonbury – a dream come true.  Over the years we have grown and now employ around 300 people.  We still make all our pies in our Bristol kitchens and we still eat pies every day.

Tristan Hogg & Jon Simon

• Like 1