IGNORED

Random bird thread

Vespa Red

I saw the whole thing. 
The bird was flying over and dropped something. I saw what looked like a piece of bread fall to the pitch. 
The bird that dropped it couldn’t immediately recover it as the players went back into this area. After they moved away there were a few rival birds trying to swoop in, as well as the original bird that had dropped the bread. 
I assume it was bread. It certainly looked ‘bready’. Could have been part of a burger bun discarded by a supporter, maybe.

But…..I’m not having this ‘wagtail’ nonsense. They were seagulls. Pure and simple. Or as @Bristol Rob and I have always referred to them, Sea-C***s

• Admin
2 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Was I alone in spotting the bird swooping down onto the pitch throughout the second half of the game on Saturday?  East End end?

I think it was either a pied or grey wagtail but couldn't tell from the 32nd row of the Dolman.  What are other readers thoughts?

It's more amusing it's taken 48 hours to post about it

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

I saw the whole thing. 
The bird was flying over and dropped something. I saw what looked like a piece of bread fall to the pitch. 
The bird that dropped it couldn’t immediately recover it as the players went back into this area. After they moved away there were a few rival birds trying to swoop in, as well as the original bird that had dropped the bread. 
I assume it was bread. It certainly looked ‘bready’. Could have been part of a burger bun discarded by a supporter, maybe.

If only we had VAR in the Championship so we could properly review this action.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

On the news today - the rise (unfortunate terminology) in STI infections in older age groups. See a doc ASAP!

That, apparently, is due to those dating sites for people in their 50s & 60s. People are meeting up, forming relationships and not bothering with condoms etc as "We don't need to worry about pregnancy at this stage in life".

Meanwhile let's return to topic of this bird on the pitch.