IGNORED

Kal Naismith

B-Rizzle

I don’t understand why everyone keeps sarcastically saying Jon Lansdown is an expert. He is helping to run a business and has, I assume, taken advice that our injuries are too high and that Rennie is to blame.  I doubt he’s come to that conclusion himself.  Are chairman only allowed to make decisions on their areas of expertise? That would be a very odd way of running a business 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

16 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Since we moved to the HPC our injury record has been terrible, and since the AG redevelopment our home form has been shite.

Food for thought. 

Let’s ground share with Rovers then , especially now they got that huge brand knew stand , oh and premiership sprinklers 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Whenever anyone decides to blame, whether that be JL, anyone on OTIB, etc, why does it have to always have to be one person that’s blame?

The need for a scapegoat is tiring.

Because they do it behind keyboards. All of a sudden they become ' experts '. Because there is no consequences. 

As much as JL gets stick, and rightly so on some issues, you can't knock the bloke when it comes to comparison with the ' fan base' that was represented at the Hen and Chicken. 

Is it any wonder owners and board are so dismissive. 

Yet those same people would most likely be so authorative in their opinion, when there is actually no consequences to their view or actions. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

Naismith is a bit of a strange one for me. I'm not sure he's physical enough to play as a centre back in a back 4, but i don't think he's mobile enough to play in midfield.

He has had a bit of a strange career really and has played in multiple positions for a number of clubs.

I think he's ok and is useful as a utility option but i wouldn't be hugely upset if he moved on.

His one successful season at Luton maybe clouds peoples judgement?

Spot on,and at 31 these injuries will continue to happen 

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t understand why everyone keeps sarcastically saying Jon Lansdown is an expert. He is helping to run a business and has, I assume, taken advice that our injuries are too high and that Rennie is to blame.  I doubt he’s come to that conclusion himself.  Are chairman only allowed to make decisions on their areas of expertise? That would be a very odd way of running a business 

So who is advising him is the question because I bet he’s getting paid well for being useless 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Whenever anyone decides to blame, whether that be JL, anyone on OTIB, etc, why does it have to always have to be one person that’s blame?

The need for a scapegoat is tiring.

It is a bit harsh but as @And Its Smith said above he’s helping run a business when he has never done anything of the sort successfully before and he’s in charge of the club 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It is a bit harsh but as @And Its Smith said above he’s helping run a business when he has never done anything of the sort successfully before and he’s in charge of the club 

I wasn’t talking about the blame of JL, but the blame of Rennie, just like the blame of Rolls.  On the Rennie scenario, I do wonder how the heirarchy reached their conclusion though. Who did they ask?

On 02/12/2023 at 05:32, Son of Fred said:

You mean a kinda forward sweeper?

But not exactly a DM??

Maybe work with wingbacks???

Been thinking for a long while this would suit him perfectly - although I'm not the person to work out the best formation to accommodate!

Is that what they called midfield 'anchor' back in the day?

We just look a better, more cohesive unit with him in the side. Would probably work well in front of a back three. Can drop in and defend and always offers an out ball.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

Is that what they called midfield 'anchor' back in the day?

We just look a better, more cohesive unit with him in the side. Would probably work well in front of a back three. Can drop in and defend and always offers an out ball.

The one thing I’ve noticed in LM’s first three games is that he doesn’t appear to want his CMs sitting on top of his CBs.  I was gonna say they don’t screen, but that’s not correct, they try to block passing lanes into the opposition CF.  But they do allow space.IMG_2224.thumb.jpeg.3ee431444e9e75cf9ce7d16b45503829.jpeg

We are in pretty decent shape here - a 523 with the ball with the Southampton CB ⬆️⬆️⬆️

IMG_2225.thumb.jpeg.13d0ff55589758b65a8c958ecefc0329.jpeg

Dickie comes forward as his man drops into the picket.  He’s not worried about his defensive line 10 yards deeper, his duty is to mark ⬆️⬆️⬆️

First half we were nice and compact.

IMG_2250.thumb.jpeg.ae439e8060dab0bfb0d920be27e5f028.jpeg

Second half, very different, the CBs are no longer going with the forward dropping off.  Jamo often the most advanced midfielder.  Big pockets appearing ⬆️⬆️⬆️

IMG_2252.thumb.jpeg.0448a635b286da543e74e2cb6a9e0110.jpeg

You can’t even see our CBs in this pic.  James again forward ⬆️⬆️⬆️

We will have to wait to see if this continues, but it is the one major change I’ve spotted.  It needs our CBs to brave (to go with the player dropping deep) and to communicate and decide who is gonna cover.

I first picked up on this at QPR.

Screenshot2023-11-11at15_26_38.thumb.png.caa2de767e0b9ccc5006ae7f082c41c1.png

• Like 2