IGNORED

Norwich City home match thread

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder whether we might see another version of a back three….Vyner Dickie Pring with Tanner and Sykes outside them…but Conway and Cornick together, with TGH, Jamo and Knight?

I think the thing we can be reasonably sure of is that we know the identity of 9 of the 11. I’m not sure we’ll change shape/system purely because of the quick turnaround and time to train it in. But it’s pretty damning at the moment that some of our front players make a more compelling case for exclusion than inclusion!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Win tomorrow and we go 9th and only 2 points off the play offs heading into the busy Xmas schedule and Jan transfer window looking like a massive game tomorrow tbh it really is now time for Conway to step up and start scoring some goals isn't it !

Not sure we can win and get a negative goal difference… we’ll be 8th, if we win by 2 it’ll be 7th

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Myself I’d start Cornick and move Tommy wide. Bell has been woefully out of form, Mehmeti had no form to start with and Yeboah seems to be on the outers. 

Tommy, when he first came into the side, was effectively Weimanns deputy - playing off the front man. He’s not yet ready to play the sole man up front as he’s not physically there. Cornick is. Tommy wide will do more defensively than Bell or Mehmeti and it allows him to link off the front man.

Absolutely worth a go but my side was what I think Manning will do.

At present I don’t see either Bell or Mehmeti in good enough form to play.

I suggested Weimann for Saints (to a predictable reaction) & would prefer that to either of them, I know he’s not been great, but still think as his record shows he’ll score goals in time.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I suggested Weimann for Saints (to a predictable reaction) & would prefer that to either of them, I know he’s not been great, but still think as his record shows he’ll score goals in time.

That's a good shout. Bell & Mehmeti haven't done enough in my opinion. The Harry & Andi show then!

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if its 2 or 3 up front IMHO. What matters, is you have players with the intellect and awareness to know when to be close together (in a 2) and when to spread the play (as in a 3). You also need to know when to drop off and when/where to run to create space.

The past few years the movement from midfield and attack has been abysmal.

And i'm expecting a radical improvement in ball retention from our own throw ins.

19 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

It doesn't matter if its 2 or 3 up front IMHO. What matters, is you have players with the intellect and awareness to know when to be close together (in a 2) and when to spread the play (as in a 3). You also need to know when to drop off and when/where to run to create space.

The past few years the movement from midfield and attack has been abysmal.

And i'm expecting a radical improvement in ball retention from our own throw ins.

Did you honestly think that the Weimann Semenyo & Martin partnership was “abysmal”?

Between the three of them they scored 42 league goals in 2021/22 with 22 assists.

Martin was a very clever hold up player, Semenyo is quick, strong & two footed, Weimann had the season of his career.

That was only 2 seasons ago.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Did you honestly think that the Weimann Semenyo & Martin partnership was “abysmal”?

Between the three of them they scored 42 league goals in 2021/22 with 22 assists.

Martin was a very clever hold up player, Semenyo is quick, strong & two footed, Weimann had the season of his career.

That was only 2 seasons ago.

:laugh:. Got me there didn't you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

He was 4th official in our game on Wednesday. Unusual to be involved in the same team in successive games? 

Not sure about that one. I think it may have been mentioned at the time but Keith Stroud was allowed to referee the match on Wednesday and is from Hampshire which I thought wasn’t allowed due to the fact it was Southampton.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Blimey, all on me.

Liam obviously reads OTIB..

• Like 1