IGNORED

Bottle Jobs All of Them!

REDOXO

1 minute ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Can't agree about Tanner, defensively I think he is pretty good and we certainly missed him when he was injured. I would agree that he's not an attacking threat though!

That is somewhat the point. He was completely uncomfortable further forward. It’s simply not his game.

I’m not sure his replacement isn’t going to be on Mr Mannings shopping list if we are going to play like that. 

27 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

i get that but you can’t argue the quality isn’t there. The pass for the OG was special. Idah physically in a different realm to anything we have. They had moments today that we just aren’t able to produce at the minute. 

See above about Norwich. 

We didn’t win very often with 40% possession neither. We have reset whether agree with it or not. There are already signs that the style will see us create more. You named their chances. Now name ours. We had plenty to be looking at 3 or more. We are more aggressive in the final third and I am enjoying it. 

For me we had a plenty of half chances. We no way looked like scoring 3 or more IMO. (Edit - just read our XG for 2nd half was 0.02 so my gut feeling wasn’t wrong…)

Clear chances - Conway maybe first half, decent save from Knight’s header.

Norwich had the clearer chances first half. 

Second half, they were happy to give us the possession - but for me we did nowhere near enough…Wagner will be laughing himself to sleep to have drawn Manning in like that and knocking him out with a late sucker punch.

Concern for me is the individual errors creeping back in, the basics slipping too often and the fact that it looks like Manning might be undoing all the hard work Pearson put in place to make us a tough team to beat….for me we don’t lose that game today under NP. 

Yes Manning is doing it differently - it’s clear to see. But different doesn’t always mean better and the jury’s very much out for me that it is better yet.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Why did he play Tanner so far forward and Pring CB in possession?

Why did he put Sykes back on the left when our best moments came when he switched to the right on 30 minutes?

Why is Weimann anywhere near the starting 11?

Why did he play Mehmeti on the right and Bell on the left?

So many things today that confused me I think Manning needs to simplify things and play players in roles where they are suited.

45 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Looked pretty clear Weimann was asked to get closer to Conway in attack which is why he was tucked in so much. Looked like our cms were asked to spread wide with the ball to create overloads out wide. Those are two tweaks off the top of the head without thinking too much.

We were comfortable the entire game. Unlucky OG which is dealt with probably more often than not. And Vyner switched off once after 94.5 minutes. Otherwise comfortable. They had the quality to punish us. We don’t have that quality which is why they were in the game at all. 

I haven’t watched the game, but someone I know did and said Weimann was trying to perform a dual role, so makes sense.

1 minute ago, Hocca said:

Why did he play Tanner so far forward and Pring CB in possession?

Why did he put Sykes back on the left when our best moments came when he switched to the right on 30 minutes?

Why is Weimann anywhere near the starting 11?

Why did he play Mehmeti on the right and Bell on the left?

So many things today that confused me I think Manning needs to simplify things and play players in roles where they are suited.

Oh Thank God! I was beginning to think I was the only one watching!!

This is beginning to look like BLOODY LJ all over again!

25 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I do think more people would get involved if we sang some more of the classics though - haven’t heard ‘red flag flying high’ or EIEIEIO for years and years. Then again, not been much to sing about in truth.

That I do agree with.

Just now, REDOXO said:

Oh Thank God! I was beginning to think I was the only one watching!!

This is beginning to look like BLOODY LJ all over again!

Lottery Lotto GIF

“It’s 1pm so here is todays team draw, brought to you by our principle partner Huboo” 

Think of the commercial opportunities…LJ was a visionary /s

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

The club is rotten through to the core 

I personally couldn’t give to shits anymore. Haven't for a long time 

Lansdowns getting exactly what they deserve 

I agree with the first sentence. Unfortunately I do still care which makes the current situation all the more depressing. 

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Lottery Lotto GIF

“It’s 1pm so here is todays team draw, brought to you by our principle partner Huboo” 

Think of the commercial opportunities…LJ was a visionary /s

Exactly. Just reading the comments no one knew what to think. 

Players doing two roles full backs playing wide, forwards not getting the ball it goes on and on. 

Everyone doing something different, all designed to have more possession. 

Jon Lansdown WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Bye then.

Truth hurts mate 

The hierarchy at this club have done a fantastic job at turning us into an absolute nothing club at this level . The football is dire, the atmosphere is dire - as is the whole match day experience these days at Ashton Gate. The fans have had the life sucked out of them - they don’t even have the passion anymore to give the board the stick they richly deserve 

As for this club and how it’s ran. Pretty much every person at this club who is in a high ranking position - is out of their depth. The Owner, chairman, CEO, whatever role Tinnion now has, the manager…all of them - completely clueless 

Roll on the day they sell up and **** off 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 8
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Dunno why you’d be more angry today than all the other times it’s happened 

It's because of all that's happened in the background as well as today and now as predicted, it looks like it all going to go backwards.

53 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep I think it is evolving into something good while not being a finished product. Yes we lost but usually Norwich come in here to dominate the ball and chances. Today, we did that. 60% possession with 15 shots with 6 on target according to LiveScore. We rarely do that at home and even more rare to a team with quality that Norwich have. We lost but I actually feel like we have a future again. Not just a % side who wants to keep it tight and play for set pieces. 

I’m somewhere in the middle.

I didn’t feel a chance of manager was necessary and I think a comparison to Pearson is slightly unfair in that it was pretty clear that Pearson’s only chance of getting his contract extended was a playoff challenge and, given we don’t have a top six quality squad, that had to mean pragmatic results-driven football. I also sometimes enjoy that in any case - for example, our win at Millwall was an excellent execution of a tactical plan and I enjoyed that game a great deal

At the same time, the reality is we have changed manager and obviously Manning has been brought in to implement a particular style of football. That will obviously take some time - which was one of the reasons why I was not keen to change mid-season - and, as with any change of playing style, it will make some players look better, some players look worse and some players look worse whilst they adapt but better in the long run. And - whilst I didn’t support a change in manager - I think it is only fair to give Manning time to implement his ideas and to give the players the time to adapt to them. 

Within that, I can see elements where Manning is trying to do things differently that I hope will make us more flexible and adaptable in the long run but some of those are only working in parts and I think some players are struggling a bit with a system less geared to their strengths. It might well be that they improve once they settle into it but we will have to see. But the reality is we were crap for the first three months under Pearson and - whatever I think of the recent managerial change - we can’t just constantly change managers or blame Manning for the fact we got rid of his predecessor. So Manning has to be given time to implement his ideas and we have to hope the players adapt to them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

But the reality is we were crap for the first three months under Pearson

…hugely different circumstances in terms of what was being taken on.  We should stop the comparisons, and evaluate Manning for his own circumstances / situation of taking over.

As I’ve said I’ll be monitoring every game, but will make my first real judgements (and they’ll be an early days view) at the end of the window.

I think people are trying to reach conclusions too quickly.

44 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Truth hurts mate 

The hierarchy at this club have done a fantastic job at turning us into an absolute nothing club at this level . The football is dire, the atmosphere is dire - as is the whole match day experience these days at Ashton Gate. The fans have had the life sucked out of them - they don’t even have the passion anymore to give the board the stick they richly deserve 

As for this club and how it’s ran. Pretty much every person at this club who is in a high ranking position - is out of their depth. The Owner, chairman, CEO, whatever role Tinnion now has, the manager…all of them - completely clueless 

I think you are being a bit harsh on Manning at this stage BUT the rest of your post is bang on the money. The thought of Laurel and Hardy picking another manager if Manning fails is the stuff of nightmares.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Truth hurts mate 

We had Nigel Pearson, Richard Gould, Curtis Fleming in positions at the club 12 months ago. Men who had experience in their job roles and not out of their depth. Inevitably with those three gone we have been left with amateur hour again..

Am I right in saying you were one wanting NP sacked? 

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

We had Nigel Pearson, Richard Gould, Curtis Fleming in positions at the club 12 months ago. Men who had experience in their job roles and not out of their depth. Inevitably with those three gone we have been left with amateur hour again..

Am I right in saying you were one wanting NP sacked? 

I still stand by the fact I think it was time for a change yes. 

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

…hugely different circumstances in terms of what was being taken on.  We should stop the comparisons, and evaluate Manning for his own circumstances / situation of taking over.

As I’ve said I’ll be monitoring every game, but will make my first real judgements (and they’ll be an early days view) at the end of the window.

I think people are trying to reach conclusions too quickly.

Oh sure - totally different circumstances and I do agree with you. My only point was that teams do sometimes struggle in their first few games under a new manager and that it shouldn’t be seen as evidence for that manager’s long term success or failure.

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I have never been so angry!

we are Bristol City giving up sickners is what we do. But that took it to a new level

It’s going to take me days to calm down after that. 

I can’t even listen to radio drivel as I might smash my radio. 

Feeling the same way. What makes me more angry is why does the club always make the wrong decisions at the wrong time? And when we do make the right decision with managers we never back them. I am just truely F'd off with it all. 

Just now, T R said:

Feeling the same way. What makes me more angry is why does the club always make the wrong decisions at the wrong time? And when we do make the right decision with managers we never back them. I am just truely F'd off with it all. 

I know mate.  I know! 

This is soul sucking. Right now I HATE JON LANSDOWN. 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Truth hurts mate 

And yet you are here pontificating on a club you apparently hate. Fair enough. 

54 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You suddenly turned into a superfan 'cause you have a new neighbour?

My posting history is consistent before and after, you prove otherwise and I'll **** off out of here. People shitting their pants over 10 seconds of football that didn't go their way, they are hilarious.