IGNORED

Bottle Jobs All of Them!

REDOXO

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You might get be right. 

What instructions have been given?

Looked pretty clear Weimann was asked to get closer to Conway in attack which is why he was tucked in so much. Looked like our cms were asked to spread wide with the ball to create overloads out wide. Those are two tweaks off the top of the head without thinking too much.

We were comfortable the entire game. Unlucky OG which is dealt with probably more often than not. And Vyner switched off once after 94.5 minutes. Otherwise comfortable. They had the quality to punish us. We don’t have that quality which is why they were in the game at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Looked pretty clear Weimann was asked to get closer to Conway in attack which is why he was tucked in so much. Looked like our cms were asked to spread wide with the ball to create overloads out wide. Those are two tweaks off the top of the head without thinking too much.

We were comfortable the entire game. Unlucky OG which is dealt with probably more often than not. And Vyner switched off once after 94.5 minutes. Otherwise comfortable. They had the quality to punish us. We don’t have that quality which is why they were in the game at all. 

Thanks Jon,

But lack of quality? You told us we had a top 6 squad

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Came after a vastly unwarranted sacking and the change was designed to push us on might have something to do with it.

There was a decent feel about the place, that's all gone now. Atmosphere was really quite flat.

There was hardly any noise from the home supporters. It was even remarked upon by the commentary team. 

I don’t know mate. I’m coming off wanting to kick everyone involved with running and playing at the club in the nuts really really hard and more at the acceptance stage after that. 

Terrible decisions from the coach who took off our most likely player to do something (I haven’t seen a substitution as bad as that since Tinion took off Dave Cotterill at Huddersfield). With terrible decisions by players some of whom could not pass five yards as a bloke said on another thread. 

Pathetic!

• Like 1

I have been saying this for a long time the players we have at the club are miles off the pace 

bell 

weimann 

cornick 

Tanner 

mehmeti 

oleary 

matty james 

Naismith ( always injured)

hickman ( only a loan and still raw ) 

pring ( bang average imo and doesn't attack like he used to ) 

Wells ( on his way down in his career )

thats a big number of 11 players named straight off the bat. 

Personally the only top half championship players we have and this isn't even top 6 is dickie and Knight. 

the board needs to back there man with good sound recruitment and finances otherwise its totally pointless all of it is

Edited by BCFC31

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I put this on another thread but I think the other thing I’m getting from the 3 games I’ve seen under Manning is that he wants us to keep the ball and not play speculative balls forward if we’re not likely to retain possession. Some people got a bit frustrated with James and Tanner but I felt they both did exactly what they were asked and did it well. The problem is we had 3 or 4 other players doing it badly and that let the approach down.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes. You may be right. 

However the only time you saw Wieman do anything was when he was yelling at the referee. 

Conway seems to have lost all confidence in front of goal

We were comfortable playing the ball in pretty triangles going nowhere 

Tanner was weak the entire game. The OG was from a trade mark foot dangle. 

Vyner switched off. He has hardly been switched on in the last four games. 

They Norwich, had very little quality. It was a weak own goal and a switched off center back. 

We don’t have quality. I’m not sure Mr Lansdown jnr agrees

it I guess we saw it differently! 

23 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Can I also say, the atmosphere today - flat as a pancake. And that is imo 100% because the football on offer is bland and unambitious. 

Sunday early KO. Was hardly going to be River Plate was it?

People always go on about the atmosphere. But apart from a couple hundred in the corner, they do absolutely nothing about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I put this on another thread but I think the other thing I’m getting from the 3 games I’ve seen under Manning is that he wants us to keep the ball and not play speculative balls forward if we’re not likely to retain possession. Some people got a bit frustrated with James and Tanner but I felt thru both did exactly what they were asked and did it well. The problem is we had 3 or 4 other players doing it badly and that let the approach down.

Yep I think it is evolving into something good while not being a finished product. Yes we lost but usually Norwich come in here to dominate the ball and chances. Today, we did that. 60% possession with 15 shots with 6 on target according to LiveScore. We rarely do that at home and even more rare to a team with quality that Norwich have. We lost but I actually feel like we have a future again. Not just a % side who wants to keep it tight and play for set pieces. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I have been saying this for a long time the players we have at the club are miles off the pace 

bell 

weimann 

cornick 

Tanner 

mehmeti 

oleary 

matty james 

Naismith ( always injured)

hickman ( only a loan and still raw ) 

pring ( bang average imo and doesn't attack like he used to ) 

Wells ( on his way down in his career )

thats a big number of 11 players named straight off the bat. 

Personally the only top half championship players we have and this isn't even top 6 is dickie and Knight. 

the board needs to back there man with good sound recruitment and finances otherwise its totally pointless all of it is

Yeah well then, why didn't we back NP if we're that deficient.

A few of those have perhaps run their course, or no longer up to it but so far Manning is underperforming.

7 pts from those 4 last season. We had Scott and Semenyo for some but less injuries too.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep I think it is evolving into something good while not being a finished product. Yes we lost but usually Norwich come in here to dominate the ball and chances. Today, we did that. 60% possession with 15 shots with 6 on target according to LiveScore. We rarely do that at home and even more rare to a team with quality that Norwich have. We lost but I actually feel like we have a future again. Not just a % side who wants to keep it tight and play for set pieces. 

Norwich on the road are abysmal or were from late August anyway.

Very fragile or so they were.. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Norwich of the past maybe but that was a poor side we played against today whose own fans were booing them yet we still conceded two, they hit the post and Barnes missed a very good chance. We had 60% of possession, the majority of which was backwards or sideways passing achieving nothing. I’d rather have 40% of the ball and win 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes. You may be right. 

However the only time you saw Wieman do anything was when he was yelling at the referee. 

They Norwich, had very little quality. It was a weak own goal and a switched off center back. 

We lack quality up front for sure. I argued that in the summer. Wells will help and Mcrorie could be the answer at rb. And if Vyner continues to switch off he will have Atkinson soon looking to come in. Still think we need another who can play anywhere across the front 3. 

JL needs a reality check if he honestly believes we can stand still in the market. No one can afford to do that. 

I just think the patterns of play have gotten better. We have gotten more patient and composed in possession. All in the span of a month with games usually every 3-4 games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes. You may be right. 

On Conway I’d say he’s more fed up with the style of play than confidence, as a striker you want to know that if you miss a chance then another will come along and I don’t see us playing the style that keeps him busy in and around the box.

Tanner isn’t weak he lost his head because of the OG and that was visible so should have been replaced rather than waiting for him to get booked for a stupid foul and grow into himself even more.

Vyner always switches off, he’s always been a reactive player than proactive, watch him every game make a mistake and then TBF he does recover well but unfortunately today it was against someone with pace.

I think we do have quality but not where we need it and where it shows which at this level is the difference.

We lack quality up front for sure. I argued that in the summer. Wells will help and Mcrorie could be the answer at rb. And if Vyner continues to switch off he will have Atkinson soon looking to come in. Still think we need another who can play anywhere across the front 3. 

JL needs a reality check if he honestly believes we can stand still in the market. No one can afford to do that. 

I just think the patterns of play have gotten better. We have gotten more patient and composed in possession. All in the span of a month with games usually every 3-4 games. 

We have gotten more patient. Maybe

We pass around too much as we can’t find a forward ball. Would be my interpretation. But I guess that’s a matter of opinion. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Sunday early KO. Was hardly going to be River Plate was it?

People always go on about the atmosphere. But apart from a couple hundred in the corner, they do absolutely nothing about it.

I do think more people would get involved if we sang some more of the classics though - haven’t heard ‘red flag flying high’ or EIEIEIO for years and years. Then again, not been much to sing about in truth.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Came after a vastly unwarranted sacking and the change was designed to push us on might have something to do with it.

There was a decent feel about the place, that's all gone now. Atmosphere was really quite flat.

Lots of fans agree with you there Mr P

I posted on another thread that the hierarchy think the current squad is good enough to be pushing for the play offs but the reality is that currently the squad would do well to finish in the top half - regardless of who the manager is. The quality required is simply not there - having sold two of our better players within the last year clearly doesn’t help.

Today City played pretty well first half and Tanner was unlucky to deflect the ball into our net and at 1-1 Vyner who’s been class all season gets the wrong side and City concede a 95th winner for Norwich 

A draw would’ve been a fairer result as would a more consistent referee……..:disapointed2se:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Norwich on the road are abysmal or were from late August anyway.

Very fragile or so they were.. 

i get that but you can’t argue the quality isn’t there. The pass for the OG was special. Idah physically in a different realm to anything we have. They had moments today that we just aren’t able to produce at the minute. 

3 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

Norwich of the past maybe but that was a poor side we played against today whose own fans were booing them yet we still conceded two, they hit the post and Barnes missed a very good chance. We had 60% of possession, the majority of which was backwards or sideways passing achieving nothing. I’d rather have 40% of the ball and win 

See above about Norwich. 

We didn’t win very often with 40% possession neither. We have reset whether agree with it or not. There are already signs that the style will see us create more. You named their chances. Now name ours. We had plenty to be looking at 3 or more. We are more aggressive in the final third and I am enjoying it. 

3 minutes ago, WoodsDTES said:

On Conway I’d say he’s more fed up with the style of play than confidence, as a striker you want to know that if you miss a chance then another will come along and I don’t see us playing the style that keeps him busy in and around the box.

Tanner isn’t weak he lost his head because of the OG and that was visible so should have been replaced rather than waiting for him to get booked for a stupid foul and grow into himself even more.

Vyner always switches off, he’s always been a reactive player than proactive, watch him every game make a mistake and then TBF he does recover well but unfortunately today it was against someone with pace.

I think we do have quality but not where we need it and where it shows which at this level is the difference.

I think Tanner was awful all game. He was played wider and forward. He just didn’t look comfortable at all. 

Dickie and Knight are quality right now. I don’t see much past them. However form is temporary and perhaps Mr Manning can get a tune from the rest of the squad

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We have gotten more patient. Maybe

We pass around too much as we can’t find a forward ball. Would be my interpretation. But I guess that’s a matter of opinion. 

Yes would be opinion but I have come away from AG too many times to see 3 shots and 0 on target in recent years. It was not that today. For me performance was there. They had one moment of quality for the first goal and the OG happens 1 in 50 or something. Vyner switched off and got bullied which isn’t acceptable. 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That all counts for nothing if you leave the game empty handed.

This Norwich team have also been in terrible form recently and Wagner was going to be sacked if they lost today.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah well then, why didn't we back NP if we're that deficient.

A few of those have perhaps run their course, or no longer up to it but so far Manning is underperforming.

7 pts from those 4 last season. We had Scott and Semenyo for some but less injuries too.

That's what I mean appointing manning is totally pointless unless you back him in the transfer market which I suppose we are yet to see but going of the lansdowns recent lack of investment into the playing side i can't see us really signing anyone in Jan and the narrative from the club will be ( January is a difficult market and any other load of old crap to keep the happy clappers sweet it's embarrassing 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think Tanner was awful all game. He was played wider and forward. He just didn’t look comfortable at all. 

Dickie and Knight are quality right now. I don’t see much past them. However form is temporary and perhaps Mr Manning can get a tune from the rest of the squad

Can't agree about Tanner, defensively I think he is pretty good and we certainly missed him when he was injured. I would agree that he's not an attacking threat though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

That all counts for nothing if you leave the game empty handed.

This Norwich team have also been in terrible form recently and Wagner was going to be sacked if they lost today.  

It is like the 4-5th game and half of our attacking options are L1 standard. It is building for the future. A good style of play will help atmosphere, recruitment and eventually points. 

• Hmmm 1