IGNORED

Impatience

Charlie BCFC

17 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Not a case of Manning out, as it wasn’t with Pearson. The board though have dug themselves a large hole here and it’s them I would suggest is where the frustration lies. Not that it really matters as the Lansdown won’t give two hoots what the fans think. 

The reasoning may be different but this has the potential to be a similar situation to LJ. 

For me there is a problem of credibility. LM has very little. He has only coached for a short time at League 1 level. He is attempting a huge change in playing style. He replaced a coach that had the respect of the group. So if his new approach fails to bring results fairly soon, how long will he have the dressing room.

14 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

A week before Pearson was appointed we couldn't even get out of our own half against Barnsley and had players almost crying in the post match interview.

A week before Pearson left, we were 8th.

And when he did leave we had lost the previous two games and were no longer 8th - just a bit of balance as I keep seeing this crop up and its pretty meaningless really. We were top at one time with LJ and again with Holden..

Edited by bcfc01

Snippet from The Game.

"and the final whistle was greeted with boos that echoed around Ashton Gate, as the locals vented their spleen. Their chorus of disapproval was in the direction of the manager Liam Manning, who now has just one win to his credit from four games since succeeding Nigel Pearson".

Whether it was aimed at Manning, the last minute goal or decision to replace is a matter of debate but it was clear.

Yet OTIB doesn't reflect the fanbase etc. :laugh:

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

For me there is a problem of credibility. LM has very little. He has only coached for a short time at League 1 level. He is attempting a huge change in playing style. He replaced a coach that had the respect of the group. So if his new approach fails to bring results fairly soon, how long will he have the dressing room.

Great point

Some of our players were completely transformed by Nige - the social media stuff in praise of Nigel after he was sacked said it all - pretty unanimous from past and present players.

I wonder if with Liam, they feel cheated, robbed of an ethos and project they all committed and bought into?

Certainly Conway looks devastated, Vyner has regressed, and the whole team look.......disinterested.

When Nige came in, he set a bar - you reached that bar, you were 'on the bus'.

Nige always left the door open for players - you do this, and as far as I am concerned, the slate is clear.

Most bought in. We saw this many times. The ones that didn't - well they were moved on - but the point remains - they were given a chance to redeem, and be a part of something potentially special.

They 100% believed in Nigel Pearson, his work ethic, his standards and we saw it on the pitch.

Sure, it was a lot of 3 steps forward, 5 steps back - but overall, things were gradually improving, and with a couple more players in pre-season, this squad could have gone places.

So now you have men who had committed the last 3 years of their working lives to the vision and standards of one man - who, for reasons we all know, has been discarded in an incredibly disrespectful way.

And in comes his replacement - and he proceeds to tell them that all they worked for over the last 3 years no longer matters, and it's his way now.

And that's fine.

It's Liams team now, his rules.

But I suspect very strongly, that they are still NIGELS players, and until this disparity is corrected, then this will be a long hard season.

It's a perfect storm of disgruntled players, inexperienced  coaches, non-existent upper management, and a culture, once again, of zero accountability and nepotism - things Nigel worked so very very hard to change.

If we lose another 3 or 4 in the next 5, then this current stagnation could very well turn into a genuine freefall.

Edited by The Constant Rabbit
  • Thanks 2